Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Has Watson gone back to Luton do we know?

Not confirmed but these 2 signings feel like it's inevitable he will , probably be in the squad tomorrow because Bakinson and Fiorini won't have been registered in time but I can see Luton pulling the plug Monday. 
  • edited January 5
    Addick_8 said:
    Nothing screams longevity more than 2 loan signings 🤣
    Loan signings with view to permanent move .. completely diff from a loan of a young player or someone needing to get fit …. excellent signings for the club and big move to improving us as a team and allow MA to play 352 
    Ronnie old mate can you point me to where it says either are with a view to a permanent move? Thought not. More nonsense from you.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Nothing screams longevity more than 2 loan signings 🤣
    Loan signings with view to permanent move .. completely diff from a loan of a young player or someone needing to get fit …. excellent signings for the club and big move to improving us as a team and allow MA to play 352 
    Ronnie old mate can you point me to where it says either are with a view to a permanent move? Though not. More nonsense from you.
    To be fair one of them only has 6 months left on his contract so can be viewed that way so Ronnie is half right for once
  • BigDiddy said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    None of the links so far have impressed me bar JCH who I suspect we won't shell out for and Docherty could be a coup but again I don't see it. JCH could be formidable with May and Docherty is your very box-to-box type. Would make a great partner with Dobbo assuming the captain stays. 

Coventry I really am not sure about, don't know enough/haven't watched him enough. I've seen a lot of people mention his MK Dons performance, but we are pants and I've seen loads of players do well against us and not light the pitch up in other games. Especially towards the end of Jackos tenure where we genuinely looked useless.

One signing I definitely don't like the sound of is Gillesphey which is probably the one who is a goer out of the lot. We have made the mistake too many times of taking other clubs bit part players who are struggling with injuries in particular. This screams of that. I've seen Plymouth fans annoyed when he allegedly failed the medical and saying 'more bad luck' and seen some pretty in-depth reports on him. 

Basically sounds like he has no pace (which we struggle with as is) isn't particularly strong or an aerial threat but his main strength is he can ping a ball and in a back 3 he is dependable. We don't play a back 3 and as much as I give him grief, we already have Hector who can ping a ball to all of our non-physical forwards. 

Just sounds like an on the cheap window again, especially if we can't get JCH who is proven and does what he says on the tin and we now know is realistic. 

There are quality players in this league and below, why are we going for the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs or coming back from injuries? Same old Charlton for me 
    We haven’t signed any of them yet so it means nothing, but I think all 4 look like they’d be good signings. Personally Coventry and Docherty would be the standouts so I hope we get at least 1 of them done 

There is nothing wrong with signing players from leagues above, in fact it should be encouraged surely? Better than the likes of Jaiyesimi, Payne, Egbo, Kirk, Lavelle etc that we’ve signed from Leagues 1 & 2. The best L1/L2 players cost millions nowadays, we can’t afford that. Better players for better value exist in championship squads 
    Signing from league above = castoffs or injury prone, not willing to pay the going rate for a good one

Signings from this league = just because he played well against us doesn’t mean anything, probably wants more than we’re willing to pay

Signings from league below = never going to make the step up, won’t want a big wage

These are the conclusions you can draw when you have a pre-determined outcome in your head.
    It frustrates me to see such negativity too, but I do get why the level of scepticism has never been higher. Until the day the sceptics are proved wrong, and they do want to be, I don't doubt that, then unfortunately we're in for more of the same.
    What should we do after 15 years of bullshite and decline - rejoice at shit owners, shit manager, shit squad and shit loanees?

Acclimatise your expectations to our current level.

We are a league 1 side with a championship stadium and a fan base with wildly high expectations.

The club will flirt with the dream of returning to the promised land every few years after a rare promotion, but realistically it is out of reach and we will be relegated again after a brief stay in the championship

This cycle will continue until we get unrealistic owners that match the unrealistic expectations. 

• Can either play tomorrow, or was we too late as always and missed the cut off, or will they not be match fit till end of March?
  • Bailey said:
    Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
    Scott only acting on the manager’s and recruitment 
    Data Analyst….. 
    Andy Scott is technical director Ronnie, he is responsible for the recruitment of players to the club, and those who depart. Whatever resources or advice he takes or uses, he is ultimately responsible. You will find that is how it works and he is answerable to the board whilst holding that post. 
  • Sponsored links:

• BigDiddy said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    None of the links so far have impressed me bar JCH who I suspect we won't shell out for and Docherty could be a coup but again I don't see it. JCH could be formidable with May and Docherty is your very box-to-box type. Would make a great partner with Dobbo assuming the captain stays. 

Coventry I really am not sure about, don't know enough/haven't watched him enough. I've seen a lot of people mention his MK Dons performance, but we are pants and I've seen loads of players do well against us and not light the pitch up in other games. Especially towards the end of Jackos tenure where we genuinely looked useless.

One signing I definitely don't like the sound of is Gillesphey which is probably the one who is a goer out of the lot. We have made the mistake too many times of taking other clubs bit part players who are struggling with injuries in particular. This screams of that. I've seen Plymouth fans annoyed when he allegedly failed the medical and saying 'more bad luck' and seen some pretty in-depth reports on him. 

