Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Shame about Coventry, was hoping that he would get some good reviews from the Cullen. Suppose we can only wait and see who else comes through the door now 
    To be honest, in terms of reviews the one closest in age to him of our players who were in the West Ham youth team would be Louie Watson. Woops.
  • Cawley's not heard anything about a JCH medical today.
  • Scoham said:
    If Wednesday want to pay £15m then let them have him.

Hopefully not the first of "hard to get our targets over the line"
  • se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    Unfortunately Coventry will cost £15m.

Quite cheap for a whole city 
    Not if you’ve seen the city in question!
    I knew someone would say something like that !!!

In fairness, Coventry has the Germans to thank for the post war reconstruction that was required 
    Not entirely. The 60s planners continued the destruction...
  • If we sign JCH will there be any chance he will partner May or will May still be stuck out on the wing. 
  • Scoham said:

I grew up in Cov, sounds quite expensive to me. 
  • Which one of them is intent on getting their old band back together, Scott or Appleton?
    Maybe they're both trying.
    I doubt if the combined talent will make a supergroup.
  • Why is there all the hate for Fraser now.someone posted they wish he would die the other day. 
    I got called out for calling mcgrandles mcCrappy. 
    Which I thick he has been so far imo can not see him ever being as good as Fraser. 

• If we sign JCH will there be any chance he will partner May or will May still be stuck out on the wing. 
    Michael Appleton won't play two strikers, never has, and likely never will. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 only it seems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Bit of a shit city though !
  • PWADDICK said:
    Posh forum saying JCH has turned us down in favour of a move abroad in the summer
    Smashing.
  • What a wonderful afternoon! 
  • If he's leaving the country, that could be agreed during this window. As far as I know, there's been no rumoured interest from clubs in other countries.
  • The house of cards comes tumbling down. 
  • Kyle Edwards had returned to Ipswich following his loan at Oxford due to injury. They were really impressed with him when he played. Believe he’s out of contract in the summer and is the perfect replacement for CBT.

A player who I will watch out for in the future and hope we go in for him.
  • Sheffield Wednesday getting Conor Coventry could apparently free up George Byers for a move. We should be all over that if it’s true 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Kyle Edwards had returned to Ipswich following his loan at Oxford due to injury. They were really impressed with him when he played. Believe he’s out of contract in the summer and is the perfect replacement for CBT.

A player who I will watch out for in the future and hope we go in for him.
    Only played 5 games this season due to injury, sounds like someone we’d sign!
  • NabySarr said:
    Sheffield Wednesday getting Conor Coventry could apparently free up George Byers for a move. We should be all over that if it’s true 
    Fun fact:

Made his senior debut in football against us for Watford when we lost 5-0 in January 2015, as we were waiting for a work permit for Guy Luzon to take us over. What a time that was as well!
  • Charlton miss out on top player shock v1. 
  • edited January 8
    No senior striker again Saturday then, unless May recovers.

(If true that JCH fancies playing abroad)
  • Could Gillesphey step into a Dobbo like role if need be? Only mention it as been said he is good on the ball and obviously defensively sound.
    Hasn't even signed yet and looking to play him out of position... Are you Apples in disguise? ;-p
  • As per my suspicions. I really do admire the unflinching optimism of some of you.