Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• CafcSCP said:
    Is what it is! They’ll either be good or shite.
    most on here know absolutely nothing about these players! 

Shit, is what it is. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    BigDiddy said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    None of the links so far have impressed me bar JCH who I suspect we won't shell out for and Docherty could be a coup but again I don't see it. JCH could be formidable with May and Docherty is your very box-to-box type. Would make a great partner with Dobbo assuming the captain stays. 

Coventry I really am not sure about, don't know enough/haven't watched him enough. I've seen a lot of people mention his MK Dons performance, but we are pants and I've seen loads of players do well against us and not light the pitch up in other games. Especially towards the end of Jackos tenure where we genuinely looked useless.

One signing I definitely don't like the sound of is Gillesphey which is probably the one who is a goer out of the lot. We have made the mistake too many times of taking other clubs bit part players who are struggling with injuries in particular. This screams of that. I've seen Plymouth fans annoyed when he allegedly failed the medical and saying 'more bad luck' and seen some pretty in-depth reports on him. 

Basically sounds like he has no pace (which we struggle with as is) isn't particularly strong or an aerial threat but his main strength is he can ping a ball and in a back 3 he is dependable. We don't play a back 3 and as much as I give him grief, we already have Hector who can ping a ball to all of our non-physical forwards. 

Just sounds like an on the cheap window again, especially if we can't get JCH who is proven and does what he says on the tin and we now know is realistic. 

There are quality players in this league and below, why are we going for the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs or coming back from injuries? Same old Charlton for me 
    We haven’t signed any of them yet so it means nothing, but I think all 4 look like they’d be good signings. Personally Coventry and Docherty would be the standouts so I hope we get at least 1 of them done 

There is nothing wrong with signing players from leagues above, in fact it should be encouraged surely? Better than the likes of Jaiyesimi, Payne, Egbo, Kirk, Lavelle etc that we’ve signed from Leagues 1 & 2. The best L1/L2 players cost millions nowadays, we can’t afford that. Better players for better value exist in championship squads 
    Signing from league above = castoffs or injury prone, not willing to pay the going rate for a good one

Signings from this league = just because he played well against us doesn’t mean anything, probably wants more than we’re willing to pay

Signings from league below = never going to make the step up, won’t want a big wage

These are the conclusions you can draw when you have a pre-determined outcome in your head.
    It frustrates me to see such negativity too, but I do get why the level of scepticism has never been higher. Until the day the sceptics are proved wrong, and they do want to be, I don't doubt that, then unfortunately we're in for more of the same.
    What should we do after 15 years of bullshite and decline - rejoice at shit owners, shit manager, shit squad and shit loanees?

Acclimatise your expectations to our current level.

We are a league 1 side with a championship stadium and a fan base with wildly high expectations.

The club will flirt with the dream of returning to the promised land every few years after a rare promotion, but realistically it is out of reach and we will be relegated again after a brief stay in the championship

This cycle will continue until we get unrealistic owners that match the unrealistic expectations. 

I’ve lost any expectations about our club years ago!
  • sam3110 said:
    Because this is the only signings we'll make this window right? 

Fucking hell there's so much bed wetting on here no wonder there's floods across the country 
    Certainly getting our business done early
    Whelmed.... 
  • edited January 5
    2 down, 8 more signings to go!!!
  • edited January 5
    MrBurns said:
    I don't believe for a second that we will go back in for JCH. Similar to Nombe in the summer they put in bids way below the clubs valuation then tell us they couldn't get it done. I do believe this squad will take years to get sorted but we need 2 or 3 quality players each window (not loans unless a permanent move is agreed)
    Just to tread water.

