Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Just seen Jonathan Panzo is looking likely to be recalled from Cardiff by Notts Forest, left footed centre back
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just seen Jonathan Panzo is looking likely to be recalled from Cardiff by Notts Forest, left footed centre back
    Barely played for Cardiff. From London. Looks like the kind of player who could be a target. Turns 24 in October so Forest may want to move him on permanently. Physical beast on FM - tall, strong, quick etc.
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Just seen Jonathan Panzo is looking likely to be recalled from Cardiff by Notts Forest, left footed centre back
    Barely played for Cardiff. From London. Looks like the kind of player who could be a target. Turns 24 in October so Forest may want to move him on permanently. Physical beast on FM - tall, strong, quick etc.

Was he a Scott signing at Forest ? 

• edited January 8
    He's been an unused sub for Cardiff every game he's not played... So guessing he is "match fit"
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Signed in 2022, so I think he would have been a Scott signing, during Forest’s made summer window in 2022. Played a fair bit for Coventry last year, clearly hasn’t kicked on. 
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:

Signed in 2022, so I think he would have been a Scott signing, during Forest’s made summer window in 2022. Played a fair bit for Coventry last year, clearly hasn’t kicked on. 
    You would have thought he would deffo be on our Radar if thats the case 

• Born in Brockley so a local lad.

Played a lot in France and Belgium as well as England youth levels up to U21.

Also 6'1" so passes the CL height test, just.

Why haven't we signed him yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Panzo
  • Sponsored links:

• Panzo would be a hell of a signing at this level and someone who could make a tangible difference to our powderpuff defence, would also provide some cover for Tayo at LB 
  • Panzo would be an excellent addition , fits the bill as an LCB that would be known to Andy Scott as he signed him at Forest. Surprised he's struggled for games at Cardiff really because he looked good for Cov. 
  • Charlton’s Panzo division in defence?
  • Would be a very good signing that, and the type of players we should be going for, young and have a point to prove.. 
  • Panzo would be an interesting one
  • edited January 8
    PWADDICK said:
    Would be known by Scott (who may have originally recruited him ?)

Edit

Seen this has been covered above.
  • I would love Panzo ,.but suspect he would be another who has suitors elsewhere. 
  • Panzo  or Tommy ?

I know which tank I'd prefer 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Panzo would be an excellent addition , fits the bill as an LCB that would be known to Andy Scott as he signed him at Forest. Surprised he's struggled for games at Cardiff really because he looked good for Cov. 
    He would be known to Scott given they signed him when he was there, but Scott was head of scouting, not head of recruitment so not sure he was responsible for him signing.

Panzo was in the England U17 world cup winning squad that was managed by Steve Cooper so you'd assume it was Cooper who went for him, not Scott scouting him.
    Good sleuthing that 👍
  • Panzo  or Tommy ?

I know which tank I'd prefer 😉
    We are already Tommy tank in defence !
  • I think the delay with Gillesphey is us looking to see if there are better options following his medical / wage demands.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Plymouth bring in another CB, could be a sign that Gillesphey is stil happening?
    Left footed players are comparatively rare which is why they are sought after so much. Panzo sounds more exciting although if fit Gillesphey would fit the bill and allow us to play three at the back.

This is also why I wouldn't want Fraser leaving until a replacement is brought in otherwise we don't have any left footed players going forward.
  • Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Plymouth bring in another CB, could be a sign that Gillesphey is stil happening?
    Left footed players are comparatively rare which is why they are sought after so much. Panzo sounds more exciting although if fit Gillesphey would fit the bill and allow us to play three at the back.

This is also why I wouldn't want Fraser leaving until a replacement is brought in otherwise we don't have any left footed players going forward.
    Be nice if Scott considered using that left foot from time to time for something other than jogging 
  • New day, new week ahead. 

Catching up this morning there were just too many posts about other posters. It’s ugly. If someone is winding you up, how hard is it just to ignore and scroll past? Or if it’s a certain poster you can’t entertain, don’t read it in the first place?

Come on, let’s have a better week please. Thanks 
    could you of not put this in a more light hearted way ?
    Maybe with a survey Bert?
    ok
    Do you want peace and happiness on CL 

use quote for yes
    and Flag for no