Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• redbuttle said:
    Unfortunate news about Conor Coventry, but this isn't the first time we have done something like this, linked to some biggish names for our league and for it not to come to fruition. All well and good being linked but we have had that before. I understand of course he isn't Wednesdays player yet but it sounds like it may go that way.

In regards to the bid to JCH, I think we bid for Ivan Toney before for in excess of 4 million, which we didn't actually have the cash to do? 

Not accusing them of the same but we have had owners before that had us making noise and only to fall short. 

Still optimistic of course though and will have no option other than to wait to see if we get the players in we so desperately need. 
    Don't think we bid at all. It was all a fairy tale made up by MacAnthony and his new mate Southall.
    Cawley tweeted yesterday we have had a bid accepted didnt he? Don’t think he gets his info from MacAnthony
    Sorry. My comments were relating to the supposed bid for Ivan Toney when Southall was around.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I suspect this might come down to how much he thinks Shef Wed will be in the championship next season and if he wants to stay closer to home.. Finances are in our advantage from what I have heard. 

I understand we have moved for another left footed CB, I have no details on the identity of the player.. The gent from Plymouth isn't dead yet, but feels like the club won't be wait around! 
    According to reports our offer better then Sheff Wed .. and we are still front runners 
    Time will tell.. I would say this is going to be a busy week. 
    More injured loans? ;-)
  • CBT is out of contract in the summer isn’t he? Would be silly not to cash in and sell him in a dead season. Dobson too really, but can’t see that one happening. 

Either way, they won’t be here next season and neither will Leaburn. 
    Leaburn and Dobson will kick off next season with Charlton .. not really bothered with CBT cause in 12 months time he most likey will be back in league two on loan somewhere 
    You literally have no way of knowing this so why bother posting?

And there's zero chance CBT will be in league 2!
    I nearly replied to this myself, but thought better of it. He’s on a wind up, so I’m trying to ignore him. 
  • There is a long way from having a bid accepted to the player signing. 2 main issues being wages and where we are in the League. Then there is the fact other clubs can step in & offer more. 
    Football works differently these days. It's not like football manager where you have a bid accepted and then find out what the player wants.

We'll have already been in touch with his agent to find out what wages he's asking for before even putting a bid in. Otherwise there's no point.

It's not as if we'd put a bid in, get it accepted and then discover he wants 15k a week. We'll have likely already sorted the terms before we bid.
    It even works that way in Football Manager, you speak to the agent before making an offer and you get a rough idea of the contract they’re after.
  • redbuttle said:
    Unfortunate news about Conor Coventry, but this isn't the first time we have done something like this, linked to some biggish names for our league and for it not to come to fruition. All well and good being linked but we have had that before. I understand of course he isn't Wednesdays player yet but it sounds like it may go that way.

In regards to the bid to JCH, I think we bid for Ivan Toney before for in excess of 4 million, which we didn't actually have the cash to do? 

Not accusing them of the same but we have had owners before that had us making noise and only to fall short. 

Still optimistic of course though and will have no option other than to wait to see if we get the players in we so desperately need. 
    Don't think we bid at all. It was all a fairy tale made up by MacAnthony and his new mate Southall.
    Cawley tweeted yesterday we have had a bid accepted didnt he? Don’t think he gets his info from MacAnthony
    Fee is agreed, I was told by a good friend that JCH wanted 10k a week from Rovers in the summer, sp will be surprised if it happens based on our salary average tbh
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    redbuttle said:

Fee is agreed, I was told by a good friend that JCH wanted 10k a week from Rovers in the summer, sp will be surprised if it happens based on our salary average tbh
    He is on 7k a week at posh. We are well aware he wants an increase...
  • New day, new week ahead. 

Catching up this morning there were just too many posts about other posters. It’s ugly. If someone is winding you up, how hard is it just to ignore and scroll past? Or if it’s a certain poster you can’t entertain, don’t read it in the first place?

Come on, let’s have a better week please. Thanks 
    I agree, even though I let a certain poster wind me up last week, I've decided to completely ignore what he posts, although I did nearly respond this morning, I resisted the urge and just hit the LOL button instead...such a better way of responding...Laugh!

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 8
    The deal with Bristol Rovers was done and agreed, they just messed up paperwork. I can’t see them agreeing £10k a week surely?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I suspect this might come down to how much he thinks Shef Wed will be in the championship next season and if he wants to stay closer to home.. Finances are in our advantage from what I have heard. 

