Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Braziliance = Ronnie Moore?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Fraser is going the club are offering him to others 
    That tells me we are stuck with him until his contract ends.
  • Braziliance = Ronnie Moore?
    The negative Ronnie Moore. 
  • edited January 7
    jbaker said:
    Would this City be sent as part of the OK to send Tedic back? Seems a strange move all round. But if we requested to send Tedic back would they be saying we need to take another instead?
    well Haaland is injured - Tedic seems the natural replacement. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JHC has been offered 10k a week, apparently he is keen, but agent holding out for more. 

Coventry both us and Shef Wed have put good offers on the on the table, apparently we have offered more. 
    How can we afford that if we were struggling for FFP due to wages in the summer? hmm? 
    Maybe mixture of increased commercials and investment 
  • Is it likely JCH will sign?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 7
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JHC has been offered 10k a week, apparently he is keen, but agent holding out for more. 

Coventry both us and Shef Wed have put good offers on the on the table, apparently we have offered more. 
    How can we afford that if we were struggling for FFP due to wages in the summer? hmm? 

DubaiCAFC said:

If the owners decided to inject some equity then we wouldn't need to worry about it . 
    Maybe we have found someone to take Fraser. His & Kirk’s wages combined are likely to free up close to £10k a week.
    More then that Kirk was on 7k a week on his own 
    Really? Bloody hell.
  • Valley11 said:
    I don’t know @Braziliance but the guy clearly loves Charlton, is at every game supporting the team and is obviously totally hacked off like the majority of us.
    Not keen on the pile on, personally. 
    agreed 
  • JamesSeed said:
    to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    I generally share your anxiety about the current recruitment set up, but at the same time I don’t feel I can write off signings like the two we made yesterday without seeing them play regularly first. 
    I don’t think that’s being happy clappy. 
    In my view it is mate, I've not aimed it at anyone personally but I am of the view that if you lap up what these lot say, are still finding positives about how this team is playing and still finding excuses for this manager (which I have seen) then I can't understand you as a Charlton fan. 

Will we even get to see him play much? That's the big question now 
    So potentially we have Fiorini, then Taylor , McGrandles and Camara all that will need Easing back in after injuries ? Their will be more competition for the seats on the bench than the staring places 
    We'll be relegated by the time they are fit to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• CatAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    I don’t know @Braziliance but the guy clearly loves Charlton, is at every game supporting the team and is obviously totally hacked off like the majority of us.
    It is noticeable that there are fewer posts by some of our more established members; I suspect for this reason.
    What happened to reasoned debate?  It just seems to be a litany of “you’re wrong” without any attempt to provide any alternative POV, followed by people posting similar one liners.
    Personally I think it’s verging on cyber bullying and I thought we were above that.
    I’ve seen @Braziliance at a few games, and I appreciate his views even though I’m not keen on his vlog….
    Possibly fewer posts by certain members as they might be disheartened with the off field goings on?
  • DubaiCAFC said:

DubaiCAFC said:

If the owners decided to inject some equity then we wouldn't need to worry about it . 
    Maybe we have found someone to take Fraser. His & Kirk’s wages combined are likely to free up close to £10k a week.
    More then that Kirk was on 7k a week on his own 

• edited January 7
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Were we ?? 

Where was that stated in the summer  ??
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    ‘Facing a fight’ seems weird terminology to me.

So far all quiet on the Dobson front…

I honestly expected Dobson rumours as soon as the Coventry/Docherty interest came out last week , am surprised there hasn't been anything yet 
    Because he not interested in leaving which he as told his agent .. and confirmed by his dad 
    Scott as of the 22nd December 

“We have offered two contracts to George and had little back from his agent,” said Scott. “It seems like he’s going to go into the January window and see what options are out there.
    Not having that, I still believe Ronnie.
    You believe in Santa Claus as well
    I put a pillow case out by the bed on the 24th December.
    What Santa gave you a day off? You normally work day and night flat out until Boxing Day! He must be getting soft in his old age 😉.
  • CatAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    It is noticeable that there are fewer posts by some of our more established members; I suspect for this reason.
    What happened to reasoned debate?  It just seems to be a litany of “you’re wrong” without any attempt to provide any alternative POV, followed by people posting similar one liners.
    Personally I think it’s verging on cyber bullying and I thought we were above that.
    I’ve seen @Braziliance at a few games, and I appreciate his views even though I’m not keen on his vlog….
    Possibly fewer posts by certain members as they might be disheartened with the off field goings on?
    Maybe.  But with the direction we are heading, is apathy helping?  We need to acknowledge the positives but as they are far and few between we also should recognise those that see the worst case rather than just dismiss them as irrelevant.
    For context, I was looking back at videos from some of the anti-Roland marches and it looked like there were more people in Floyd Rd then than we get now at home games - we need to remain critical and analytical; we are a much smaller fanbase than even 5-6 years ago.  
    Why push people away fans when the on/off field activities are doing such a good job on their own?
  • edited January 7
    Can anyone point to me where Andy Scott said every January signing we make will be a permanent that will be able to go into the squad straight away.

To be honest going on their previous record for loans, I don’t trust either of these to be any good - but I can certainly see Fiorini (if he is) being part of planning for next season which we would be naive not to be doing. 

He said at Bromley Addicks meeting he wanted to sign permanent players and wanted ones that didn't see Charlton as the limit of their career but ones that thought they were better but he persuaded to join us and go on our journey... Or words to that effect.  The words I think he actually used were he didn't want players who wanted to play for Charlton.
  • JamesSeed said:
    to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, its a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    Braziliance yesterday you claimed that Carlisle owners are an example of those that ‘give a shit and have ‘clearly been planning for the window opening’ based on them making 3 signings on the 4th.

One day later we have now made 2 signings, which is actually 20% of all activity in league one so far this window. 

Would you now say that our owners ‘give a shit’ and have ‘clearly been planning for the window’?

Or would you say that your comment was not well thought out, and that your current mistrust of the ownership led you to make a baseless assumption?
    No. For starters, it's relevant to each clubs situation. They've signed players that will probably improve them, I can tell you right now that Armstrong would walk into our side at present and I really mean walk. So for context, a side sitting in 24th has signed a player that that's better than anything we will stick up top today (assuming May is injured)

You want me to get the party poppers out over a pair of low risk loans with no real track record? 

I'm just not a happy clapper, I will credit this mob when they show some ambition, until we sign a proper player for money like JCH I'll call it how it is. 

If people are happy with these tosh signings more power to them

Edit; planning for the window, are you purposely trying to wind me up with this post? 😂 They're 6 month loans where neither are guaranteed to be here next season. It's the complete opposite of a planning for next season and all the talk of experience and quality is already out of the window 
    I generally share your anxiety about the current recruitment set up, but at the same time I don’t feel I can write off signings like the two we made yesterday without seeing them play regularly first. 
    I don’t think that’s being happy clappy. 
    In my view it is mate, I've not aimed it at anyone personally but I am of the view that if you lap up what these lot say, are still finding positives about how this team is playing and still finding excuses for this manager (which I have seen) then I can't understand you as a Charlton fan.

Edit: to make it clear as well, that isn't a fig on those Charlton fans, as I have time for anyone that supports this club, I more mean I can't get on the same wave length as those particular fans as I am a lot less tolerant to us being this shit

Will we even get to see him play much? That's the big question now 
    As I said last night, he could be the best thing since sliced bread but he wont be playing 90 mins week in week out......which is what we need & what Andy Scott said we would be signing.

Just same old same old. 
    Pep has just said he will need to manage  de Bruyne mins going forward .. it’s something managers say … people take every word to seriously