I don't understand it, now we have all the billionaires owning us I heard exciting times were ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking like the same kind of transfer window as last shite.
  • Melrose said:
    Somethings not right. The other possible addition (Plymouth defender) also has had recent injuries. Unless the start honouring their pledges I really think fans should be very wary of these owners motives
    We’re gonna spend big….two loans

• I pray the last few pages look really silly in hindsight.
    So do I 
    So do bloody I
    I can't wait to be proven wrong by our senior management and inspirational manager
    Truly I do!
  • If CBT & Dobson are to leave (to be clear I want them to sign new deals). I think i'd rather offload them both now to help give a clearer picture of what is needed now & for next season.
    I think if they both leave now we could go down.
    First we got no chance of going down second Dobson will stay he not interested in leaving as his dad confirmed CBT not bothered ( turning out to be biggest overrated player we ever seen ) we can do much  better like CJ Hamilton ..

What fucking planet are you on? We've every chance of going down as it stands, we're just 6 points above the zone. We have no god given right to avoid it...we need players in the door ASAP, or trouble will be heading our way!
    CBT, you've never liked him, God knows why, he scores goals, is quick and provides assists, yes he needs to do more, but biggest overrated player we've ever seen is just wrong. I can think of loads more in my 63 yrs of supporting this club!

Calm down Red, have you forgetting who you're replying to ? The wum who posted on the "other site" how he enjoys coming on here to wind people up.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Looks like the two today are Fiorini and Bakinson, both could become permanent.

If they impress .......FFS 
    I mean you want them to sign a 3 year deal if they don't impress?!
    I'd like us to sign players who we had scouted & had been so impressed by that we thought yes they will definitely improve our team instead of taking a chance on a couple of guys who haven't stood out for their own clubs. Yes great Bakinson could be good because he's tall FFS  
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of you would be much happier supporting Real Madrid. 
    Absolutely 

if I lived in Madrid
  • cabbles said:
    sam3110 said:
    Charlton Athletic are pleased to announce the signing of creative midfielder Lewis Fiorini on loan from Manchester City until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old becomes Charlton's second signing of the day following the arrival of Tyreeq Bakinson on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.  

Fiorini, who worked under Head Coach Michael Appleton at Lincoln City and in the Championship with Blackpool, has also been capped by Scotland at U16, U17, U19 and U21 level.

“I'm buzzing to join Charlton," he said upon completion of the deal. "It is a big club and obviously having worked with the gaffer [Michael Appleton] before the move was attractive to me. 

"He gave me my first games in English football. He made me feel confident and put his trust in me, which as a player is everything you want - a manager who believes in you and trusts you."

Appleton is excited to work with Fiorini for the third time. The Head Coach commented: “Lewis is a talented player. He is one of the best that I have worked with that receives it on his back foot and wants to play forward - he’s always looking to play forward. He brings a bit more creativity in the middle of the park.

“He’s a top-class character who comes from a really fantastic, humble family. He’s a proper Manchester boy and he’s got a nasty side to him as well - he’ll put his foot in. He’s definitely up there with as a good as I’ve worked with.”

Born in Manchester, Fiorini joined City at the age of seven and progressed through the club’s youth system. He made four appearances for Man City’s U21s in the EFL Trophy in 2019/20.

His first taste of senior football came during the 2020/21 campaign, when he enjoyed a successful loan spell with Dutch outfit NAC Breda, scoring five goals and registering four assists as the side narrowly missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie.

That form saw the Premier League giants reward him with a new, five-year deal in the summer of 2021.

He would then go on to impress under Appleton at Lincoln during the 2021/22 season, netting six goals and providing four assists in 39 Sky Bet League One appearances.

Fiorini featured 13 times for Blackpool in the Sky Bet Championship last term.

The deal is subject to EFL approval.
    Why don’t we just stick a bid in for some of the cast of Coronation Street on this basis. Let’s get Steve and Andy MacDonald in at wing backs 
    Ena Sharples would add a bit of experience
  • The surprising aspect for me is two centre mids who are not match fit isn’t what I would have had done as our priority. 
    They have to meet their team mates first McGrandles, Taylor, Leaburn & Aneke
  • edited January 6
    Optimistically the best players want to see intent before signing so we get the easier ones in first and as we build a squad the JCH's; the Docherty's and the Humphrys decide to join...
  • Melrose said:
    sam3110 said:
    Because this is the only signings we'll make this window right? 

