Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• jams said:
    Good sign if owners are willing to spend £500k on a single player - when was the last time we did that? 

I'm a little cooler on jch than others, I worry he may be on his way down, but fingers crossed he's got another couple of seasons in him - we 10000% need more experience and nastiness so he ticks those boxes 
    Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    Don't compare them with JCH
  • redbuttle said:
    jams said:
    Good sign if owners are willing to spend £500k on a single player - when was the last time we did that? 

I'm a little cooler on jch than others, I worry he may be on his way down, but fingers crossed he's got another couple of seasons in him - we 10000% need more experience and nastiness so he ticks those boxes 
    Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    To be fair we spent similar amounts on them though
  • redbuttle said:
    jams said:

Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    You can when it’s roughly the same amount we each spent on them 
  • redbuttle said:
    jams said:

Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    It's literally the answer to the question though....
  • thenewbie said:
    redbuttle said:
    jams said:

Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    It's literally the answer to the question though....
    That's what I was trying to say.
  • Be nice if we can get Stephen Humphreys in from Wigan as well - If he's linked.
  • There is a long way from having a bid accepted to the player signing. 2 main issues being wages and where we are in the League. Then there is the fact other clubs can step in & offer more. 
    And he may decide to see out his contract, have a bigger choice of clubs when he’s on a free, get a bigger signing on fee.

IF we do sign him it’ll cost a lot more than just the fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t be disappointed with JCH signing. Would be delighted if he could be the modern day Bradley Wright-Phillips of getting 18 months of his prime to get us out the division. 
  • edited January 6
    Scoham said:
    Shame its not Gillingham, be f**king hilarious if it was given how upset their fans were when we signed Alfie May
  • Be nice if we can get Stephen Humphreys in from Wigan as well - If he's linked.
    How many strikers do we need?! 
  • Anyway as today's game is reiterating, it's defence we need the most work on 
  • edited January 6
    Can’t be disappointed with JCH signing. Would be delighted if he could be the modern day Bradley Wright-Phillips of getting 18 months of his prime to get us out the division. 
    If we keep shipping goals like we are and have done for years it matters not one jot.

Why successive ownerships and managers have continually failed to see the importance of clean sheets in this league is quite astounding.
  • sam3110 said:
    Be nice if we can get Stephen Humphreys in from Wigan as well - If he's linked.
    How many strikers do we need?! 
    I would say we need 3 decent fit ones if we play 1 up top. More if we want to play a front 2. With Leaburn out for the season, and Aneke a great wildcard but not someone you can rely on, I would like a new permanent target man type (JCH?), a loan, and May. Then Kanu and Aneke are probably okay as 4th choices until the end of the season. If we feel Leaburn will leave in the summer and a good striker is available permanently now then now harm in signing them now unless it takes budget that should be focused on improving the defence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Our defensive weakness isn't just down to the defenders though. They get so little protection from the midfield and wingers.
    Absolutely spot on
  • Our defensive weakness isn't just down to the defenders though. They get so little protection from the midfield and wingers.
    Deffo 
  • cfgs said:
    Plus the ball needs to stick up front, Taylor (spit) was so good at winning free kicks or holding onto the ball, this season it seems to come straight back in.
    JCH will really help with that. Chuks is a great outlet too, something Miles is still comparatively weak at.
  • cfgs said:
    Plus the ball needs to stick up front, Taylor (spit) was so good at winning free kicks or holding onto the ball, this season it seems to come straight back in.
    JCH will really help with that. Chuks is a great outlet too, something Miles is still comparatively weak at.
    Especially now he is injured.  We need an experienced player up front.  JCH fits the bill.
  • jams said:

Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    Jeez, we didn't play half a million for them, did we??
  • JamesSeed said:
    jams said:

Kirk and Jaiyesimi?
    Jeez, we didn't play half a million for them, did we??

Kirk was somewhere between £400-500k and DJ £300k from what I remember 
  • There is a long way from having a bid accepted to the player signing. 2 main issues being wages and where we are in the League. Then there is the fact other clubs can step in & offer more. 
    Is that why the fella from Plymouth has not been signed and sealed yet. Would make sense 
  • edited January 6
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
    Scott only acting on the manager’s and recruitment 
    Data Analyst….. 
    Andy Scott is technical director Ronnie, he is responsible for the recruitment of players to the club, and those who depart. Whatever resources or advice he takes or uses, he is ultimately responsible. You will find that is how it works and he is answerable to the board whilst holding that post. 
    But some people will still hold Appleton/managers, ‘entirely’ responsible for crap performances……it just doesn’t add up that the manager gets so much abuse from fans when they’ve been dealt such a shyte hand.
    It’s something fans have done very unjustly(IMHO), for years…….especially here on CL.
    We have gone through dozens of managers who were never given the opportunity to succeed and until we have a board of directors who are prepared to put their hands in their pockets in a realistic fashion, this never ceasing scenario will continue. 
    Only time will tell if they can be reasoned with and persuaded to see sense this time round by Charlie Methven…..after all, we really have little or no idea the type of deal or level of reality he has struck up with our American “friends?”💰
    I have thought this for many a year, just like those of us who can clearly see the woods for the trees.

And all the while……the spectre of Duchatalet and his vengefulness hangs over our future like a huge dark cloud of poisonous gas.
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
    Scott only acting on the manager’s and recruitment 
    Data Analyst….. 
    Andy Scott is technical director Ronnie, he is responsible for the recruitment of players to the club, and those who depart. Whatever resources or advice he takes or uses, he is ultimately responsible. You will find that is how it works and he is answerable to the board whilst holding that post. 
    But some people will still hold Appleton/managers, ‘entirely’ responsible for crap performances……it just doesn’t add up that the manager gets so much abuse from fans when they’ve been dealt such a shyte hand.
    It’s something fans have done very unjustly(IMHO), for years…….especially here on CL.
    We have gone through dozens of managers who were never given the opportunity to succeed and until we have a board of directors who are prepared to put their hands in their pockets in a realistic fashion, this never ceasing scenario will continue. 
    Only time will tell if they can be reasoned with and persuaded to see sense this time round.
    I have thought this for many a year, just like those of us who can clearly see the woods for the trees. ☹️
    Well which job would anyone choose on here, Appleton's or Scott's ? . Facts are last three managers were promised a squad that could challenge, all three were let down. Many years ago, it was the managers responsibility to sign players, that's no longer the case, Appleton can only work with what he's got, that squad today was bare bones, some fans were claiming that Appleton had finally seen sense and brought Louie Watson back, truth is he didn't have choice. Give him a squad and then judge him.