Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Some of you would be much happier supporting Real Madrid. 
    Well obviously yeh.
    No shit 
  • Don’t see an issue with a loan that could lead to a perm, this isn’t a Nile John situation. 

Plus let’s say we’re going to sign 6 players, I’d rather we use the money for the 3 perms then use smaller amounts on the 6. Obviously jury out but no bed wetting from me yet. 
  • Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
  • Not impressed really with this, I believe permanents will happen but 2 loans to start is not a good look
    Only one loan leading to permanent deals these are win win for us 

• cfgs said:
    Aaron Henry recalled from Crawley and sent out to Wealdstone.
    At first glance I looked at this and saw Charlton Athletic FC  1m Aaron Henry 
    I nearly choked on my sandwich 
  • Sponsored links:

•    
  • Announced that late!
  • Young Man Citeh player is done as well.
  • Charlton Athletic are pleased to announce the signing of creative midfielder Lewis Fiorini on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old becomes Charlton's second signing of the day following the arrival of Tyreeq Bakinson on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.  

Fiorini, who worked under Head Coach Michael Appleton at Lincoln City and in the Championship with Blackpool, has also been capped by Scotland at U16, U17, U19 and U21 level.

“I'm buzzing to join Charlton," he said upon completion of the deal. "It is a big club and obviously having worked with the gaffer [Michael Appleton] before the move was attractive to me. 

"He gave me my first games in English football. He made me feel confident and put his trust in me, which as a player is everything you want - a manager who believes in you and trusts you."

Appleton is excited to work with Fiorini for the third time. The Head Coach commented: “Lewis is a talented player. He is one of the best that I have worked with that receives it on his back foot and wants to play forward - he’s always looking to play forward. He brings a bit more creativity in the middle of the park.

“He’s a top-class character who comes from a really fantastic, humble family. He’s a proper Manchester boy and he’s got a nasty side to him as well - he’ll put his foot in. He’s definitely up there with as a good as I’ve worked with.”

Born in Manchester, Fiorini joined City at the age of seven and progressed through the club’s youth system. He made four appearances for Man City’s U21s in the EFL Trophy in 2019/20.

His first taste of senior football came during the 2020/21 campaign, when he enjoyed a successful loan spell with Dutch outfit NAC Breda, scoring five goals and registering four assists as the side narrowly missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie.

That form saw the Premier League giants reward him with a new, five-year deal in the summer of 2021.

He would then go on to impress under Appleton at Lincoln during the 2021/22 season, netting six goals and providing four assists in 39 Sky Bet League One appearances.

Fiorini featured 13 times for Blackpool in the Sky Bet Championship last term.

The deal is subject to EFL approval.
  • Seperate thread pinned up top of board for Fiorini
  • If us signing Bakinson allows Wednedsay to sign a player on a permanent we actually wanted, it would certainly open the floodgates for myself and the other 'bed wetters' 

Perhaps the players we wanted permanently turned us down and that’s why we’ve pushed through these loans? Docherty and Coventry on permanent deals may have been our first choices.
  • Sponsored links:

To be fair Real Madrid fans seem to be the worst in existence - They hated Gareth Bale, even after he won them that Champions League
    We would never support a club heavily in debt that doesn't own it's own ground............oops 
  • Has Watson gone back to Luton do we know?
  • They're such clever fuckers, I'll give them that.

The 6 month loan does Wednesday a favour and frees space, the fact it's not permanent it doesn't really hurt the bank balance, if he does well we face competition from other clubs as there is no option to buy (unless announced later). So if he performs we won't sign him as someone else will or if he doesn't they can say he's a player with a lot of potential etc and on paper could have been good and justify it that way

They've even got him to say he came because of Appleton. At this point I am just impressed by their PR, if we had a team as good as their PR we'd go up as champions even at this stage of the season.

Why would you need an option to buy when he’s out of contract at the end of the season?
    Not that I imagine there's an agreement that exists like I've said, as it wouldn't make sense, but if he does do well and manages to play every game and put up numbers, we won't be the only club interested in him. There will be other clubs who will have their attention drawn to him.

That's why I've said on the other thread he's gone exactly against what they've said we want to do. He isn't experienced, he isn't a leader type and he's not a long term signing. Either he's pants and they've took a low risk or if he's really good, we've potentially opened ourselves up to getting a player up to scratch and then joining elsewhere in the summer. 
    Agree entirely with the second paragraph.
  • swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    None of the links so far have impressed me bar JCH who I suspect we won't shell out for and Docherty could be a coup but again I don't see it. JCH could be formidable with May and Docherty is your very box-to-box type. Would make a great partner with Dobbo assuming the captain stays. 

Coventry I really am not sure about, don't know enough/haven't watched him enough. I've seen a lot of people mention his MK Dons performance, but we are pants and I've seen loads of players do well against us and not light the pitch up in other games. Especially towards the end of Jackos tenure where we genuinely looked useless.

One signing I definitely don't like the sound of is Gillesphey which is probably the one who is a goer out of the lot. We have made the mistake too many times of taking other clubs bit part players who are struggling with injuries in particular. This screams of that. I've seen Plymouth fans annoyed when he allegedly failed the medical and saying 'more bad luck' and seen some pretty in-depth reports on him. 

Basically sounds like he has no pace (which we struggle with as is) isn't particularly strong or an aerial threat but his main strength is he can ping a ball and in a back 3 he is dependable. We don't play a back 3 and as much as I give him grief, we already have Hector who can ping a ball to all of our non-physical forwards. 

Just sounds like an on the cheap window again, especially if we can't get JCH who is proven and does what he says on the tin and we now know is realistic. 

There are quality players in this league and below, why are we going for the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs or coming back from injuries? Same old Charlton for me 
    We haven’t signed any of them yet so it means nothing, but I think all 4 look like they’d be good signings. Personally Coventry and Docherty would be the standouts so I hope we get at least 1 of them done 

There is nothing wrong with signing players from leagues above, in fact it should be encouraged surely? Better than the likes of Jaiyesimi, Payne, Egbo, Kirk, Lavelle etc that we’ve signed from Leagues 1 & 2. The best L1/L2 players cost millions nowadays, we can’t afford that. Better players for better value exist in championship squads 
    Signing from league above = castoffs or injury prone, not willing to pay the going rate for a good one

Signings from this league = just because he played well against us doesn’t mean anything, probably wants more than we’re willing to pay

Signings from league below = never going to make the step up, won’t want a big wage

These are the conclusions you can draw when you have a pre-determined outcome in your head.
    It frustrates me to see such negativity too, but I do get why the level of scepticism has never been higher. Until the day the sceptics are proved wrong, and they do want to be, I don't doubt that, then unfortunately we're in for more of the same.
    What should we do after 15 years of bullshite and decline - rejoice at shit owners, shit manager, shit squad and shit loanees?