Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Reams saying we've had a bid accepted for JCH £500,000
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Reams saying we've had a bid accepted for JCH £500,000
    If so that would explain the online meeting called for this Wednesday 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Credibility comes at a price. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    And so has another unnamed club
  • Also saying another club has matched our offer which I suspect will be the fly in the ointment 
  • to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    I can tell you right now that Bakinson would walk into our side at present.
  • As a general observation, why does not slagging off signings seem to equate to some as rejoicing about them on CL? If I say I'll reserve judgement on a signing until I see them play, that doesn't mean my view is the polar opposite of someone posting to express reservations, and therefore to be reacted to as if I were giving them high praise, which I'm not. 
  • I can understand the Bakinson signing, in that he knows the division, and has played enough this season to be reasonably match fit - he's come off the bench in the last 3 Wednesday games, so shouldn't be too far off full match fitness.

Fiorini is more weird, as he hasn't played a minute this season, and it's not as if we have EFL Trophy type games to get him fit either. 
    Good point about TB ("Sheets" isn't his nickname) having played from the bench so being reasonably match fit.

Fiorini has a decent reputation and isn't, as far as we know, injured. Has he played under U21 games for City this season?

Good to see that the Tedic fiasco hasn't burnt our relationship with Man City and they are still willing to loan us players. I wonder how much of that is Scott and how much is Appleton's much touted reputation for developing youngsters at other clubs?  At least that is what we we told when he joined.

For all the data analysis and scientific recruitment good old "it's who you know" still seems to play a big part.

So two in, early - ish but loans.

We do seem overloaded in numbers in midfield if and when Taylor, Camara and SuperMac return to fitness and we're linked with Docherty and Coventry too although they may have been either/or with the two signings today.

And we don't know what will happen with Dobson yet.  Easy for his dad to placate a questioning fan with the answer he wants to hear IE "yes, he's signing a new deal", another thing entirely for the deal to be done.

The optimists will see potential in the two additions, the pessimists their flaws, the pragmatists will wait and see and the troll will be forever Colin/Bexley Boy/RonnieMoore.

Also, both these came not entirely out of the blue but we're leaked and done in 24 hours (correct me if I'm wrong but was either name mentioned before Friday morning?) so cards being played close to the chest.
     Where the chaff is concerned yes. But they are shouting from the rooftops that they are in for JCH and the like.
    Everyone else can see what's going on here right?
  • sam3110 said:
    They haven't announced either way if they're eligible for today, but given both have pictures of them at Sparrows Lane in the daylight yesterday, and in the weight room with CBT with Bakinson, I'd imagine they were registered in time and they just took ages getting the articles out
    The cafc website said that the Fiorini deal was still waiting EFL approval when they announced that signing late last night….so I’d be very suprised if he plays today.
  • I can understand the Bakinson signing, in that he knows the division, and has played enough this season to be reasonably match fit - he's come off the bench in the last 3 Wednesday games, so shouldn't be too far off full match fitness.

Fiorini is more weird, as he hasn't played a minute this season, and it's not as if we have EFL Trophy type games to get him fit either. 
    Good point about TB ("Sheets" isn't his nickname) having played from the bench so being reasonably match fit.

Fiorini has a decent reputation and isn't, as far as we know, injured. Has he played under U21 games for City this season?

Good to see that the Tedic fiasco hasn't burnt our relationship with Man City and they are still willing to loan us players. I wonder how much of that is Scott and how much is Appleton's much touted reputation for developing youngsters at other clubs?  At least that is what we we told when he joined.

For all the data analysis and scientific recruitment good old "it's who you know" still seems to play a big part.

So two in, early - ish but loans.

We do seem overloaded in numbers in midfield if and when Taylor, Camara and SuperMac return to fitness and we're linked with Docherty and Coventry too although they may have been either/or with the two signings today.

And we don't know what will happen with Dobson yet.  Easy for his dad to placate a questioning fan with the answer he wants to hear IE "yes, he's signing a new deal", another thing entirely for the deal to be done.

The optimists will see potential in the two additions, the pessimists their flaws, the pragmatists will wait and see and the troll will be forever Colin/Bexley Boy/RonnieMoore.

Also, both these came not entirely out of the blue but we're leaked and done in 24 hours (correct me if I'm wrong but was either name mentioned before Friday morning?) so cards being played close to the chest.
     Where the chaff is concerned yes. But they are shouting from the rooftops that they are in for JCH and the like.
    Everyone else can see what's going on here right?
    Are they? Cawley said specifically around that, that not all his information comes from the Charlton side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

I don't think it's the actual signings per se and I'll certainly give them a chance but I think it's more the fact that Andy Scott said they were focussing on permanent signings, players with experience and players that had been playing recently. The first two signings are the polar opposite of that, especially Fiorini, so surely you can understand why many of us are sceptical.
    Things change. Coventry for example, may have turned us down, or West ham moved the goal posts and we acted quickly to get in another target before they moved elsewhere.  Part of the issue is that people expect every conversation, every target, hourly updates from the club.

