Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

You can hazard a guess based on

Recent amount of games played
    Recent injuries
    Our recent transfer record

• supaclive said:
    Backinson 50 + championship games
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

I'm shocked and surprised 😂😂😂😂 that the Charlton life family have their pitch forks out and have judged these players before they have even kicked a ball for the club.

i do not have a clue if either player is any good or is complete shit. Either way, I'm not going to make judgement on them until I've seen them play. 

Recent injuries

Exactly, guess!!!!! they haven't put the shirt on yet. Cut them some slack 

are you including may, jones and cbt in our recent transfer history?
  • to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    The problem is all the sound bites and spin. That we need experience and permanent signings not loans. Then we sign two relative youngsters on loan, add that to the fact we have one fully fit striker, who shouldn't be in the first team yet and on top of the fact their signings so far have been, on the majority, abject I get the anger.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Cob 5h Jan

Confirmed EFL signings = 26
    Confirmed L1 signings = 10
    Charlton signings = 2

:-) 
    Charlton = 4.2% of L1 clubs, made 20% of L1 signings 💪 showing our muscle in the window
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I don't mind 2 loan signings initially IF they are backed up with a few permanent signings that follow. Giving the midfield a refresh has been needed , although personally I would have preferred to have another senior striker in the building for today if May is 50/50. It's a lot to ask for Kanu to lead the line with only Casey/Mbick as bench options and I hope it's resolved next week , whether that's JCH and we manage to sort a fee with Peterborough or we have to look elsewhere of course remains to be seen. 
    Inevitable that it will be May & Kanu for the next two weeks. I can’t see Peterborough allowing JCH to make his debut against them on 13th Jan (if we do even sign him).
  • Apologies to all for my two posts yesterday where I allowed @RonnieMoore to wind me up, and the language I used. I'm a bit under pressure as my treatment is coming to an end next week and I'm 'stressed' about the outcome.
    However, that's no excuse, but I'm not apologising to him, I'm just going to ignore anything he now posts.
    In my opinion though we need an experienced striker through the door, and these two loan signings do not fill me with confidence. We are just 6 points above the relegation zone and have a very poor squad overall. 
    Once you get to the point of realising he is a complete loon, his posts no longer anger you.  I no longer even laugh at his oddity, I see his name and ignore his post. The real culprits are those that like his posts and encourage him.

Although they could be his other accounts...
  • edited January 6
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen
    And out of 30 odd signings not a great %
    Currently NONE of our recent loans are playing
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I don't mind 2 loan signings initially IF they are backed up with a few permanent signings that follow. Giving the midfield a refresh has been needed , although personally I would have preferred to have another senior striker in the building for today if May is 50/50. It's a lot to ask for Kanu to lead the line with only Casey/Mbick as bench options and I hope it's resolved next week , whether that's JCH and we manage to sort a fee with Peterborough or we have to look elsewhere of course remains to be seen. 
    Inevitable that it will be May & Kanu for the next two weeks. I can’t see Peterborough allowing JCH to make his debut against them on 13th Jan (if we do even sign him).

Yeah I personally have my doubts that we even ultimately sign JCH, but that's because I inherently don't trust Mcanthony and the Peterborough hierarchy not to play games in the press. Just having May and Kanu for the next 2 weeks would be quite disappointing and I'd start to fear we'd end up with another Tedic type signing at the back end of the window because we can't land our main target. 

• Despite the howls of derision about the club's moves on the transfer front, they certainly cannot be accused of dragging their feet this time round. I've cannot recall so much activity so early in a January transfer window. Usually everything takes place at the eleventh hour on the final day. So I'm heartened to see this. More to come, I assume.
  • Here’s my fan scouting done for the week:

Jacob Farrell, LB/LCB, Central Coast Mariners, age 21

One of the brightest young talents in Australian football currently. He spoke to the press only a few days ago saying he had aspirations of playing overseas so isn’t against making a move to Europe either. 

