Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Not a hope in hell Blackpool would sell CJ Hamilton to us. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Come on guys, any loan with a view to buy is a positive.
    We were told we would be focussing on permanent acquisitions to add to the squad for next season now.   We are going with a loan - nowhere, apart from the journo does that say it's with a view to a permanent deal.

We were told we would be going for permanent signings.   He isn't.

Why am I happy about being lied to?

But each to their own.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing - the loan - I am saying the owners stated they wanted permanent transfers...... 
    They can't say with a view to a permanent deal because when his loan ends he will no longer be Sheffield Wednesday's player to sell.

But it's pretty obvious a player coming on loan in the last 6 months of his contract is with a view to being a permanent signing. It's effectively a trial. If he's shit we've not lost anything, if he's good we will try and sign him.
    Or it's a cheap option compared to spending actual money on better players.
    if you are a conspiracy theorist.
    It's the 5 Jan and we've already had bids in for Coventry, JCH and Gillesphey.

I understand the wider frustration with things but i really don't see why you're knocking a loan signing who is 25, local, good experience in this division with clubs who were promoted and could potentially sign for us in the summer.
    Bids they  know won't be enough.
    It's all a f******g nonsense
  • “Elsewhere, we understand Charlton Athletic, another of the clubs keen on El Mizouni in the summer, have joined Oxford in showing interest in former Blues forward Armando Dobra, now with Chesterfield.

The Albanian U21 international’s contract with Town was terminated by mutual consent in the summer of 2022.”

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/46369/town-rebuff-el-mizouni-bids
  • Didn't someone post earlier that they'd heard Dobra was another one with a very poor attitude and that's why he'd dropped into Non League? 
  • Have we signed anyone yet
    Have we signed anyone yet

Are we all in the back of the CL 🚙 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Come on guys, any loan with a view to buy is a positive.
    We were told we would be focussing on permanent acquisitions to add to the squad for next season now.   We are going with a loan - nowhere, apart from the journo does that say it's with a view to a permanent deal.

We were told we would be going for permanent signings.   He isn't.

Why am I happy about being lied to?

But each to their own.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing - the loan - I am saying the owners stated they wanted permanent transfers...... 
    They can't say with a view to a permanent deal because when his loan ends he will no longer be Sheffield Wednesday's player to sell.

But it's pretty obvious a player coming on loan in the last 6 months of his contract is with a view to being a permanent signing. It's effectively a trial. If he's shit we've not lost anything, if he's good we will try and sign him.
    Or it's a cheap option compared to spending actual money on better players.
    if you are a conspiracy theorist.
    It's the 5 Jan and we've already had bids in for Coventry, JCH and Gillesphey.

I understand the wider frustration with things but i really don't see why you're knocking a loan signing who is 25, local, good experience in this division with clubs who were promoted and could potentially sign for us in the summer.
    Bids they  know won't be enough.
    It's all a f******g nonsense
    You must be salesman’s dream if you pay whatever they say somethings worth. 
  • A good mate who is a Bristol City season ticket holder on Bakinson:

You won’t find many City fans have a good thing to say about him, was a bit of a prick when he left. Decent enough on his day but can go missing a lot. Also attitude problem by all accounts, so Pearson told him to do one
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 5
    Valley11 said:
    A good mate who is a Bristol City season ticket holder on Bakinson:

You won’t find many City fans have a good thing to say about him, was a bit of a prick when he left. Decent enough on his day but can go missing a lot. Also attitude problem by all accounts, so Pearson told him to do one
    Was that taken from Andy Scott's browser search history?
  • edited January 5
    Aaron Henry recalled from Crawley and sent out to Wealdstone.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:
    Bakinson is out of contract in the summer. I don’t massively rate the signing from what I’ve seen of him, but a loan where it’s a bit of a try before you buy is fine as there’s a good chance we get him permanently if he does well 
    And we all know he won't do well and he won't be better than Louie Watson who is signed to a Premier League Club, is still wanted by that club and who want to take him back off of us because they can't believe, seeing how shit we are playing, that he's not getting any game time!

If anybody thinks Bakinson is better than Louie Watson, prepare to be UNDERWHELMED!
    On what basis are you saying that though? The reality is that the way Appleton sets the team up we need more of a physical presence in midfield. Whether we like it or not, that's what's required and Bakinson is a 6ft3 defensive midfielder who will hopefully provide more of what the team needs in the middle, which is for teams not to be able to run directly through us. Watson has played a grand total of 608 minutes of Championship football and 637 minutes of L1 football in his career, Bakinson has 3,196 minutes of Championship football and 2,585 minutes of L1 football. We do need a bit more experience and he's got a lot at this level and above. I have liked what I've seen of Watson but I think we're in danger of making him out to be a much more important and influential player than he is. He had some good games but he was pretty rank the last few times he played, in line with all the others, but to hear him talked about you'd think we had Leo Messi on our bench. I don't know enough about Bakinson to assume how he'll play and I'm more that ready to accept any player we sign will somehow fail for us, but a positionally aware physical presence is needed in our midfield along with a bit more experience, there's no denying that.
    The bad attitude comments
    The goes missing comments
    The inconsistent comments

Sadly he's not encouraging me 

We need influential footballers 
    People with the right attitude
    People with something to prove

Wednesday have been abject and they don't want him and are willing to let him go out on loan whilst they are in real danger of being relegated.

