Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup šŸ†1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• Options
    Alright. Well done Micky. I no longer like you.Ā 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    His got no choice but to take the blame it was him who picked the side we could have told him thatĀ 

• Options
    "South London minnows earn a draw at the valley....
    Cray valley paper mills played their part to!"

On Palace/Millwall forums up & down the land no doubt. :-(
  • Options
    We're hopeless without Blackett-Taylor and/or Aneke. Very little presence up front. That's got to be addressed in January.Ā 
  • Options
    We've got another opportunity to put it right and hopefully we will.Ā  Positive there Apples.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Absolutely dreadful performance from firstly the manager for picking that starting 11Ā 
    & Secondly the team for not being able to beat Cray
    If they can't even do that what are these players doing in our squad?
    OK we will win the replay but that's not the point it's just another game we could do withoutĀ 
    Total disgraceĀ 
    We will win the replay ????
    Yea no problem he won't make that mistake again & we will start with our strongest 11
    We put on Miles, May (canā€™t remember who else) and it had no effect - Iā€™m not saying we wonā€™t win the replay, but to say WE WILL, thatā€™s a punchy commentĀ 
    With the changes your right we should have won that easy they was on for enough time
    & just now it's hard to see past how shit we was & playing at their ground will definitely go in their favourĀ 
    But we will win I have no doubt about thatĀ 

Iā€™ve just screenshot your reply - hopefully I donā€™t have to deploy it after the replay !!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    At least May and Leaburn are cup tied so maybe that is a positive.
    Appleton is a major negative after today in my eyes.
    I have not seen the media but I suspect Appleton will blame it on the players whilst over heaping praise on Cray Valley Paper Mills.

Ā What excuse did he come up with?

Anything other than...

"In my arrogance, and with disrespect to our opponents and our fans, and the TV audience, I made eleven changes. Clearly Cray Valley Paper Mills were laughing at such a stupid decision because it was always going to weaken us and give them a decent chance against an unsettled and unfamiliar team.
    I realise now what was clear to others it was the wrong thing to do, I am ashamed, and ashamed that I have humiliated Charlton Athletic today. I can't change what has occurred, but maybe it would help if I paid for all the Charlton fans today to attend the replay wherever it is held, and for that game I intend to field the strongest team possible. Another alternative is to tend my resignation, and if I am obliged to leave immediately with no pay off I would accept that decision."

...would in my eyes make him deluded.
    You wasted minutes of your life [again] typing this.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Wellred said:
    LouisMend said:
    His got no choice but to take the blame it was him who picked the side we could have told him thatĀ 

ā€˜A little bit more from some of themā€™ it says in that article.Ā 

Thats simply inaccurate.Ā 

A lot more from all of them is what was needed.Ā 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    At least May and Leaburn are cup tied so maybe that is a positive.
    Appleton is a major negative after today in my eyes.
    I have not seen the media but I suspect Appleton will blame it on the players whilst over heaping praise on Cray Valley Paper Mills.

Ā What excuse did he come up with?

Anything other than...

"In my arrogance, and with disrespect to our opponents and our fans, and the TV audience, I made eleven changes. Clearly Cray Valley Paper Mills were laughing at such a stupid decision because it was always going to weaken us and give them a decent chance against an unsettled and unfamiliar team.
    I realise now what was clear to others it was the wrong thing to do, I am ashamed, and ashamed that I have humiliated Charlton Athletic today. I can't change what has occurred, but maybe it would help if I paid for all the Charlton fans today to attend the replay wherever it is held, and for that game I intend to field the strongest team possible. Another alternative is to tend my resignation, and if I am obliged to leave immediately with no pay off I would accept that decision."

...would in my eyes make him deluded.

How come? It wasn't a 'must win'. In your usual definition he's therefore done fine.Ā 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have the leagues top goal scorer & we leave him on the bench.Ā 

Then when we bring him on we play him on the wing.

Yet another clueless manager.Ā 
    Those goals heā€™s scoredā€¦ you realise most of them have come from playing in a deeper position?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    That starting 11 should have been good enough to easily win.

BUT the attitude had to be right. I thought we started the second half slowly, whereas they really gave it a go. Once they got the goal, they were further lifted, while we got worse when we tried to chase the gameĀ 
    Agree. But half that starting eleven couldn't give a fuck
    Ā Message for Andy Scott. Our squad is not good enough.
    Message for Andy Scott, "f*** off".
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

BUT the attitude had to be right. I thought we started the second half slowly, whereas they really gave it a go. Once they got the goal, they were further lifted, while we got worse when we tried to chase the gameĀ 
    And miss his input for the January transfer window? šŸ˜†
  • Options
    I hope all of you who wanted us to put out a weakened team are happy with themselves.Ā 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Donā€™t disagree with any of Appletonā€™s post match comments having had a listen.Ā 

Bit disingenuous to post the tweet and say ā€œonly 3 or 4ā€ when he clearly said ā€œ3-4, maybe moreā€.

Short of listing specific players Iā€™m not sure what more people want.
    He said he expected more from 3 or 4, maybe more.Ā 

So he listed a starting 11 knowing that 5+ of the players would be terrible?Ā 
  • Options
    a new low for Charla new low for charltonĀ 
  • Options
    Itā€™s clear that Ness and Thomas arenā€™t good enough for a side hoping to get top six. Hector has been a huge fuck up this season too. We must bring in another CB in January. Weā€™ve got three iffy keepers and injuries to two key players in Camara and Aneke. I doubt weā€™ll see either again this season. Weā€™ll be way out of things by the time we can get any bodies through the door. Another dead season before Christmas.Ā 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Absolutely, every one of his signings are crap apart from Louie Watson and maybe the other Watson, not forgetting he would not have signed Alfie May.
  • Options
    Donā€™t disagree with any of Appletonā€™s post match comments having had a listen.Ā 

Bit disingenuous to post the tweet and say ā€œonly 3 or 4ā€ when he clearly said ā€œ3-4, maybe moreā€.

Short of listing specific players Iā€™m not sure what more people want.
    He said he expected more from 3 or 4, maybe more.Ā 

So he listed a starting 11 knowing that 5+ of the players would be terrible?Ā 
    He put them in because he expected them to be good enough to win the game.Ā 

How are you equating his comments to ā€œhe knew 5+ of the players would be terribleā€?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Because every single player today was terrible and didn't stand out against non-league opposition.Ā 

Appleton comes out and says he only expected more from 3-4 of them, maybe a couple more. So what about the rest?Ā 
  • Options
    Many moons ago I played against Tonbridge Angels in a friendly (we got battered) this lot are below them in the pyramid! To say that is a bad result is the understatement of the year