Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Could Gillesphey step into a Dobbo like role if need be? Only mention it as been said he is good on the ball and obviously defensively sound.
  • I imagine any money spent on JCH will be recouped by the Leaburn sale in the summer so not sure the outlay is any expectation of major funds being available. 
  • edited January 8
    Could Gillesphey step into a Dobbo like role if need be? Only mention it as been said he is good on the ball and obviously defensively sound.
    Plymouth fans say he's pretty slow, so doubtful.
  • Panzo has played for Dijon. He's mustard this kid.
    Crumbs 🤷‍♂️
  • I imagine any money spent on JCH will be recouped by the Leaburn sale in the summer so not sure the outlay is any expectation of major funds being available. 
    As sad as it is to lose academy players to bigger and better things, I’ve never minded it IF they’re replaced adequately.  

A JCH is what we need now not Leaburn, whereas Aston Villa for example, don’t need a forward for now they need one for 3-5 years time.  
  • Chunes said:
    Could Gillesphey step into a Dobbo like role if need be? Only mention it as been said he is good on the ball and obviously defensively sound.
    Plymouth fans say he's pretty slow, so doubtful.
    Just like his new boss then! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

Really hope we get him, but can't understand why anyone would choose us over Wrexham currently. 

Agree, other than Paul Mullins is number 1 and JCH would have to fit in with the main man.
  • Panzo would be a hell of a signing at this level and someone who could make a tangible difference to our powderpuff defence, would also provide some cover for Tayo at 

I'd hardly say a "hell of a signing".
    They are pre-empting his sale, and hoping he recovers from injury to impress.
  • Clarke-Harris set off this morning to sign for us, but unfortunately got stuck in a snowdrift on the A14.

Neil Harris got there quickly and dug him out, and overcome by gratitude (and frostbite) he instead agreed to sign for Cambridge United on £2k a week.
  • edited January 8
    Any update on us signing Master Bate from Leeds? 
  • Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Plymouth bring in another CB, could be a sign that Gillesphey is stil happening?
    Left footed players are comparatively rare which is why they are sought after so much. Panzo sounds more exciting although if fit Gillesphey would fit the bill and allow us to play three at the back.

This is also why I wouldn't want Fraser leaving until a replacement is brought in otherwise we don't have any left footed players going forward.
    Or backwards
  • MrBurns said:
    Any update on us signing Master Bate from Leeds? 

It's taking longer than expected as the wife doesn't approve
  • Scoham said:
    Unfortunately Coventry will cost £15m.

Quite cheap for a whole city 

• Joe Taylor officially recalled by Luton from Colchester. Don't think it will be us because I don't know if we'll sign another striker along with JCH but maybe one to watch out for. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If Wednesday want to pay £15m then let them have him.

• edited January 8
  • Scoham said:

Not if you’ve seen the city in question!
  • se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

Not if you’ve seen the city in question!
    I knew someone would say something like that !!!

In fairness, Coventry has the Germans to thank for the post war reconstruction that was required 
    😴
  • Shame about Coventry, was hoping that he would get some good reviews from the Cullen. Suppose we can only wait and see who else comes through the door now