Fucking hell there's so much bed wetting on here no wonder there's floods across the country 
    It's not bed wetting. It's concern that we keep signing injured and unfit players when we're 6 points off the relegation zone. We all hope that signings will be of good quality, but more importantly fit to play straight away. It seems to Me the fuckers dangle the carrot and then sign a load of crocks
    If a player is match fit then doesn’t it follow that he’s been playing lots of matches?
    And if he’s been playing lots of matches, then he’s probably a club’s first choice, so why would they want to sell him? This especially applies if we’re signing a player from the Championship. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Nothing screams longevity more than 2 loan signings 🤣
    Loan signings with view to permanent move .. completely diff from a loan of a young player or someone needing to get fit …. excellent signings for the club and big move to improving us as a team and allow MA to play 352 
    More bollocks! One hasn't played all season the other can't get in a team that's threatened with relegation!
    Nowhere does it say they are signings with a view to permanent, in fact I'm sure I read that Florin (sp) signed a 5 Yr contract in 2021  hence he's under contract until 2026! 
    Please stop making shit up....you know fuck all about anything! Stop pretending or provide proof! You're really winding me up tonight! Give it a fucking rest!
    The geezer is a f****** clown. 

He's obviously a wum as he does not respond to posts.
  • Bailey said:
    ozaddick said:
    We've just signed 2 players, one that has only completed 90 mins once, and the other hasn't played this season at all. What the actual feck are these owners playing at??? These are not signings that will improve our squad. Charlie Kirk has played more minutes than these 2. 
    I honestly believe that we are yet to hit rock bottom, and, considering how far we have fallen, I fear for the future of the club.  I'm bloody gob smacked right now.   
    Actually agree with this post, it seems like lessons haven't been learn't after the signings of Taylor and Camara. Both Camara and Taylor had limited minutes of football in the previous six months and were obviously a risk, Appleton needs to give the two new signings some game time in the reserves before blooding them in the first team. 
    Absolute nonsense.

We're in a lot of trouble and players coming in need to hit the ground running immediately.
  • If CBT & Dobson are to leave (to be clear I want them to sign new deals). I think i'd rather offload them both now to help give a clearer picture of what is needed now & for next season.
    I think if they both leave now we could go down.
    First we got no chance of going down second Dobson will stay he not interested in leaving as his dad confirmed CBT not bothered ( turning out to be biggest overrated player we ever seen ) we can do much  better like CJ Hamilton ..

What fucking planet are you on? We've every chance of going down as it stands, we're just 6 points above the zone. We have no god given right to avoid it...we need players in the door ASAP, or trouble will be heading our way!
    CBT, you've never liked him, God knows why, he scores goals, is quick and provides assists, yes he needs to do more, but biggest overrated player we've ever seen is just wrong. I can think of loads more in my 63 yrs of supporting this club!

Calm down Red, have you forgetting who you're replying to ? The wum who posted on the "other site" how he enjoys coming on here to wind people up.
    Yet still does not get banned.

Bring back Nathan Prior.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Looks like the two today are Fiorini and Bakinson, both could become permanent.

If they impress .......FFS 
    I mean you want them to sign a 3 year deal if they don't impress?!
    I'd like us to sign players who we had scouted & had been so impressed by that we thought yes they will definitely improve our team instead of taking a chance on a couple of guys who haven't stood out for their own clubs. Yes great Bakinson could be good because he's tall FFS  
    I remember a time when Curbs would be watching games (live) 2 or 3 times a week. I believe the players he was watching had already been checked out by one of our scouts. And this wasn't just the Prem years, it happened in the seasons leading up to it. 

Such a far cry from today.