Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I’m probably in the minority but I’m not too fussed if JCH doesn’t sign. I think he’s a bit like Kirk, DJ and Fraser to an extent in that he’s had a purple patch at one club and he’ll go elsewhere and be a flop, and an expensive flop at that. Add in that if we do pay 500k fee and 10k pw that he’s just coming here as his one last payday, look how that panned out for Taylor at Forest. Plus my lasting impression of him was the second leg of the play off semi finals at Sheffield Wednesday last season where he had a stinker and looked disinterested. The ball certainly never stuck up front.

I think with 500k and 10k pw that money can be better spent. As said I know I’m in a minority and if he does sign I truely hope I’m proved wrong.
    He was the top scorer in our league last year... comparing him to Dayeling Jayesemi is a bit silly
  • redbuttle said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I suspect this might come down to how much he thinks Shef Wed will be in the championship next season and if he wants to stay closer to home.. Finances are in our advantage from what I have heard. 

I understand we have moved for another left footed CB, I have no details on the identity of the player.. The gent from Plymouth isn't dead yet, but feels like the club won't be wait around! 
    According to reports our offer better then Sheff Wed .. and we are still front runners 
    The report was from @DubaiCAFC you 🍩 😂
    Yes but where us he getting his info about these transfers? 
    Ronnie Moore.
  • Just looked how Nombe is getting on at Rotherham

🥴
  • If we sign JCH will there be any chance he will partner May or will May still be stuck out on the wing. 
    Michael Appleton won't play two strikers, never has, and likely never will. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 only it seems.
    Why do we always seem to get these intransigent managers! Surely it's a major weakness to be so stubborn?
  • I’m probably in the minority but I’m not too fussed if JCH doesn’t sign. I think he’s a bit like Kirk, DJ and Fraser to an extent in that he’s had a purple patch at one club and he’ll go elsewhere and be a flop, and an expensive flop at that. Add in that if we do pay 500k fee and 10k pw that he’s just coming here as his one last payday, look how that panned out for Taylor at Forest. Plus my lasting impression of him was the second leg of the play off semi finals at Sheffield Wednesday last season where he had a stinker and looked disinterested. The ball certainly never stuck up front.

I think with 500k and 10k pw that money can be better spent. As said I know I’m in a minority and if he does sign I truely hope I’m proved wrong.
    He’s had more than a purple patch (see stats below) but his next move is going to be the biggest contract of his career so I get the concerns. For a player not known for his work rate there’s a risk he’d be happy to take a big 3/4 year contract but no longer have the hunger to push himself, aim for promotion etc. This isn’t like May, a player known for non-stop running and no doubt keeping himself very fit.

Can’t argue with JCHs scoring record, even includes a decent return in a Championship relegation season:

• follett said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    redbuttle said:
    Unfortunate news about Conor Coventry, but this isn't the first time we have done something like this, linked to some biggish names for our league and for it not to come to fruition. All well and good being linked but we have had that before. I understand of course he isn't Wednesdays player yet but it sounds like it may go that way.

In regards to the bid to JCH, I think we bid for Ivan Toney before for in excess of 4 million, which we didn't actually have the cash to do? 

Not accusing them of the same but we have had owners before that had us making noise and only to fall short. 

Still optimistic of course though and will have no option other than to wait to see if we get the players in we so desperately need. 
    Don't think we bid at all. It was all a fairy tale made up by MacAnthony and his new mate Southall.
    Cawley tweeted yesterday we have had a bid accepted didnt he? Don’t think he gets his info from MacAnthony
    Fee is agreed, I was told by a good friend that JCH wanted 10k a week from Rovers in the summer, sp will be surprised if it happens based on our salary average tbh
    We have London tax as well, so if he wanted 10k at Bristol he probably wants more here to accommodate the higher living costs
    A very pertinent consideration @follett , rents, car insurance and housing costs will be at least double.
  • Hard to see how this window can turn the season around without the arrival of someone like JCH. 

They have really oversold what they would be able to do this Jan and fear they're going to look very silly at the end of it.
  • I was pretty nonplussed by our alleged pursuit of Sam Nombe in the summer and pondered who I'd prefer between him and JCH. Well, Nombe has scored 2/22 for Rotherham, so he's not exactly set the house on fire. I think many of us want to see May partnered by a hefty forward, aka JCH in a 442 but that would mean selling CBT...who may yet decide to hang on until the summer for a free transfer. It does beg the question why a talented CF would choose to sign for us at the moment as we have already blown our season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JCH is not happening, let's move on.

Probably best we move onto plan B as soon as possible (Stephen Humphrys?)

Otherwise, we will end up w/ option C,D,E or F, as we usually do. Which does not bear thinking about given some of the absolute dreck we have brought in across previous windows.
  • Any chance of Ladapo?
  • edited January 8
    Didn't want him anyway, money grabbing git...sod him, hope he gets sunburn wherever he ends up!!🙄
  • It is only one player but if that is true I feel gutted, I know a few had their worries about him but for me JCH was about as good a signing as you could want for this level, has spent years banging in goals at this level and exactly what we miss upfront in his style of play.

The entire fanbase desperatly needs a lift to keep any enthusiam for the rest of this season and looking towards next, a "marquee" signing would have done that IMO. 

Hopefully it is not true as would love to see him in a Charlton shirt. 
  • The worst thing about JCH turning us down (if true) is that he'll go and score a hattrick against us on Saturday now.
  • edited January 8
    Only Charlton could sign last seasons top league one scorer, who is top scorer in league one at Christmas, a still be desperately scrabbling around trying to sign a striker in the January window. 

Any other side signing May would be top 6 if not top 2. 
  • edited January 8
    Only Charlton could sign last seasons top league one scorer, who is top scorer in league one at Christmas, a still be desperately scrabbling around trying to sign a striker in the January window. 

Any other side signing May would be top 6 if not top 2. 

Great as Alfie is...for want of trying, he can't do it all on his own...
  • The worst thing about JCH turning us down (if true) is that he'll go and score a hattrick against us Saturday ……

doubt it he currently nursing an injury which is why Peterbro are happy for the move to go ahead this week 
  • Peterborough’s version of Rich Cawley says “all quiet on the JCH front”.

Suspect he’d know about it if JCH had turned us down.

• Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    A lot of a meltdown on here over one post from a randomer on another fan's forum. I'd wait to see if you hear anything from trusted outlets before reacting.

Just going to say the same-thing .. anybody puts random rumours in this site they get unfairly attacked and bullied yet they believe a random poster on another site ????

look at this in context they say they were told on Sunday so that would mean JHC would have made his mind up on Friday before he even had spoken to Charlton about personal terms , also if this had any truth to it think various sites and RC would have picked it up by now ???? 
  • The poster on the Peterboro forum who started that rumour has posted on there three times in the last twelve months and there's no indication that they actually have any sort of contacts.
    Can you stop doing your own research please Callum, we don’t do that over here. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    If we sign JCH will there be any chance he will partner May or will May still be stuck out on the wing. 
    Michael Appleton won't play two strikers, never has, and likely never will. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 only it seems.
    Why do we always seem to get these intransigent managers! Surely it's a major weakness to be so stubborn?
    I don’t think it’s that bad. If you look at most successful teams in any division, they will mostly all play the same formation every week. 

The difference is that they actually have the players that suit it, and don’t end up playing their best player out of position to accommodate it 
  • I would regard posts on another teams forum to have as much veracity as any on here...  In other words, complete speculation, wind up or pure bollocks!

Early days, but the "consortium" are not ahead in my estimations yet.
  • Sorry I expect I've scrolled past it but who or where was it said he turned us down?