That concerns me

Agreed. It sounds like no lessons have been learnt to me.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:
    Bakinson is out of contract in the summer. I don’t massively rate the signing from what I’ve seen of him, but a loan where it’s a bit of a try before you buy is fine as there’s a good chance we get him permanently if he does well 
    And we all know he won't do well and he won't be better than Louie Watson who is signed to a Premier League Club, is still wanted by that club and who want to take him back off of us because they can't believe, seeing how shit we are playing, that he's not getting any game time!

If anybody thinks Bakinson is better than Louie Watson, prepare to be UNDERWHELMED!
    On what basis are you saying that though? The reality is that the way Appleton sets the team up we need more of a physical presence in midfield. Whether we like it or not, that's what's required and Bakinson is a 6ft3 defensive midfielder who will hopefully provide more of what the team needs in the middle, which is for teams not to be able to run directly through us. Watson has played a grand total of 608 minutes of Championship football and 637 minutes of L1 football in his career, Bakinson has 3,196 minutes of Championship football and 2,585 minutes of L1 football. We do need a bit more experience and he's got a lot at this level and above. I have liked what I've seen of Watson but I think we're in danger of making him out to be a much more important and influential player than he is. He had some good games but he was pretty rank the last few times he played, in line with all the others, but to hear him talked about you'd think we had Leo Messi on our bench. I don't know enough about Bakinson to assume how he'll play and I'm more that ready to accept any player we sign will somehow fail for us, but a positionally aware physical presence is needed in our midfield along with a bit more experience, there's no denying that.

Wednesday have been abject and they don't want him and are willing to let him go out on loan whilst they are in real danger of being relegated.

That concerns me

Sure, but then Watson is inconsistent and goes missing. I think if we swap a loan player who Appleton doesn't want to play for one he does then that's an improvement no matter what. The fact he's a loan means at the very least the manager has got what he wants and can then either improve or continue to fail, at which point Bakinson can be retained after doing well or waved off after failing. I'm ok with Bakinson as an immediate player in to plug the massive, massive gap we have in our midfield before we can get longer term targets in this month. We're losing Watson, McGrandles is still out, Anderson isn't ready, we're left with Fraser alongside Dobson letting teams line up 35 yarders with no pressure on the ball and we haven't won in about 10,000 years. Quick loan of a massive defensive shield so we can not be 6 points off the drop anymore and then hopefully bring in Coventry and/or another good midfielder on permanents works for me. I cannot watch our midfield be like this for even another game, it's killing me.
  • fenaddick said:
    Gone to a lower league team, not very encouraging 
  •  I don't have any mates supporting other clubs but if I did, they'd all say Bakinson is shit, can go missing, injury prone etc etc.,
    Hilarious. Simply passing on what I’ve been told.

Another loan. Wow. These new owners are really pulling out all the stops.
    Bet we don’t end up with JCH or Coventry. 
    Just the usual cheap stop gaps. 

• Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:

That concerns me

Sure, but then Watson is inconsistent and goes missing. I think if we swap a loan player who Appleton doesn't want to play for one he does then that's an improvement no matter what. The fact he's a loan means at the very least the manager has got what he wants and can then either improve or continue to fail, at which point Bakinson can be retained after doing well or waved off after failing. I'm ok with Bakinson as an immediate player in to plug the massive, massive gap we have in our midfield before we can get longer term targets in this month. We're losing Watson, McGrandles is still out, Anderson isn't ready, we're left with Fraser alongside Dobson letting teams line up 35 yarders with no pressure on the ball and we haven't won in about 10,000 years. Quick loan of a massive defensive shield so we can not be 6 points off the drop anymore and then hopefully bring in Coventry and/or another good midfielder on permanents works for me. I cannot watch our midfield be like this for even another game, it's killing me.
    I'd rather somebody better
    That's all
    It's nearly 5pm Friday
    It's not announced
    If it doesn't go through in time to play tomorrow, let's see what next week could bring

Still have a back 5 that can't keep a elean sheet and no fit senior striker.

Therein lies our REAL problems
  • As we have heard nothing yet and there was supposed to be two medicals going on, would assume no new faces tomorrow. Fingers crossed for next Saturday 
  • ross1 said:
    As we have heard nothing yet and there was supposed to be two medicals going on, would assume no new faces tomorrow. Fingers crossed for next Saturday 
    Remember club can announce whenever they want, just the deal that had to be done by a certain time 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'd assume the second is Gillesphey and not Fiorini. Would be odd if it wasn't Gillesphey given it's been on the cards all week. 
    We can always stretcher him on at Port Vale if his zimmer frame is not available.  

He would still be quicker than Hector. 
    Does him being quicker necessarily make him ‘better than’ Hector, how does that add up?
    One of the best central defenders ever to play for us was Jorge Costa…..but you couldn’t say he was particularly quick, he just used his brain and experience, plus he knew all the shortcuts.
    Incidentally, Hector has arguably been our most decent
    player for the last month or so…..according to players marks that is……..and I wouldn’t argue with that.
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Update on Gillesphey - we’re still negotiating.

would imagine we want to change either the price/the structure due to something in the medical in that case 
    Or we are lowballing them 
    Nobody knows
    Except he was at the club last weekend and we've not signed him in time to help arguably the worst defence in division 3.....
  • The heir and the spare! Vaulks is the heir, Bakinson the spare. 
    From a slightly different angle, does he become Dobson’s spare…70 min sub, some legs when tiring, option to rest when in a heavy schedule? 
  • edited January 5
    Or the negotiations could be with him/his agent over his potential wage rather than a transfer fee which we all presumed had been agreed.

The fact that their DOF says “it’s at Charlton’s end” could either mean Plymouth are waiting for another offer from us, or they’re waiting to hear if the player is going to sign with us or not.