Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    Carlisle have made a signing that will improve them and would walk into our side presently is a correct statement. But, I'm guessing that he has been signed with league 2 in mind rather than being their league 1 saviour, if he is, then that's a result for them.  we are still in week one of January. Let's see if he will still walk into our team in the first week of February.

Anderson is dog sh**e at the moment, I'm expecting pelters for that comment because he is an academy player but it's true. In the last two matches, what positive impact has he had?

fraser, well!!! There is an entire thread on him and it doesn't praise him.

i would say Backinson is a definite upgrade on Anderson and improves us.

fiorini v Fraser. Time will tell.

i think our signings strengthen us as much as carlisles strengthen them. The only difference is whinging fans being judge, jury and executioner when most don't even know the new players squad number, let alone having seen them play.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Both are Loan with Perm options... Jeez get over yourselves. Still X days left of the window. At least give it until 3pm tomorrow to whinge.
    Love your optimism, but it's not like we've not said exactly that for the previous 20 windows.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

You can hazard a guess based on

Recent amount of games played
    Recent injuries
    Our recent transfer record

Exactly, guess!!!!! they haven't put the shirt on yet. Cut them some slack 

are you including may, jones and cbt in our recent transfer history?
    CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen
    And out of 30 odd signings not a great %
    Currently NONE of our recent loans are 

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

which loan player has started the last 4 or 5 games, scoring twice?

im guessing you haven't included that fact because it doesn't fit into your agenda that all loans are shit?

my personal view is that I would prefer permanent signings over loans. However, we need to stop this downward slide, we need to stop rolling over and not having fight. If a loan helps achieve that over playing a youngster (Anderson) who is so out of his depth, then I'm content. 
    My bad
    You are right
    But the loans we've signed won't be starting games soon 
    They're coming back from injury or not match fit
    I'll be surptised neigh shocked of either makes the squad today, let alone starts

Campbell has come back in from the wilderness I agree

However.  These two weren't the most urgent signings.  Who plays up front today?

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick
    And our back 5 can't keep a clean sheet

I'm worried 
    Surely you're worried that we have no leadership and that two loans does nothing to support our young, inexperienced players?
    Bakinson came off the bench for Wednesday on NYD so can’t be that far off starting for us at all. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

im guessing you haven't included that fact because it doesn't fit into your agenda that all loans are shit?

my personal view is that I would prefer permanent signings over loans. However, we need to stop this downward slide, we need to stop rolling over and not having fight. If a loan helps achieve that over playing a youngster (Anderson) who is so out of his depth, then I'm content. 
    My bad
    You are right
    I'll be surptised neigh shocked of either makes the squad today, let alone starts

However.  These two weren't the most urgent signings.  Who plays up front today?

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick

I'm worried 
    Surely you're worried that we have no leadership and that two loans does nothing to support our young, inexperienced players?
    As I said, I'm content at the two coming in

its still week one of January, I'm not worried yet.

i agree with the forward line, it's very weak at the moment. I appreciate that tedic was poor but I would have kept him until Monday to protect our youth. Surely sending him back means an incoming is close! Otherwise it could be another poor off pitch decision.

of signed in time, I would expect Backinson to start. 60 mins of him must be better that 90 of Anderson.

the Man City loan is the baffling one. On paper, he is an upgrade on Fraser but the lack of minutes is a worry. I'm going to contradict myself here. I have very little faith in the manager. But, he knows the player and must think he can get up to speed quickly, otherwise what is the point. Having worked with the player before, I trust the manager that I have little trust in 😬
  • edited January 6
    Anyway, Terry Taylor will be like a new signing when he returns.

(Not sure how long I can get away with this joke)
    Not very long 😉
  • edited January 6
    NabySarr said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

My bad
    You are right

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick

I'm worried 
    The back 5 not being able to keep a clean sheet has more to do with the midfield than it does the defence. We’ve been playing with Fraser, Chem Campbell or Karoy Anderson as 2 of our midfielders 

Bakinson will improve us defensively and is addressing our urgent need for someone who can play next to Dobson and can actually defend 
    Except he's not match fit

• JamesSeed said:
    Anyway, Terry Taylor will be like a new signing when he returns.

Not very long 😉
    77 lols and counting for it.

Hoping to bring up my century and turn it into a daddy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 6
    JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

My bad
    You are right

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick

I'm worried 
    Bakinson came off the bench for Wednesday on NYD so can’t be that far off starting for us at all. 
    I actually think both Bakinson & Fiorini will start games asap (probably didn't get registered in time for today) but the problem is how long will they last before having to be subbed. I doubt very much if the pair of them will play 90 mins of the  games we have this month. 

And there is the problem. They very well might be the best thing since sliced bread but if they can only manage 60 mins then we are doing ourselves no favours. My hunch is that Appleton will be forced to play them for longer than they should and one, if not both, will pull up with a muscle injury & will then miss a number of games. Just like

Taylor 
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Camara
    Leaburn
  • Anyway, Terry Taylor will be like a new signing when he returns.

