Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• DA9 said:
    Only on CL would you read a positive rumour that we have agreed a fee for a proven striker, a top target and coup to possibly attract him at this level, only to be met with indifference by some.
    Never happy some of you, I swear we could be in the mix for Haaland, Saka, Gomez and Grealish and fault would be found.

A proven striker who hasn't been a regular starter for his club this season ? I wonder why ? A coup to possibly attract him at this level ? The same level he's been playing at for years. 
    Met with indifference by some ? Why are Peterborough happy to let this proven striker leave
  • DA9 said:
    Only on CL would you read a positive rumour that we have agreed a fee for a proven striker, a top target and coup to possibly attract him at this level, only to be met with indifference by some.
    Never happy some of you, I swear we could be in the mix for Haaland, Saka, Gomez and Grealish and fault would be found.

A proven striker who hasn't been a regular starter for his club this season ? I wonder why ? A coup to possibly attract him at this level ? The same level he's been playing at for years. 
    Met with indifference by some ? Why are Peterborough happy to let this proven striker leave
    His contract runs out at the end of this season
    We're not happy Dobson and CBT will leave 
    It happens!
  • DA9 said:

It’s their club policy. If players won’t extend their contracts they put them on the transfer list once they have 1 year remaining. The club even put the list of players on their website.
  • Cautious on the pitch which causes us to drop points, cautious off the pitch which causes us to stand around with our dick in our hands most windows with a half baked squad, you can't say this not lot aren't consistent. VFR!!!

What more would you like them to do this window, offers made' they cannot make clubs and players sign until they are ready.

It's all very well making offers but the nitty gritty of negotiating with the players is when it can come unstuck.
  • Hard to imagine anyone failing a medical with us 
    I can think of an answer to this but it would be in very poor taste.
  • DA9 said:

Indifference by some, so what, unless it’s AS or MA, it doesn’t matter, it’s all about opinions otherwise., both of us could probably name a dozen players that you rate and I don’t, and visa versa 

who knows why he’s not played much, injury maybe, fell out with the club? although he did score a brace recently

At our current level and the state we are in it would be a coup, if he gets to be a free agent a championship club will sign him.

refusal to sign a new contract, and who says they are happy to let him leave?

• Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Be nice if we can get Stephen Humphreys in from Wigan as well - If he's linked.
    How many strikers do we need?! 
    None, we already have Kanu, May, Leaburn & Aneke That should be enough
    Kanu needs a loan, he's not ready yet. Kanu, along with Anderson, Asiimwe, Ness, Chin, Rylah, Casey, Mbick and Elewere.
    Casey and Mbick probably need another season of U21s Football... they're both still eligible for the FA Youth Cup

Send them on loan, either next season, or once we're out of that.
  • RedChaser said:
    Dizzle said:
    It’s Nixon, so take it as you will, but he says we are interested in Niall Ennis
    He’s was signed by Blackburn on a 4 year deal last May so presumably it would be a loan deal 🤷‍♂️

Local paper extract 15 December;

‘Ennis has been handed a series of setbacks. He arrived at the club with a groin injury, then picked up a knee complaint before suffering a hamstring issue in a recent Under-21s match. All of that has meant he's spent more time in the gym than at Ewood Park. After getting his first start on Tuesday, the aim for him is staying fit and available.’
    So another possible loan instead of a permanent.

One moment it feels like we're shopping at the top end of the available market trying to sign JCH apparently, and other various names mentioned such as Gillesphey and Coventry only to find that we're not even shopping at Poundland but seemingly attempting to raid rent-a-wreck for anything that moves and been recovering from a variety of bad injuries.

For all the media noise to date we've got 2 players on loan so far who have barely kicked a ball this season.
  • Last time I saw him play he was overweight, Slow and not mobile.
  • First big name signing is the hardest, we either need to be in a position as a club, that we have become viable promotion candidates or sign a player that makes others think wow.  Get one transfer coup done and others are more possible.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Does anyone believe this guff about decent players not being signed due to circumstances beyond the clubs's control despite the heroic efforts of Scott and the professional football people?

