Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Leuth said:
    "A new low for Charlton", "lowest moment in the club's history"

lol get a grip, it's just the fucking cup, in a month none of you will remember this game. we won at Wigan in the last game that really mattered, christ. and sure we were terrible today; we'll win the replay, we've learnt never to let certain individuals on the pitch for us again, all in all it's a momentary stinker. the amount of negative hyperbole I'm seeing is ridiculous! i'm much sadder when we lose a league game, this is just quite funny above all

Almost... 🙂
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Everyone comparing this to Northwich...there's a much better comparison - Dagenham & Redbridge. I was at that one. It was fucking shocking, many of you will recall we needed an 87th minute deflected equaliser. Our manager? Curbs. It can happen 
    If only we were a premier league team having an off day, instead of a piss average pile of wank who occasionally have a Chuks Aneke good day
    They were also in the Conference (National League) and not midtable in the Isthmian League South East Division. 
    But where were we?
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Fuck me, the rant brigade are in full meltdown tonight.   
    It’s arguably the worst result in our clubs history. What do you expect?
    The worst result  will be where we lose the replay!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Everyone comparing this to Northwich...there's a much better comparison - Dagenham & Redbridge. I was at that one. It was fucking shocking, many of you will recall we needed an 87th minute deflected equaliser. Our manager? Curbs. It can happen 
    If only we were a premier league team having an off day, instead of a piss average pile of wank who occasionally have a Chuks Aneke good day
    They were also in the Conference (National League) and not midtable in the Isthmian League South East Division. 
    But where were we?
    Kinda shows how far we've fallen and why games like this are so depressing no? That we're having competitive draws with slightly above pub level. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Croydon said:
    Because every single player today was terrible and didn't stand out against non-league opposition. 

Appleton comes out and says he only expected more from 3-4 of them, maybe a couple more. So what about the rest? 
    Some of them were fine (5-6/10) and no one played well. To say every player was terrible is IMO reactionary bollocks.

Could’ve put Erling Haaland in that team and he wouldn’t have been able to carry half a dozen wasters.

Who do you think gave a 6/10 performance? Other than Chem
    Walker, Edun, Thomas, McGrandles, Fraser, Tedic were all fine or had their moments of decent play from what I saw.

I didn’t think Chem was that good either. With the amount of touches he had, he should’ve done more with it.
    Walker? Seriously? 

He only had a few things to do and he made a meal of every single thing - that punch out instead of catching it? Almost spilled at least two other simple catches. I guess he did a half decent goal kick at one point maybe?
    He had one save to make from a free kick. Their player hit it deliberately to swerve and make it really hard to catch. Walker smartly punched it away from harm.

He tries to catch that and it bobbles in the net, we’ve seen it before.
    gonna have to agree to disagree there mate I think he was terrible and my heart was in my mouth every time he touched the ball - thankfully it wasn't many times - there was also the very simple catch which he couldn't keep in his hands and had to pat down almost at the feet of an attacking player (the commentators very kindly called it "casual" it wasn't - he just couldn't catch it properly.)

If he does that kind of stuff against a better quality of opposition then we would get punished. 

edit also I think we are talking about two different incidents with the punching - he came bowling out to punch clear (from a ball into the box i think) instead of catching it - don't think it was the free kick, although i may be misremembering.
  • Options
    Been working today and watched a replay without knowing the score.

All I can say is F**k off Appleton - you're a moron starting that team.

And even more, f**k off Kirk once and for all. Any charlton manager ever selecting him again should be sacked immediately.
  • Options
    I watched that on fast forward in about 20 minutes and it was still a load of rubbish. Had enough possessions and chance in the first half to put the game well beyond reach. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    But where were we?
    Not playing in an empty stadium every week, in a shit league, with a load of fucking dickheads for players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I've just seen a worse miss than Kirk's on MOTD from Darwin Nunes v Luton.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Hal1x said:
    I think we can safely say that Tedic, Kirk, McGrandles, Edun and possibly Ness are a waste of space, time and money and need to be got shot off, and quickly.
    McGrandles wasn't poor, he looked ok. When was the last time he played? August?

edun, also rusty

kirk, I've really wanted him to do well but that was one of the worst performances I've seen in a Charlton shirt. 
    Cant remember McGrandles doing anything. Theres a reason these players are rusty they are either injury prone or not getting selected because they are crap, and no other team wants them on loan
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Because every single player today was terrible and didn't stand out against non-league opposition. 

