Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

A bit early but

Charlton and Leyton Orient are interested in signing teenage forward Jamie Donley, 18, on loan from Tottenham(Teamtalk)

Comments

• Options
    I’d like us to go get Tariqe Fosu back still without a club. 
    Bringing in Fosu as a replacement for Blackett-Taylor wouldn't entirely surprise me. Certainly the kind of thing the old regime would have done.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    The Jan window is all about keeping Dobbo and CBT. 
    Why would clubs spend money in Jan when they can get them for free in June. 
  • Options
    All business should be done and complete by 1st Jan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    Why would clubs spend money in Jan when they can get them for free in June. 
    Because said clubs may be pushing for promotion or in a relegation fight and need a players this season.
  • Options
    Hoping if Dobson & CBT are destined to leave for Championship clubs that we let them leave for free in the summer rather then for the likely small amounts clubs will offer in January as if their parting gift to us is promotion similar to Bauer then worth way more then a few hundred thousand.

Could also see us returning a few of the loan players in January if we have that clause, as while L.Watson has been a brilliant signing, the other four much less so due to injury & Appleton seeming to not wanting them unless forced by circumstances to start them especially when Appleton has talked about recruiting quality loan signings being one of his strongest attributes. 
  • Options
    Why would we want to bring in a teenage forward on loan when we have one of our own out on loan - doesn't make sense to me
    Unless their teenage forward is better/ has higher upward potential.  Not sure if this is true in this case as I have never seen the kid play but this happens all the time.  Hopefully the club has scouted him enough to know.  Where would we have been last year if we decided to not get rak saki and just thrown Kanu in as a starter?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dobson, CBT and Leaburn's futures will be the tell. 

Honestly I don't see Dobson getting much interest. Less so than the other two. 
  • Options
    Hopefully keep Dobson not so bothered about CBT overrated goes missing far to often. 
    Think Brewer Jones Dobson May is a great spine of the team to build around. 
    Brewer has been excellent since he came back in the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobson, CBT and Leaburn's futures will be the tell. 

Honestly I don't see Dobson getting much interest. Less so than the other two. 
    Dobson is very good at what he does at this level, but he's realistically not got quite the same theoretical ceiling as the other two.

If we do lose him I'd say its more likely to be a contract running down than movement in January.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    And May :smile:
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully keep Dobson not so bothered about CBT overrated goes missing far to often. 
    He is not in his best run of form currently but that is nonsense, with his goals & assists this season, not a team in the league who would not love to have him in their squad.
    Because he’s starting every game for us now we forget how good he is as an impact player from the bench. Plenty of championship teams would sign him as an impact sub that can start games if needed now he’s proved his fitness 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I reckon CBT might already have offers. There’s been something missing the last couple of weeks. After a real purple patch he’s barely been in some games recently. Is that teams doubling up and working him out, CBT protecting himself from an injury that might scupper a move or a bit of both? 
    If he has had offers then his current run of form won't help him. Think it's probably a mix of teams effectively stopping him and the stop-start nature on L1 players
  • Options
    The problem with CBT is the lack of competition. We can't keep him fresh, replace him when he is tiring or start with an alternative and bring him on to run at a tired full back.
  • Options
    I'd just like one transfer window where we don't talk about bringing back former players because we're desperate for something to say but don't actually know any other footballers. We've already had Taylor and Fosu, I can't wait until deadline day where people are arguing whether Morgan Fox could do a job on loan at centre back
    Or Jordan Cousins