Keep it going. I don't think anyone has noticed
  • In Scott & Methven we trust
  • JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

My bad
    You are right

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick

I'm worried 
    I actually think both Bakinson & Fiorini will start games asap (probably didn't get registered in time for today) but the problem is how long will they last before having to be subbed. I doubt very much if the pair of them will play 90 mins of the  games we have this month. 

And there is the problem. They very well might be the best thing since sliced bread but if they can only manage 60 mins then we are doing ourselves no favours. My hunch is that Appleton will be forced to play them for longer than they should and one, if not both, will pull up with a muscle injury & will then miss a number of games. Just like

Taylor 
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Camara
    Leaburn
    I think that is the concern of most on here Golfie. We all remember the club parading Taylor and Camara as a step up in our recruitment and it was clear that both could not complete sixty mins when they were selected and were at risk of injury because of their lack of overall fitness. The midfield is not good enough and we know that the forward line is in a worse state than that because of injuries and lack of investment, as you point out not only do you need these signings but back up on the bench. Another midfield player for me please and at least two forwards. 
  • edited January 6
    We need another LB who can defend and move Edun into midfield if need be. He’s better going forwards and will do less damage defensively.

edit; Edun was a midfielder before Apples converted him to full/wing back at Lincoln so it won’t be unnatural to him but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll happen
  • Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I don't think it's the actual signings per se and I'll certainly give them a chance but I think it's more the fact that Andy Scott said they were focussing on permanent signings, players with experience and players that had been playing recently. The first two signings are the polar opposite of that, especially Fiorini, so surely you can understand why many of us are sceptical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bakinson is 25 by the way people, how on Earth that's considered a "youngster" is beyond me, he made his debut in 2016
  • sam3110 said:
    Bakinson is 25 by the way people, how on Earth that's considered a "youngster" is beyond me, he made his debut in 2016
    people see loan and automatically think youngster, he should bring a bit of experience/noise we’ve been lacking 
  • They haven't announced either way if they're eligible for today, but given both have pictures of them at Sparrows Lane in the daylight yesterday, and in the weight room with CBT with Bakinson, I'd imagine they were registered in time and they just took ages getting the articles out
  • sam3110 said:
    They haven't announced either way if they're eligible for today, but given both have pictures of them at Sparrows Lane in the daylight yesterday, and in the weight room with CBT with Bakinson, I'd imagine they were registered in time and they just took ages getting the articles out
    That was my initial thought and I think it’s Noon the day before a match they have to be registered 🤞.
  • RedChaser said:
    We need another LB who can defend and move Edun into midfield if need be. He’s better going forwards and will do less damage defensively.

edit; Edun was a midfielder before Apples converted him to full/wing back at Lincoln so it won’t be unnatural to him but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll happen
    Well I never, Applelton the old tinkerer turning him into a full/wing back
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I don't think it's the actual signings per se and I'll certainly give them a chance but I think it's more the fact that Andy Scott said they were focussing on permanent signings, players with experience and players that had been playing recently. The first two signings are the polar opposite of that, especially Fiorini, so surely you can understand why many of us are sceptical.
    There has also been a Cawley reported “acceleration “ of our transfer strategy based upon our recent slump. Yes the intention might well have been to focus on permanent deals but as we know they generally take longer and are more complicated than loans to get done. We’re in desperate need of reinforcements and at this point I think two quickly concluded loans are not the bad thing or betrayal being portrayed by some. 
    Yet again, no use unless they are ready to play!
  • Apologies to all for my two posts yesterday where I allowed @RonnieMoore to wind me up, and the language I used. I'm a bit under pressure as my treatment is coming to an end next week and I'm 'stressed' about the outcome.
    However, that's no excuse, but I'm not apologising to him, I'm just going to ignore anything he now posts.
    In my opinion though we need an experienced striker through the door, and these two loan signings do not fill me with confidence. We are just 6 points above the relegation zone and have a very poor squad overall. 
    Absolutely no need to apologise Red, he's not a serious poster. I just laugh at the crap he posts, he's only here as a wum.

Exactly you have more important things to worry about than that dick.
    Good luck mate
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Things change. Coventry for example, may have turned us down, or West ham moved the goal posts and we acted quickly to get in another target before they moved elsewhere.  Part of the issue is that people expect every conversation, every target, hourly updates from the club.

Backinson has already been written off on the Backinson thread.  Is that fair?  Should that be happening?

Backinson isnt match fit - he got minutes 5 days ago
    Backinson is shit - see stats above.

People playing on Scotts every word is one thing, but slatting a player that most wouldnt recognise if ha came up to them and introduced himself is very silly in my view.
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Things change. Coventry for example, may have turned us down, or West ham moved the goal posts and we acted quickly to get in another target before they moved elsewhere.  Part of the issue is that people expect every conversation, every target, hourly updates from the club.

Backinson has already been written off on the Backinson thread.  Is that fair?  Should that be happening?

Backinson isnt match fit - he got minutes 5 days ago
    Backinson is shit - see stats above.

People playing on Scotts every word is one thing, but slatting a player that most wouldnt recognise if ha came up to them and introduced himself is very silly in my view.
    It's not really the individual player. It's the logic behind the recruitment process. People are getting mightily tired of this, and imo, rightly so. Unfortunately the frustrations are being taken out on the plater/s