Having an Aussie already in the camp could be an advantage for us. Linked with Viking FC in the Norwegian press, they think he’d cost £300-400k in transfer fee.
  • I can understand the Bakinson signing, in that he knows the division, and has played enough this season to be reasonably match fit - he's come off the bench in the last 3 Wednesday games, so shouldn't be too far off full match fitness.

Fiorini is more weird, as he hasn't played a minute this season, and it's not as if we have EFL Trophy type games to get him fit either. 
    Good point about TB ("Sheets" isn't his nickname) having played from the bench so being reasonably match fit.

Fiorini has a decent reputation and isn't, as far as we know, injured. Has he played under U21 games for City this season?

Good to see that the Tedic fiasco hasn't burnt our relationship with Man City and they are still willing to loan us players. I wonder how much of that is Scott and how much is Appleton's much touted reputation for developing youngsters at other clubs?  At least that is what we we told when he joined.

For all the data analysis and scientific recruitment good old "it's who you know" still seems to play a big part.

So two in, early - ish but loans.

We do seem overloaded in numbers in midfield if and when Taylor, Camara and SuperMac return to fitness and we're linked with Docherty and Coventry too although they may have been either/or with the two signings today.

And we don't know what will happen with Dobson yet.  Easy for his dad to placate a questioning fan with the answer he wants to hear IE "yes, he's signing a new deal", another thing entirely for the deal to be done.

The optimists will see potential in the two additions, the pessimists their flaws, the pragmatists will wait and see and the troll will be forever Colin/Bexley Boy/RonnieMoore.

Also, both these came not entirely out of the blue but we're leaked and done in 24 hours (correct me if I'm wrong but was either name mentioned before Friday morning?) so cards being played close to the chest.

Had a check last night and Fiorini hasn't featured for City's U21s all season , I'm guessing because of injury recovery. I agree that with everyone fit it's a very deep midfield group in terms of numbers but I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a couple of exits bar Watson. Just hope Bakinson and Fiorini can immediately contribute whilst the others are working their way back to fitness. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 6
    Despite the howls of derision about the club's moves on the transfer front, they certainly cannot be accused of dragging their feet this time round. I've cannot recall so much activity so early in a January transfer window. Usually everything takes place at the eleventh hour on the final day. So I'm heartened to see this. More to come, I assume.
    No different to 3 years ago when the club brought in 2 players by the 5th January

Ronnie Schwartz and
    Liam Millar

Stockley, Jaiyesimi and Matt Smith (Arsenal) were to follow by the end of the window
  • cfgs said:
    to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    The problem is all the sound bites and spin. That we need experience and permanent signings not loans. Then we sign two relative youngsters on loan, add that to the fact we have one fully fit striker, who shouldn't be in the first team yet and on top of the fact their signings so far have been, on the majority, abject I get the anger.  
    Who cares if they are loans or perms. Short term we need points on the board and we aren't going to get many with Anderson and Kanu starting and players like Casey, mbrick and rhyla on the bench.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Melrose said:
    sam3110 said:
    Because this is the only signings we'll make this window right? 

Fucking hell there's so much bed wetting on here no wonder there's floods across the country 
    It's not bed wetting. It's concern that we keep signing injured and unfit players when we're 6 points off the relegation zone. We all hope that signings will be of good quality, but more importantly fit to play straight away. It seems to Me the fuckers dangle the carrot and then sign a load of crocks
    If a player is match fit then doesn’t it follow that he’s been playing lots of matches?
    And if he’s been playing lots of matches, then he’s probably a club’s first choice, so why would they want to sell him? This especially applies if we’re signing a player from the Championship. 
    Well, that's the thing. If you want to improve the squad you need to bring in better players. That generally takes money. 

Also, it helps in you bring them in during the summer so you might not have to pay clubs big money if you get them on a free. 

