Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• cfgs said:
    Aaron Henry recalled from Crawley and sent out to Wealdstone.
    so good to see Andy Scott really earning his money 
    Scott's a master, sent him away to improve, now out to a club further down the ladder!
  • There’s a Bakinson thread now. 
  • 3 league goals a season makes him prolific vs our other centre midfielders.
  • edited January 5
    He's even been injured recently. Unreal 

So he does not have injury issues, but was injured in October, but has been back and available since December. So wouldn’t really call that being injured for ‘some time’

Also he is defensive minded midfielder but that guy is complaining about his goal record.

Do people not think before they find the first tweet which matches their thoughts and posts it online. 
  • sam3110 said:
    "oooh he doesn't score many goals" 

He's a defensive midfielder ffs, what do they expect?
    A perfect HATRICK on his full league debut 
  • Tedic confirmed as gone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not impressed really with this, I believe permanents will happen but 2 loans to start is not a good look
  • Even if he's bang average that will be an improvement on Fraser 
  • sam3110 said:
    "oooh he doesn't score many goals" 

He's a defensive midfielder ffs, what do they expect?
    Not according to Micky Apples he isn’t just a DM, can play box to box as well.
  • Don't mind a loan. Just not in January and us sitting in 14th pointless imo. 

• They've even got him to say he came because of Appleton. At this point I am just impressed by their PR, if we had a team as good as their PR we'd go up as champions even at this stage of the season.

That's purely a Tom Rubbershoes thing, incoming players praising the manager has been a feature ever since he joined.  It used to be all the young loanees saying how they only joined us because of Lee Bowyer; the name just gets changed when we get a new manager.  One day the Comms team will forget the update the template and the old managers name will get quoted by accident.
    Not something to beat the new owners with.
  • Sponsored links:

• We are not paying transfer fees so forget about JCH. Loans and freebies are the strategy. Leak a few names we are interested in to make it seem like we mean business and then sign shite on the last day of the window. And then repeat every transfer window.
    And the first shitty loan through the door
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Both are Loan with Perm options... Jeez get over yourselves. Still X days left of the window. At least give it until 3pm tomorrow to whinge.
    5pm
    Even better.
  • Valley11 said:
     I don't have any mates supporting other clubs but if I did, they'd all say Bakinson is shit, can go missing, injury prone etc etc.,
    Hilarious. Simply passing on what I’ve been told.

Another loan. Wow. These new owners are really pulling out all the stops.
    Bet we don’t end up with JCH or Coventry. 
    Just the usual cheap stop gaps. 

Well, I’m sure you know the old adage, ‘if you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything’ ;)
  • I couldn't care less if there loans, there extra bodies in the door more depth that we need desperately, there is 66 points left to play for and we should be aiming to win them all, hopefully we see Coventry, Clarke-harris and a few more on perms and build for next season aswell 
  • For all we know "swfcsykes" could be their Colin. Let's judge him after we've seen him play a few matches!
    Christ is it really that bad that we have to watch Colin play a few matches? 
  • Best to cut short the loan of Tedic and admit it didnt work, urgent need of a replacement   
  • edited January 5

They've even got him to say he came because of Appleton. At this point I am just impressed by their PR, if we had a team as good as their PR we'd go up as champions even at this stage of the season.

That's purely a Tom Rubbershoes thing, incoming players praising the manager has been a feature ever since he joined.  It used to be all the young loanees saying how they only joined us because of Lee Bowyer; the name just gets changed when we get a new manager.  One day the Comms team will forget the update the template and the old managers name will get quoted by accident.
    Not something to beat the new owners with.

Players, like managers, say a variation of the same fluff all the time.

Here is Scully doing that for instance.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/scully-a-perfect-fit/

Here is May and Jones not doing that, but talking about how big the club is which is another classic:

And I’m sure if you bothered to look you would find examples of all of this at all clubs up and down the country.

It really feels like we are clutching at straws now to find things to have a moan about.