I am no expert in recruitment but I would imagine the primary objective is to recruit strong candidates not just leak information about how you tried to recruit them, offered big money, but in the end it was all too difficult and anyway we would probably be better off looking elsewhere.

Unfortunately there is no league table for clubs with the best press releases and information  management.

Deal isn't off as of yet.. But why should the club pay over the top? Pay him a stupid wage that might upset the rest of the squad? 

They are looking to spend money this January and in the summer.. But it isn't that easy to get deals over the line, and that's not only Charlton that is every club up and down the country! 
    They and their agents will know what he has been offered now and will play into their hands when coming to new deals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Does anyone believe this guff about decent players not being signed due to circumstances beyond the clubs's control despite the heroic efforts of Scott and the professional football people?

I am no expert in recruitment but I would imagine the primary objective is to recruit strong candidates not just leak information about how you tried to recruit them, offered big money, but in the end it was all too difficult and anyway we would probably be better off looking elsewhere.

Unfortunately there is no league table for clubs with the best press releases and information  management.

Deal isn't off as of yet.. But why should the club pay over the top? Pay him a stupid wage that might upset the rest of the squad? 

They are looking to spend money this January and in the summer.. But it isn't that easy to get deals over the line, and that's not only Charlton that is every club up and down the country! 
    They and their agents will know what he has been offered now and will play into their hands when coming to new deals. 
    100% JCH might also want to play Peterborough so they don't get any money out of it.. Time will tell.
  • Also think JCH will have to weigh up the risk/reward of waiting to become a free agent, one bad injury from now until then and those numbers his agent promises him come plummeting down
  • Cautious on the pitch which causes us to drop points, cautious off the pitch which causes us to stand around with our dick in our hands most windows with a half baked squad, you can't say this not lot aren't consistent. VFR!!!

What more would you like them to do this window, offers made' they cannot make clubs and players sign until they are ready.

It's all very well making offers but the nitty gritty of negotiating with the players is when it can come unstuck.
    I agree and neither of us know that our side is the problem. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JCH was offered a very good deal, and was happy.. But the agent is playing around, putting figures in his head of what he could get.. As I have said, I wasn't to fussed about him, I think we can get better long term signing for the money being laid out for him. I always thought it looked like, trying to get the fans onside type of signing. 
    The agent isn’t wrong though, he will make a lot more money for JCH if he moves in the summer. And I’m sure we will still be interested then so it’s not like this is his only chance to move to us. Even with our very good deal we will probably offer him more in the summer because we won’t have to pay the £500k fee 
  • Actions(that deliver) not words(excuses)

Club is at the worst it has ever been, no joy at all this season, ever dwindling crowds, losing the next generation of fans, if it is not to be on JCH then they must do something to show that next season will be different. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Joe Taylor is an interesting one to maybe keep an eye on. Linked to Bolton too , but not entirely sure why with Charles,Adeboyejo , Bodvasson and Jerome all there as senior strikers. 
    Lincoln have ‘won the race’ apparently 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

You can get any deal done at anytime, you’ve just gotta come up with the money.  

I personally think it’ll be a travesty if we let this one go, we have the opportunity to start next season with the third tiers best two attacking players.  

Anything about JCH’s age and “attitude” is nonsense the geeza is a menace and just the sort of player we’ve been crying out for.  
    The problem is though, we’re not playing with Monopoly money.

JCH is well within his rights to see what comes up here or abroad before making a decision, and JCH won’t be the reason we don’t improve next season. It will be failure to acquire a replacement as well as 7 or 8 other positions we need improvement over the next 2 windows.

• MarcusH26 said:
    Joe Taylor is an interesting one to maybe keep an eye on. Linked to Bolton too , but not entirely sure why with Charles,Adeboyejo , Bodvasson and Jerome all there as senior strikers. 
    Lincoln have ‘won the race’ apparently 

Makes sense , they haven't got many forward options on their books and have had injuries.