Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Looks like the two today are Fiorini and Bakinson, both could become permanent.

If they impress .......FFS 
  • Wot? 5pm and no solution to world peace. Get rid
  • cfgs said:
    Aaron Henry recalled from Crawley and sent out to Wealdstone.
    Bit of a backwards step isn't it?
  • RedChaser said:
    ForeverAddickted said:
    Didn’t one of the Matt Smiths come from City as well. 

They’ve done a great job of stitching us up. 
    Yup that should be the biggest complaint about Fiorini (How is he Scottish with a name like that) - All our Man City loans have ended up being absolute shite; Danny Mills was signed on loan from them when he decided he didnt want to play over Christmas
    Fiorini is Scottish you say, might help Fraser a bit on the communication front ‘ See you Scott, I’ve just about had enough of you!’ 😉
    That’s made my mind up - he’s obviously shit.
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-reject-bid-for-winger-corey-blackett-taylor/

Charlton Athletic have rejected a bid for Corey Blackett-Taylor.

Derby County had attempted to sign the former Aston Villa youngster in the summer transfer window, with Paul Warne a big admirer of the player.

And the South London Press understands that Blackett-Taylor has been the subject of an offer this week that has been turned down.

The 26-year-old is out of contract at the end of this campaign and has been tabled an extension to his current terms.

We reported before that there is also interest from abroad in Blackett-Taylor, who has been one of the standout attacking players.

• edited January 5

"Charlton technical director Andy Scott told our paper last month: “Corey has got a new agent since the summer and we’ve had some good discussions about his thoughts and plans for the future.

“He’s had a really good season. His raw pace, power and the fact he has added goals and assists to his game this season will entice teams in the league above and probably abroad as well.

“We’re anticipating some interest in him, definitely, but that doesn’t mean we are going to settle for losing him. We’ve got to see how it pans out and be prepared for every scenario.

“We have offered him a very good contract – a realistic contract. It is incentivised, the same as we do with all our player contracts.”"

• Scoham said:

I mean you want them to sign a 3 year deal if they don't impress?!
  • If CBT & Dobson are to leave (to be clear I want them to sign new deals). I think i'd rather offload them both now to help give a clearer picture of what is needed now & for next season.
    I think if they both leave now we could go down.
    First we got no chance of going down second Dobson will stay he not interested in leaving as his dad confirmed CBT not bothered ( turning out to be biggest overrated player we ever seen ) we can do much  better like CJ Hamilton ..

What fucking planet are you on? We've every chance of going down as it stands, we're just 6 points above the zone. We have no god given right to avoid it...we need players in the door ASAP, or trouble will be heading our way!
    CBT, you've never liked him, God knows why, he scores goals, is quick and provides assists, yes he needs to do more, but biggest overrated player we've ever seen is just wrong. I can think of loads more in my 63 yrs of supporting this club!

Chill Red...🍺some things just ain't worth it mate...🙄
  • If CBT & Dobson are to leave (to be clear I want them to sign new deals). I think i'd rather offload them both now to help give a clearer picture of what is needed now & for next season.
    I think if they both leave now we could go down.
    First we got no chance of going down second Dobson will stay he not interested in leaving as his dad confirmed CBT not bothered ( turning out to be biggest overrated player we ever seen ) we can do much  better like CJ Hamilton ..

What fucking planet are you on? We've every chance of going down as it stands, we're just 6 points above the zone. We have no god given right to avoid it...we need players in the door ASAP, or trouble will be heading our way!
    CBT, you've never liked him, God knows why, he scores goals, is quick and provides assists, yes he needs to do more, but biggest overrated player we've ever seen is just wrong. I can think of loads more in my 63 yrs of supporting this club!

Chill Red...🍺some things just ain't worth it mate...🙄
    I was also going to say don’t give him the pleasure of an orgasm knowing he’s wound you up 😏.

• Sponsored links:

• Or the negotiations could be with him/his agent over his potential wage rather than a transfer fee which we all presumed had been agreed.