I understand we have moved for another left footed CB, I have no details on the identity of the player.. The gent from Plymouth isn't dead yet, but feels like the club won't be wait around! 
    According to reports our offer better then Sheff Wed .. and we are still front runners 
    The report was from @DubaiCAFC you 🍩 😂
  • edited January 8
    DubaiCAFC said:

The report was from @DubaiCAFC you 🍩 😂
    Yes but where us he getting his info about these transfers? 
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

More injured loans? ;-)
    Have faith and aim high. I'm going for an injured permanent signing
    JCH is actually out injured at the mo!
  • Hopefully it's a busy week of both ins and outs , can see there being a couple of outs if we need to balance things. Would like to think Gillesphey will be the first of the week but it sounds like there's things going on at our end , plus Plymouth's new manager might want a look at him. 
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

More injured loans? ;-)

Apparently some sort of strain...
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

More injured loans? ;-)
    bet he'd still pass our medical ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 8
    redbuttle said:

Yeah that is what it seemed like, not sure what 'DMAC' had to gain from that though at the time other than attention.

This JCH link seems a lot more genuine but the 10k a week offer has me a bit perplexed, I can't imagine we have that kind of money

If he was a free agent maybe it would make more sense to trump people and with it being a 'free', with us allegedly bidding just about half a million and paying that, surely we have used our budget on one player? 

Interesting few weeks ahead 
  • redbuttle said:

Yeah that is what it seemed like, not sure what 'DMAC' had to gain from that though at the time other than attention.

This JCH link seems a lot more genuine but the 10k a week offer has me a bit perplexed, I can't imagine we have that kind of money

If he was a free agent maybe it would make more sense to trump people and with it being a 'free', with us allegedly bidding just about half a million and paying that, surely we have used our budget on one player? 

Interesting few weeks ahead 
    Not that I will ever believe it until I see actual physical proof, but if we were paying Tedic £11,000 a week - then I guess those wages will be free now. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully it's a busy week of both ins and outs , can see there being a couple of outs if we need to balance things. Would like to think Gillesphey will be the first of the week but it sounds like there's things going on at our end , plus Plymouth's new manager might want a look at him. 
    I wouldn't say so. I would say JCH or Coventry would be our next one through the door, if they agree terms.

Cheers Dubai , I was incorrectly assuming Gillesphey was the most advanced purely because he'd been shown around already, but if there's other issues then it's completely understandable that others would probably happen first. 
  • RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    ‘Facing a fight’ seems weird terminology to me.

So far all quiet on the Dobson front…

I honestly expected Dobson rumours as soon as the Coventry/Docherty interest came out last week , am surprised there hasn't been anything yet 
    Because he not interested in leaving which he as told his agent .. and confirmed by his dad 
    Scott as of the 22nd December 

“We have offered two contracts to George and had little back from his agent,” said Scott. “It seems like he’s going to go into the January window and see what options are out there.
    Not having that, I still believe Ronnie.
    You believe in Santa Claus as well
    I put a pillow case out by the bed on the 24th December.
    What Santa gave you a day off? You normally work day and night flat out until Boxing Day! He must be getting soft in his old age 😉.
    And you'd know a lot about old age Uncle.
  • Kirk must have been on around 7k so that's not far off the 10k offered to JCH. 
  • The fee was agreed late last week I doudt any talks will happen till today / tomorrow but Charlton and his agent would have spoken so don’t expect there to be any major differences or we would not have put a bid in ?
  • Chunes said:
    Kirk must have been on around 7k so that's not far off the 10k offered to JCH. 
    Possibly - but we would surely have had to pay him off to go? 

Agree that we’re no longer paying a salary to him but his severance pay would have impacted budgets still. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully it's a busy week of both ins and outs , can see there being a couple of outs if we need to balance things. Would like to think Gillesphey will be the first of the week but it sounds like there's things going on at our end , plus Plymouth's new manager might want a look at him. 
    I wouldn't say so. I would say JCH or Coventry would be our next one through the door, if they agree terms.

Cheers Dubai , I was incorrectly assuming Gillesphey was the most advanced purely because he'd been shown around already, but if there's other issues then it's completely understandable that others would probably happen first. 
    It was advance, but few issues now I believe. But as we know, things can change very quickly.