Backinson has already been written off on the Backinson thread.  Is that fair?  Should that be happening?

Backinson isnt match fit - he got minutes 5 days ago
    Backinson is shit - see stats above.

People playing on Scotts every word is one thing, but slatting a player that most wouldnt recognise if ha came up to them and introduced himself is very silly in my view.
    It's not really the individual player. It's the logic behind the recruitment process. People are getting mightily tired of this, and imo, rightly so. Unfortunately the frustrations are being taken out on the plater/s
    If Backinson was our no 1 target, then I get the criticism towards Scott 

if we have missed out on a player such as Coventry and moved quickly to get a reasonable body in, then well done scott. There is still time to add to the squad and not panic loan players late in the window like the two from the summer that have already gone back to their parent clubs.

the problem is, very few people are aware of what goes on in the offices at the training ground and then jump to conclusions. With yesterday's conclusion being that we have loan signings, they must be shit.
  • Most, if not all, of the JCH chatter has come from Peterboro themselves 
  • LTodds_right_hook said:
    Melrose said:
    Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

I don't think it's the actual signings per se and I'll certainly give them a chance but I think it's more the fact that Andy Scott said they were focussing on permanent signings, players with experience and players that had been playing recently. The first two signings are the polar opposite of that, especially Fiorini, so surely you can understand why many of us are sceptical.
    Things change. Coventry for example, may have turned us down, or West ham moved the goal posts and we acted quickly to get in another target before they moved elsewhere.  Part of the issue is that people expect every conversation, every target, hourly updates from the club.

Backinson has already been written off on the Backinson thread.  Is that fair?  Should that be happening?

Backinson isnt match fit - he got minutes 5 days ago
    Backinson is shit - see stats above.

People playing on Scotts every word is one thing, but slatting a player that most wouldnt recognise if ha came up to them and introduced himself is very silly in my view.
    It's not really the individual player. It's the logic behind the recruitment process. People are getting mightily tired of this, and imo, rightly so. Unfortunately the frustrations are being taken out on the plater/s
    If Backinson was our no 1 target, then I get the criticism towards Scott 

if we have missed out on a player such as Coventry and moved quickly to get a reasonable body in, then well done scott. There is still time to add to the squad and not panic loan players late in the window like the two from the summer that have already gone back to their parent clubs.

the problem is, very few people are aware of what goes on in the offices at the training ground and then jump to conclusions. With yesterday's conclusion being that we have loan signings, they must be shit.
    I haven't seen many people moaning about the quality. It's about these signings not meeting the criteria that was set out by Scott & Appleton themselves. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    He said us signing Bakinson was rubbish yesterday morning.
    Quite right. It was in the afternoon.
  • edited January 6
    sam3110 said:
    Most, if not all, of the JCH chatter has come from Peterboro themselves 
    Yes it's on their fans forum up here. They are saying we bid 450k but posh wanted more.
  • After reading all the comments on here, I gather we got in early to get two experienced midfielders that will not be fit before the end of the window, is that right?
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    The guy is an attention seeker. Would take everything he says with a large pinch of salt. 
  • They are both okay signings if they end up being the easy cheap business of the window that is followed by more serious recruitment like JCH in the weeks to come.

Depressing to still see some fans being attacked and shouted down for now celebrating every new signing through the door despite the now years of poor recruitment.

Convinced some fans if a club employee spat in their burger they would thank them for saving the time putting in their own choice of condiment.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    The guy is an attention seeker. Would take everything he says with a large pinch of salt. 
    We shall see. He's right sometimes

• Clarke-Harris not playing today for Peterborough either...
  • I guess it's the expectations that disappoint me.

As I previously posted both Coventry and Docherty would have excited me as would the Leeds duo Bate and Poveda. I don't feel this about either of these signings. I wonder whether Man City only allowed the Tedic recall because we were happy to take another of their fringe players.

I also wonder about Camara. He is another who has six months left of a contract. Maybe if he gets fit he will be another auditioning for a contract next season as well.
  • PWR

For those not impressed with our first signings of Day 5 of the transfer window, who would you have expected to be first through the door?

Bearing in mind
    our current position,
    player’s availability
    wish to join us over everyone else
    agents vying for better deals for player and themselves
    clubs willing to allow players to leave at this early stage in the window
    until said clubs have found replacements 
    some negotiations are more complex than others
    some assuming these will be the only signings
    and I’m sure a whole host of other things that come into the equation

• edited January 6
    Richard J said:
    I guess it's the expectations that disappoint me.

As I previously posted both Coventry and Docherty would have excited me as would the Leeds duo Bate and Poveda. I don't feel this about either of these signings. I wonder whether Man City only allowed the Tedic recall because we were happy to take another of their fringe players.

I also wonder about Camara. He is another who has six months left of a contract. Maybe if he gets fit he will be another auditioning for a contract next season as well.

Maybe but with his recent injuries I would not touch him with a barge pole. Next season our owners will be demanding promotion I reckon.  We won't be able to afford to carry a load of injury risk players so the likes of him, Aneke and McGrandles should be moved on if possible.