Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 6
    NabySarr said:
    to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    So have we? Have you seen our midfield for the last month? 
    Well quiet. 

Luke Armstrong, who would walk into our team, has only managed 90 minutes 5 times this season.

You have to at least be consistent in the arguments you are trying to make. 

Saying a team, you know little about, are an example of owners who care and have a plan - because they signed 3 players you know little about on the 4th January - is not a good argument in my opinion and is clearly just a poorly thought out angle to fit your current view point.
    Luke Armstrong would walk into that team today and probably Port Vales as well, if they had him we would have been bang in trouble as they missed an aerial threat. 

The main reason Armstrong wasn't playing for Harrogate, is probably similar to JCH in they knew he was going to leave and was trying to keep him injury free/plan without him. Can assure you Armstrong is one of the better forwards in League 2 and why he had money bags Wrexham pursuing him. Could be a coup for Carlisle as he could help them in their relegation fight or they go down and have a ready made top league 2 striker. 

Consistent in what way? This isn't an argument, I think our owners are full of it mostly and I speak openly about it. Unless you want an argument? 

Apologies genuinely not following there as I don't actually challenge posters on here really, just call the players, owners and manager shit every other day and posters like to hop on the posts. There's no arguing from me cause I can't be convinced about these owners until I see us progress as a club.

Anyway JCH is a cracking signing if it happens, those are the signings I expect based on their words 
  • Here’s my fan scouting done for the week:

Jacob Farrell, LB/LCB, Central Coast Mariners, age 21

One of the brightest young talents in Australian football currently. He spoke to the press only a few days ago saying he had aspirations of playing overseas so isn’t against making a move to Europe either. 

Having an Aussie already in the camp could be an advantage for us. Linked with Viking FC in the Norwegian press, they think he’d cost £300-400k in transfer fee.
    He is very good too. But we don't seem to scout much further than Scott's contact list on his phone. 
  • redbuttle said:
    mendonca said:
    I can see him rejecting us for a bigger salary on a free. In fact I'd put money on it. 
    Hope not.
    Same but isn't the most likely scenario:

-He rejects us wanting to explore his options in Summer.

-We then get an unknown or unfit loan forward in and state we showed intent but first choice didn't fancy coming here.

Let's see, but that's my feeling. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    ‘Facing a fight’ seems weird terminology to me.

So far all quiet on the Dobson front…
  • MarcusH26 said:

We need to assure we keep him. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

I honestly expected Dobson rumours as soon as the Coventry/Docherty interest came out last week , am surprised there hasn't been anything yet 
  • Don't know if there's anything to read into it but Lewis Bate isn't involved at all today for a massively rotated Leeds side at Peterborough.... 
  • Reams suggesting Bate is our top midfield target, but Leeds want a perm deal not loan! 
  • Sponsored links:

• JCH apparently at their game today. 
  • edited January 7
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I honestly expected Dobson rumours as soon as the Coventry/Docherty interest came out last week , am surprised there hasn't been anything yet 
    Maybe no one else wants him. Would work for us 
  • If JCH comes here with the right attitude (I’m not questioning it by the way, more pointing out that this will be his last decent wage he can probably earn given his age, I hope he’s not just thinking, one last payday, not too fussed about achieving things on the football field etc), then it’s a good signing.  You can’t argue with his record at this level, and he’s a similar age to May, both can still contribute 

If he comes, I would expect to see Leaburn off in the summer, providing bids come in.  Can’t see our owners likely to have a front 4 of Leaburn, Aneke, JCH and May, and then depending on how we set up, one of May, JCH and Leaburn may not start regularly.  Aneke will be lucky to get any minutes, and is lucky we’ve been so tolerant, so the best he can hope for is the sub’s bench.

then begins the massive rebuild of pretty much everyone behind them all.  Be great if Dobson stays and has better around him.  A bonus if CBT stays as well.  After that; every position is up for grabs.

Fraser needs to go and I think he will.  McGrandles and Terry Taylor need to play a run of games and play well, particularly McGrandles as he would’ve done 2 years.  

I’ve seen enough of Hector to know he’s not the man to lead our defence, I’d like to see him go.  we don’t know about Jones yet, we’ll have a better idea at the end of the season, but he doesn’t shout “keep me”.  The two fullbacks haven’t impressed me, and AMB blows hot and cold.  

Let’s not get sentimental, but Tyreece Campbell, Ness, Chin, Henry aren’t ever going to make the grade at this level and if they want to build a career I think League 2 is the place to do it.  