The fact that their DOF says “it’s at Charlton’s end” could either mean Plymouth are waiting for another offer from us, or they’re waiting to hear if the player is going to sign with us or not.
    I doubt it’s wages. That would have already have been discussed with his agent even before Plymouth got involved. I expect a fee had been agreed before he rocked up at The Valley on Monday. It all smacks of failed medical and us trying to now reduce the fee or maybe even pull out completely.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:

I mean you want them to sign a 3 year deal if they don't impress?!
    I’d rather sign players who we are confident can make an improvement to the first team rather than sign three or four on a suck it and see basis.
  • Just listened to MA presser. Still thinks we can make the play offs and very very close to signings, May is only 50/50 for tomorrow! This is why we need a striker today! 
    Just shows Appleton is full of shit the same as Scott 
  • edited January 5
    Chunes said:
    "January will be an exciting time to be a Charlton fan."

.... 5th Jan

"We're signing Bakinson on loan."
    Didn’t know January was only 5 days 😉 
    Ah come on, that is probably the most unexciting name since Matt Penney. Apart from JCH, I can't see anything thus far that would set the pulses racing. 
  • Anyway Bakinson confirmed 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:
    Bakinson is out of contract in the summer. I don’t massively rate the signing from what I’ve seen of him, but a loan where it’s a bit of a try before you buy is fine as there’s a good chance we get him permanently if he does well 
    And we all know he won't do well and he won't be better than Louie Watson who is signed to a Premier League Club, is still wanted by that club and who want to take him back off of us because they can't believe, seeing how shit we are playing, that he's not getting any game time!

If anybody thinks Bakinson is better than Louie Watson, prepare to be UNDERWHELMED!
    On what basis are you saying that though? The reality is that the way Appleton sets the team up we need more of a physical presence in midfield. Whether we like it or not, that's what's required and Bakinson is a 6ft3 defensive midfielder who will hopefully provide more of what the team needs in the middle, which is for teams not to be able to run directly through us. Watson has played a grand total of 608 minutes of Championship football and 637 minutes of L1 football in his career, Bakinson has 3,196 minutes of Championship football and 2,585 minutes of L1 football. We do need a bit more experience and he's got a lot at this level and above. I have liked what I've seen of Watson but I think we're in danger of making him out to be a much more important and influential player than he is. He had some good games but he was pretty rank the last few times he played, in line with all the others, but to hear him talked about you'd think we had Leo Messi on our bench. I don't know enough about Bakinson to assume how he'll play and I'm more that ready to accept any player we sign will somehow fail for us, but a positionally aware physical presence is needed in our midfield along with a bit more experience, there's no denying that.
    The bad attitude comments
    The goes missing comments
    The inconsistent comments

Sadly he's not encouraging me 

We need influential footballers 
    People with the right attitude
    People with something to prove

Wednesday have been abject and they don't want him and are willing to let him go out on loan whilst they are in real danger of being relegated.

That concerns me

Agreed. It sounds like no lessons have been learnt to me.
    We'll soon find out come the end of the month.
  • Or the negotiations could be with him/his agent over his potential wage rather than a transfer fee which we all presumed had been agreed.

The fact that their DOF says “it’s at Charlton’s end” could either mean Plymouth are waiting for another offer from us, or they’re waiting to hear if the player is going to sign with us or not.
    At least five days for negotiations does not bode well.
  • RedChaser said:
    Charlton 1 - 3 Carlisle

Start of a comeback? Will we get a second tonight?
  • cfgs said:
    Aaron Henry recalled from Crawley and sent out to Wealdstone.
    so good to see Andy Scott really earning his money 
  • Scoham said:
    RedChaser said:
    Charlton 1 - 3 Carlisle

Start of a comeback? Will we get a second tonight?
    Fingers crossed, don’t think it’ll be a Golfie though, not of the positive variety either way 😉.
  • He's even been injured recently. Unreal