Appleton comes out and says he only expected more from 3-4 of them, maybe a couple more. So what about the rest? 
    Some of them were fine (5-6/10) and no one played well. To say every player was terrible is IMO reactionary bollocks.

Could’ve put Erling Haaland in that team and he wouldn’t have been able to carry half a dozen wasters.

Who do you think gave a 6/10 performance? Other than Chem
    Walker, Edun, Thomas, McGrandles, Fraser, Tedic were all fine or had their moments of decent play from what I saw.

I didn’t think Chem was that good either. With the amount of touches he had, he should’ve done more with it.
    Those players were not okay, before you even factor in the opposition.
  • Options
    Look, we've done all the minor chat, let's get onto the serious business now: after CBT broke the curse of the 23 shirt, do we now have to consider whether the 10 shirt is cursed? Ever since BWP used up all the luck in it and became rubbish for us we've had Sordell (lost), Moussa (absent), Ceballos (lol), Ajose (awful), Clarke (crippled), Parker (goalless), Aneke (mega-crippled), Albie (Albie) and now Fraser is rubbish. Might need to burn it
  • Options
    I feel for all the Charlton fans going to work in an office tomorrow, getting ripped to pieces on that embarrassing performance and result.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth and oohaah: the duality of Addicks
    I normally have a bit of a rule I work to that people who talk about themselves in the third person are complete and utter bellends. It's a rule that's served Off_it very well thus far.
    That's interesting, cos my rule is that people who come onto threads just to talk shit about other posters - having not made any other comments relevant to the thread - are usually insufferable twats, and it serves me well in the main.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I think I've just seen a worse miss than Kirk's on MOTD from Darwin Nunes v Luton.

Was it as bad as Michael Cheek for Bromley against Blackpool ?
    He will never have missed an easier chance in his successful National League career.
  • Options
    Look, we've done all the minor chat, let's get onto the serious business now: after CBT broke the curse of the 23 shirt, do we now have to consider whether the 10 shirt is cursed? Ever since BWP used up all the luck in it and became rubbish for us we've had Sordell (lost), Moussa (absent), Ceballos (lol), Ajose (awful), Clarke (crippled), Parker (goalless), Aneke (mega-crippled), Albie (Albie) and now Fraser is rubbish. Might need to burn it
    I literally can't believe I liked this post after the Naby slander 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth and oohaah: the duality of Addicks
    I normally have a bit of a rule I work to that people who talk about themselves in the third person are complete and utter bellends. It's a rule that's served Off_it very well thus far.
    That's interesting, cos my rule is that people who come onto threads just to talk shit about other posters - having not made any other comments relevant to the thread - are usually insufferable twats, and it serves me well in the main.
    Off_it has been out and away from his laptop until now. So it's the first chance Off_it has had to make any comment about anything at all and he is still working his way through the various posts.

That alright with you?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Was it as bad as Michael Cheek for Bromley against Blackpool ?
    He will never have missed an easier chance in his successful National League career.
    Hmm, that's a good point, although in Cheek's defence it was a quick rebound. Kirk and Nunes didn't have that mitigation
  • Options
    Very strong bench.

Glad we're taking it seriously and respecting Cray Valley, especially having CBT available - Although a little disappointed we wont see any other youngsters.

Going for a 4-0 win... Hope Cray get a goal though
    As I predicted a 4-1 win, I really hope Cray get a consolation goal  ;)
    Well Cray Valley did their part of the bargain...
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed the game. Hats off to Cray who had a great night out, one they’ll never forget (or surpass I suspect). 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Quite enjoyed the game. Hats off to Cray who had a great night out, one they’ll never forget (or surpass I suspect). 
    Well, you say that .... but there's still the replay to come ........ :-(