Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Can anyone point to me where Andy Scott said every January signing we make will be a permanent that will be able to go into the squad straight away.

To be honest going on their previous record for loans, I don’t trust either of these to be any good - but I can certainly see Fiorini (if he is) being part of planning for next season which we would be naive not to be doing. 

He said at Bromley Addicks meeting he wanted to sign permanent players and wanted ones that didn't see Charlton as the limit of their career but ones that thought they were better but he persuaded to join us and go on our journey... Or words to that effect.  The words I think he actually used were he didn't want players who wanted to play for Charlton.
    Yep, that was how I interpreted his comments that night.
  • Can anyone point to me where Andy Scott said every January signing we make will be a permanent that will be able to go into the squad straight away.

To be honest going on their previous record for loans, I don’t trust either of these to be any good - but I can certainly see Fiorini (if he is) being part of planning for next season which we would be naive not to be doing. 

He said at Bromley Addicks meeting he wanted to sign permanent players and wanted ones that didn't see Charlton as the limit of their career but ones that thought they were better but he persuaded to join us and go on our journey... Or words to that effect.  The words I think he actually used were he didn't want players who wanted to play for Charlton.
    The point he made was that no longer will we sign young players or players that are just using us to get fit .. only loans that will advantage us going forward like the two we have brought in both with options of signing permanently …if they prove themselves it’s a win win 
  • CBT is out of contract in the summer isn’t he? Would be silly not to cash in and sell him in a dead season. Dobson too really, but can’t see that one happening. 

Either way, they won’t be here next season and neither will Leaburn. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JHC has been offered 10k a week, apparently he is keen, but agent holding out for more. 

Coventry both us and Shef Wed have put good offers on the on the table, apparently we have offered more. 
    How can we afford that if we were struggling for FFP due to wages in the summer? hmm? 
    Were we ?? 

Where was that stated in the summer  ??
    The line was pushed most of August and September when, after the intial purchases, we were still woefully short after releasing 8 players last summer. 
  • edited January 7
    Can anyone point to me where Andy Scott said every January signing we make will be a permanent that will be able to go into the squad straight away.

The point he made was that no longer will we sign young players or players that are just using us to get fit .. only loans that will advantage us going forward like the two we have brought in both with options of signing permanently …if they prove themselves it’s a win win 
    The only ‘option’ is with Bakinson and that’s because he’s out of contract in the summer so in effect every team in the PL and EFL have an ‘option’ on him.
  • There was a rumour that we was paying Tedic £11k a week, football manager also suggests this (could be bollocks)

So paying JCH this instead will be a slight upgrade… 
  • edited January 7
    Can anyone point to me where Andy Scott said every January signing we make will be a permanent that will be able to go into the squad straight away.

Hate to break this to you Colin but you weren't there and even if you had been you wouldn't have understood what was said
    I wanted to both lol and like this but as I’m still chuckling you got the lol Henners 😉, Oh and does Clive H know he’s won the lottery 😁.
  • Sponsored links:

• JordanJLD said:
    There was a rumour that we was paying Tedic £11k a week, football manager also suggests this (could be bollocks)

I expect the rumour probably came from football manager. 
  • Tedic could probably be on £11k at City but I doubt we were paying that much of it. 

Just checking, did he really say that he didn’t want players who wanted to play for Charlton, or did he only want players who wanted to play for Charlton.
  • JordanJLD said:
    There was a rumour that we was paying Tedic £11k a week, football manager also suggests this (could be bollocks)

Sauce: footie manager hahaha
  • JordanJLD said:

I expect the rumour probably came from football manager. 
    Yeah I honestly wouldn’t believe the wage structure from Football Manager. I’m a researcher for them and it’s pure guesswork. Tedic is apparently on 15,000 at city and it was put down that we’re paying around 70/80% of that, which I find hard to believe 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JHC has been offered 10k a week, apparently he is keen, but agent holding out for more. 

Coventry both us and Shef Wed have put good offers on the on the table, apparently we have offered more. 
    How can we afford that if we were struggling for FFP due to wages in the summer? hmm? 
    Kirk and Fraser off the books covers it
  • sam3110 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Kirk and Fraser off the books covers it
    We paid Kirk off so that is money spent and Fraser hasn't gone yet. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Tedic could probably be on £11k at City but I doubt we were paying that much of it. 
    His city contract is 15k a week and we were paying the majority so 11k is probably about right. Shocking when you consider how shit he  was.

Wow that's absolutely shocking. I'm staggered we were paying the majority of his wages given his production. Now potentially paying JCH 10k a week makes a bit more sense in terms of wages available. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CBT is out of contract in the summer isn’t he? Would be silly not to cash in and sell him in a dead season. Dobson too really, but can’t see that one happening. 

It’s not a dead season.

We sell one of our best players and go down? No thanks.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Tedic could probably be on £11k at City but I doubt we were paying that much of it. 
    His city contract is 15k a week and we were paying the majority so 11k is probably about right. Shocking when you consider how shit he  was.
    Find it hard to believe that we paid this much….or that Barnsley did last season when they had him on loan.

Nearer £2k a week feels more about right.
  • I could be wrong but I believe that Dobson and CBT's contract situation hinges on the progress that Charlton make. By that I mean, bringing players in to give this club every chance of promotion from this division. They both have a good career ahead of them but another year in this division and their time might be gone. I think that if they see some positive moves then there is chance they will stay, if not, then I wouldn't blame them at all for exercising their option to leave. 

It’s not a dead season.

We sell one of our best players and go down? No thanks.
    Good point. I forgot about the excitement of the imminent relegation battle. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Agreed, mad isn’t it!
  • Any truth JCH is having a medical with us tomorrow?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    That is unbelievable.