Sometimes I wonder if I talk to myself on here.
    That’s doesn’t address my point though, and we’re not talking about the summer, we’re in January right now. 
    I was addressing the issue of signing players that are currently not first team regular starters, like the two we signed yesterday.
    if you think quality players who are playing regularly in the Championship are desperate to join a club like Charlton, who are stuck in L1 for at least the next season and a half, then I have a bridge I’d like to sell you. 
    And even if you found a player willing to do that, how many clubs in the Championship are so desperate for a few quid that they’ll sell first choice players? Probably none. 
    Obviously you’re correct when you say dealings are best done in the summer, that’s blindingly obvious, Alfie’s signing being a good example. 
  • cfgs said:
    to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

I am glad you responded with a comment which on the face of it has nothing to do with what I what point I was making - but also has everything to do with what I point I was making. 

I get the anger, and mistrust. I have mentioned I don’t trust them to get this transfer window right based on the evidence of the previous two windows. However, that anger and mistrust, is leading to so many uninformed and unthought out comments at the moment.

First and foremost making the assumption that Carlisle owners are ones that do care and have a plan, based on the early signing of players where barely any club has made any signing is a stretch at the best.

Secondly, you’ve made a comment about the apparent quality of player that we have signed, which was nothing to do with the point I was making in my original comment. However if we do look at the singing Carlisle made, they are:

A player who has not been in the squad for the last 9 match weeks and barely played a minute apart from that.

A player who has only been available for 9 of 26 game weeks, and barely played a minute apart from that.

And a 19 year old loan player who has not played a minute for his parent clubs full team this season. 

Do we know we know where they are going to fit into the Carlisle team or help improve them? Nope, not at all, and on the face of it, they don’t sound terribly exciting. But yet they were used as an example of good practice for this transfer window.

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen
    Currently NONE of our recent loans are 

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

which loan player has started the last 4 or 5 games, scoring twice?

im guessing you haven't included that fact because it doesn't fit into your agenda that all loans are shit?

my personal view is that I would prefer permanent signings over loans. However, we need to stop this downward slide, we need to stop rolling over and not having fight. If a loan helps achieve that over playing a youngster (Anderson) who is so out of his depth, then I'm content. 
  • to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    So have we? Have you seen our midfield for the last month? 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

im guessing you haven't included that fact because it doesn't fit into your agenda that all loans are shit?

my personal view is that I would prefer permanent signings over loans. However, we need to stop this downward slide, we need to stop rolling over and not having fight. If a loan helps achieve that over playing a youngster (Anderson) who is so out of his depth, then I'm content. 
    My bad
    You are right
    But the loans we've signed won't be starting games soon 
    They're coming back from injury or not match fit
    I'll be surptised neigh shocked of either makes the squad today, let alone starts

Campbell has come back in from the wilderness I agree

However.  These two weren't the most urgent signings.  Who plays up front today?

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick
    And our back 5 can't keep a clean sheet

I'm worried 
    Surely you're worried that we have no leadership and that two loans does nothing to support our young, inexperienced players?
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Fiorini 15 
    Dobson 0
    Fraser 0
    Camara 0
    Anderson 0

Recent injuries

CBT isn't recent
    All signed by Gallen

Incorrect. 

Quizz time 

My bad
    You are right
    But the loans we've signed won't be starting games soon 
    They're coming back from injury or not match fit
    I'll be surptised neigh shocked of either makes the squad today, let alone starts

Campbell has come back in from the wilderness I agree

However.  These two weren't the most urgent signings.  Who plays up front today?

Kanu
    Mbick
    Casey

All teenagers
    All out of their depth 

The ball doesn't stick
    And our back 5 can't keep a clean sheet

I'm worried 
    Surely you're worried that we have no leadership and that two loans does nothing to support our young, inexperienced players?
    The back 5 not being able to keep a clean sheet has more to do with the midfield than it does the defence. We’ve been playing with Fraser, Chem Campbell or Karoy Anderson as 2 of our midfielders 

Bakinson will improve us defensively and is addressing our urgent need for someone who can play next to Dobson and can actually defend