We’re yet again, where we were this time last year and the year before it, needing major surgery 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Because he not interested in leaving which he as told his agent .. and confirmed by his dad 
    Scott as of the 22nd December 

“We have offered two contracts to George and had little back from his agent,” said Scott. “It seems like he’s going to go into the January window and see what options are out there.
  • Croydon said:
    cabbles said:
    If JCH comes here with the right attitude (I’m not questioning it by the way, more pointing out that this will be his last decent wage he can probably earn given his age, I hope he’s not just thinking, one last payday, not too fussed about achieving things on the football field etc), then it’s a good signing.  You can’t argue with his record at this level, and he’s a similar age to May, both can still contribute 

If he comes, I would expect to see Leaburn off in the summer, providing bids come in.  Can’t see our owners likely to have a front 4 of Leaburn, Aneke, JCH and May, and then depending on how we set up, one of May, JCH and Leaburn may not start regularly.  Aneke will be lucky to get any minutes, and is lucky we’ve been so tolerant, so the best he can hope for is the sub’s bench.

then begins the massive rebuild of pretty much everyone behind them all.  Be great if Dobson stays and has better around him.  A bonus if CBT stays as well.  After that; every position is up for grabs.

Fraser needs to go and I think he will.  McGrandles and Terry Taylor need to play a run of games and play well, particularly McGrandles as he would’ve done 2 years.  

I’ve seen enough of Hector to know he’s not the man to lead our defence, I’d like to see him go.  we don’t know about Jones yet, we’ll have a better idea at the end of the season, but he doesn’t shout “keep me”.  The two fullbacks haven’t impressed me, and AMB blows hot and cold.  

Let’s not get sentimental, but Tyreece Campbell, Ness, Chin, Henry aren’t ever going to make the grade at this level and if they want to build a career I think League 2 is the place to do it.  

We’re yet again, where we were this time last year and the year before it, needing major surgery 
    Lloyd Jones and Tyreece Campbell are good enough to be in a promotion winning squad. TC is the most promising youngster we have and will get better.

We always look much more balanced with TC on the right rather than May.
    Have to disagree about Campbell being good enough for a promotion squad. He might be one day, but he should be on loan at a league 2 club. No top 6 in lg1 would have him in their squad.

Some of TC's first touches in recent matches have been awful there have been several times where he has been able to control the ball from simple passes
  • Ness is a strange one. Last season I'd have said he was destined to be a championship centre back whereas this he looks like he'd struggle in league two. Injury looks to have really done a number on him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
    Scott only acting on the manager’s and recruitment 
    Data Analyst….. 
    Andy Scott is technical director Ronnie, he is responsible for the recruitment of players to the club, and those who depart. Whatever resources or advice he takes or uses, he is ultimately responsible. You will find that is how it works and he is answerable to the board whilst holding that post. 
    But some people will still hold Appleton/managers, ‘entirely’ responsible for crap performances……it just doesn’t add up that the manager gets so much abuse from fans when they’ve been dealt such a shyte hand.
    It’s something fans have done very unjustly(IMHO), for years…….especially here on CL.
    We have gone through dozens of managers who were never given the opportunity to succeed and until we have a board of directors who are prepared to put their hands in their pockets in a realistic fashion, this never ceasing scenario will continue. 
    Only time will tell if they can be reasoned with and persuaded to see sense this time round.
    I have thought this for many a year, just like those of us who can clearly see the woods for the trees. ☹️
    Well which job would anyone choose on here, Appleton's or Scott's ? . Facts are last three managers were promised a squad that could challenge, all three were let down. Many years ago, it was the managers responsibility to sign players, that's no longer the case, Appleton can only work with what he's got, that squad today was bare bones, some fans were claiming that Appleton had finally seen sense and brought Louie Watson back, truth is he didn't have choice. Give him a squad and then judge him.  
    No. Please get rid of Appleton. He is useless and his post match assessments are nothing short of delusional/embarrassing.Every one knows we lack a bit in terms of players, but my god we are going backwards with him as manager. He should be doing better with the players at his disposal. Most of us don't need any more time to judge him. Guilty of impersonating a manager
    Melrose, you probably have summed it up. Appleton was never wanted by the fans and I include myself in that number, I probably would have preferred Buckingham, based on the fact that I knew nothing about him, as for the Concord brothers and Fergusons little boy, please spare me. Back to the point, Appleton faces a huge, if not impossible, task to win fans over and to achieve anything near that, he would have to be in those play off spots and winning back to back games, even then fans would find something to dislike about him, it's currently his after match interviews. Quite simply, Appleton's appointment was by Scott and the board, Appleton's and Holden's lack of a squad, is down to Scott and the board, whoever is appointed, they cannot achieve anything without financial support from the board, where we are now is the boards responsibility, not Appleton's.
  • I don't know who the agent for JCH is, but right now he has got us by the balls.