Basically sounds like he has no pace (which we struggle with as is) isn't particularly strong or an aerial threat but his main strength is he can ping a ball and in a back 3 he is dependable. We don't play a back 3 and as much as I give him grief, we already have Hector who can ping a ball to all of our non-physical forwards. 

Just sounds like an on the cheap window again, especially if we can't get JCH who is proven and does what he says on the tin and we now know is realistic. 

There are quality players in this league and below, why are we going for the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs or coming back from injuries? Same old Charlton for me 
    We haven’t signed any of them yet so it means nothing, but I think all 4 look like they’d be good signings. Personally Coventry and Docherty would be the standouts so I hope we get at least 1 of them done 

There is nothing wrong with signing players from leagues above, in fact it should be encouraged surely? Better than the likes of Jaiyesimi, Payne, Egbo, Kirk, Lavelle etc that we’ve signed from Leagues 1 & 2. The best L1/L2 players cost millions nowadays, we can’t afford that. Better players for better value exist in championship squads 
    Signing from league above = castoffs or injury prone, not willing to pay the going rate for a good one

Signings from this league = just because he played well against us doesn’t mean anything, probably wants more than we’re willing to pay

Signings from league below = never going to make the step up, won’t want a big wage

These are the conclusions you can draw when you have a pre-determined outcome in your head.
    It frustrates me to see such negativity too, but I do get why the level of scepticism has never been higher. Until the day the sceptics are proved wrong, and they do want to be, I don't doubt that, then unfortunately we're in for more of the same.
    What should we do after 15 years of bullshite and decline - rejoice at shit owners, shit manager, shit squad and shit loanees?

No
  • edited January 5
    That League 1 News account is ran by a teenager undoubtedly, they copy and paste a fuck ton of tweets.

They're probably just going by what is being said on the cafc hashtag and going with it for interactions. That's what that account does on a day to day basis, it's not an ITK account @Yann897
  • Yann897 said:

That’s click bait son
  • swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:

No
    I take it by your demeanour BigDiddy, that your Christmas wasn't quite the roaring success you were hoping for !  😊
  • ozaddick said:
    We've just signed 2 players, one that has only completed 90 mins once, and the other hasn't played this season at all. What the actual feck are these owners playing at??? These are not signings that will improve our squad. Charlie Kirk has played more minutes than these 2. 
    I honestly believe that we are yet to hit rock bottom, and, considering how far we have fallen, I fear for the future of the club.  I'm bloody gob smacked right now.   
    Spot on unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• ozaddick said:
    We've just signed 2 players, one that has only completed 90 mins once, and the other hasn't played this season at all. What the actual feck are these owners playing at??? These are not signings that will improve our squad. Charlie Kirk has played more minutes than these 2. 
    I honestly believe that we are yet to hit rock bottom, and, considering how far we have fallen, I fear for the future of the club.  I'm bloody gob smacked right now.   
    Actually agree with this post, it seems like lessons haven't been learn't after the signings of Taylor and Camara. Both Camara and Taylor had limited minutes of football in the previous six months and were obviously a risk, Appleton needs to give the two new signings some game time in the reserves before blooding them in the first team. 
  • ozaddick said:
    How about wait and see how these two are before you jump the gun? 
    Scar tissue 
    We have it due to the shit windows we've endured recently
    Happy to be proven wrong 
    Hopefully
  • Positives:

- our midfield is terrible at the moment, these 2 are better than what we have fit and available so have improved the team

- Bakinson offers height/physicality and a bit of defensive ability. Fiorini offers creativity. All things we are really lacking at the moment 

Negatives:

- 2 loans, at least with Bakinson there looks to be a decent chance of a permanent deal. Hopefully the same is true for Fiorini and it’s not just him auditioning for a championship loan next season 

- neither have played much football so I’m doubtful they will be able to go straight into the 11 and play every minute 

• NabySarr said:
    Positives:

- our midfield is terrible at the moment, these 2 are better than what we have fit and available so have improved the team

- Bakinson offers height/physicality and a bit of defensive ability. Fiorini offers creativity. All things we are really lacking at the moment 

Negatives:

- 2 loans, at least with Bakinson there looks to be a decent chance of a permanent deal. Hopefully the same is true for Fiorini and it’s not just him auditioning for a championship loan next season 

- neither have played much football so I’m doubtful they will be able to go straight into the 11 and play every minute 

Fiorini is under contract till the summer of 2026. I can’t see City letting him go on the cheap if he’s any good.
  • NabySarr said:
    Positives:

Negatives:

Fiorini is under contract till the summer of 2026. I can’t see City letting him go on the cheap if he’s any good.
    I think someone can be very good at this level and nothing like good enough for Man City. (Tedic it seems was simply not good enough for either) I would imagine if he does well then a season long loan next season would be the most likely outcome. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    Positives:

Negatives:

I think someone can be very good at this level and nothing like good enough for Man City. (Tedic it seems was simply not good enough for either) I would imagine if he does well then a season long loan next season would be the most likely outcome. 
    I agree but I was responding to someone suggesting Fiorini could become a permanent deal possibly.