Always be prepared to walk away the saying goes.
  • Bailey said:
    Melrose said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Seeing as its been confirmed that Tedic has gone back, and we believe that Abankwa has too, and then added into the mix that both Watson & Campbell have hardly been played by Appleton, can it be justified to say that Andy Scott's loan deals have a lot to be desired.
    Wise words mate, Wise words.
    Scott only acting on the manager’s and recruitment 
    Data Analyst….. 
    Andy Scott is technical director Ronnie, he is responsible for the recruitment of players to the club, and those who depart. Whatever resources or advice he takes or uses, he is ultimately responsible. You will find that is how it works and he is answerable to the board whilst holding that post. 
    But some people will still hold Appleton/managers, ‘entirely’ responsible for crap performances……it just doesn’t add up that the manager gets so much abuse from fans when they’ve been dealt such a shyte hand.
    It’s something fans have done very unjustly(IMHO), for years…….especially here on CL.
    We have gone through dozens of managers who were never given the opportunity to succeed and until we have a board of directors who are prepared to put their hands in their pockets in a realistic fashion, this never ceasing scenario will continue. 
    Only time will tell if they can be reasoned with and persuaded to see sense this time round.
    I have thought this for many a year, just like those of us who can clearly see the woods for the trees. ☹️
    Well which job would anyone choose on here, Appleton's or Scott's ? . Facts are last three managers were promised a squad that could challenge, all three were let down. Many years ago, it was the managers responsibility to sign players, that's no longer the case, Appleton can only work with what he's got, that squad today was bare bones, some fans were claiming that Appleton had finally seen sense and brought Louie Watson back, truth is he didn't have choice. Give him a squad and then judge him.  
    No. Please get rid of Appleton. He is useless and his post match assessments are nothing short of delusional/embarrassing.Every one knows we lack a bit in terms of players, but my god we are going backwards with him as manager. He should be doing better with the players at his disposal. Most of us don't need any more time to judge him. Guilty of impersonating a manager
    Melrose, you probably have summed it up. Appleton was never wanted by the fans and I include myself in that number, I probably would have preferred Buckingham, based on the fact that I knew nothing about him, as for the Concord brothers and Fergusons little boy, please spare me. Back to the point, Appleton faces a huge, if not impossible, task to win fans over and to achieve anything near that, he would have to be in those play off spots and winning back to back games, even then fans would find something to dislike about him, it's currently his after match interviews. Quite simply, Appleton's appointment was by Scott and the board, Appleton's and Holden's lack of a squad, is down to Scott and the board, whoever is appointed, they cannot achieve anything without financial support from the board, where we are now is the boards responsibility, not Appleton's.
    Ive got no love for Scott, but Buckingham was not an option for us. The only managers interested of any repute were Appleton and the Cowleys. That's why it's largely pointless sacking him until the end of the season.

No decent manager wanted to come in with the season off to a terrible start, and same for now when the season is over by January. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Fraser is going the club are offering him to others 
    Getting someone to pay his wages will be the struggle. Expect he may go out on loan with us still paying a large chunk.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Getting someone to pay his wages will be the struggle. Expect he may go out on loan with us still paying a large chunk.

This would be my concern. Even someone like a Wrexham would probably baulk at Fraser's wages. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I'm not sure there'll be many takers as he was poor at Ipswich and even worse for us.....
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Good news 
  • shirty5 said:
    Despite the howls of derision about the club's moves on the transfer front, they certainly cannot be accused of dragging their feet this time round. I've cannot recall so much activity so early in a January transfer window. Usually everything takes place at the eleventh hour on the final day. So I'm heartened to see this. More to come, I assume.
    No different to 3 years ago when the club brought in 2 players by the 5th January

Ronnie Schwartz and
    Liam Millar

Stockley, Jaiyesimi and Matt Smith (Arsenal) were to follow by the end of the window
    How can that (Ronnie Schwartz) be 3 years ago,feels like only yesterday. Remember telling a good friend all about that player .

So many sub standard players that have joined our club since due to bad decisions made by the owners.

The dice are still rolling against us.