Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• Shameful from Appleton - what a fool
    Nothing to do with him...get them players to have a fucking look at themselves. They should be smashing this team and whilst they worked hard, we should have put it too bed.
    Naive line up, many called it before a ball was kicked

Naive of him to think the players have the minerals to take on an Isthmanian League team and win? Need to remember there's 2 "Premier League" players in that starting line-up

That's no disrespect to Cray, but this should just be a fantastic day out for them, with a good reception from everyone in the ground and leaving with the memories. Not a fuckin replay

Seriously think there's a lot of complacency within the squad and it shows when we have a small decent run, play "smaller" clubs or even go in front early on in a game. 

• ct_addick said:
    Shows what level even our younger players are at

not good enough to beat 10th tier team from the football pyramid

10th tier teams aren't even allowed in the FA Cup.

They're 8th tier
  • Just to complete my feelings of anger and humiliation, I just realised that I could have been watching David Suchet as Hercule Poirot instead.

Even with possibly less than spectacular performances, reliable entertainment.
  • Shameful from Appleton - what a fool
    Nothing to do with him...get them players to have a fucking look at themselves. They should be smashing this team and whilst they worked hard, we should have put it too bed.
    Absolute nonsense. What style did we turn up with here?

I didn't see our players not trying. I saw them lacking any ideas how to break down a team working hard. 

Without CBT to unlock the defence what do we have?
    They are professional players. Even if you can't play as a team, individually they should be better. 

These players train as a unit all week...this team played Wigan off the park and then they go to shit against this team and that's MAs fault. Can you honeslty say we worked harder than Cray?

No professionalism at all and they didn't give Cray the respect they deserved and they got there draw. 

• Anyone want to disagree playing you first eleven from the start. 
    Cheers we now have another unwanted match now at The Den I would have thought.
    Anyone who wants a ticket will get one.
  • Dreadful performance, you only have to look at the Player's Marks, says it all! There was No Desire out there, Chem Campbell was the only individual who showed any passion! Kirk should be banned from the training ground, and as for the goalkeeper who has signed on a short deal, how poor was he, couldn't even catch the ball. It's been said before, but what the hell goes on at Sparrows Lane I don't know!!!
  • Can’t help thinking if we’d have had 11 in the first half, rather than 10 and Kirk, we’d have been away 
    Kirk is stealing a living - utter joke of a professional footballer - how on earth did he ever make professional - I am foaming at the mouth this evening about Charlton today - disgusting - and my WhatsApp is pinging like fucking crazy, from ‘mates’ of mine who are Spanners, Palshit and Wet Spam - I’m not even looking at the messages, but I know what they will be saying 
  • Ridiculous that we never looked like winning.  

But most of all, Kirk must never play in a Charlton shirt again.   

Expect us to win the replay by at least two goals 
 but I said that today 😆
  • Sponsored links:

• IAgree said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Had apples picked anyone other than Kirk we’d likely have gone in 3-0 up and would have gone on to overwhelm Cray. 
    That’s down to apples, no one else, everybody knew the performance we were all going to see from Shirk. A classic. 
    Might as well start the Apples out thread then 
    Today won't get many fans on his side. I hate it when our managers disrespect this competition. I don't think even Bowyer changed all 11 when we played in the F.a cup and he hated the competition. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Reminder: our U18s beat Cray Valley 3-2 in August.

We fielded eleven full time professionals that should have had far too much for them.

Appleton massively let down by the players on the day.
    Shouldn’t be making 11 changes either 
    Why not? Individually every player that started today’s game for us would be, on paper, Cray’s best player.

Should have started with the big guns like May and Leaburn who were on the pitch for 20 minutes and didn’t manage to do anything either?
    Kirk wouldn’t.
    I’d take any of theirs instead of Kirk, even the fat keeper
    Show me a Cray Valley player that has over 200 EFL appearances and over 30 EFL goals and I’ll admit they have an individual player better than Charlie Kirk.
    All their players are better than Kirk, he is a useless piece of shit.
  • Can we start a petition to say that our manager and players don't deserve a replay, and that in our shame and disgust as supporters we prefer to let our neighbours Cray Valley go through?
  • will the replay be on TV
    Be very surprised if it isn't...
    They'd be hopeful for a proper upset after that.
  • I think we can safely say that Tedic, Kirk, McGrandles, Edun and possibly Ness are a waste of space, time and money and need to be got shot off, and quickly.
  • IAgree said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Had apples picked anyone other than Kirk we’d likely have gone in 3-0 up and would have gone on to overwhelm Cray. 
    That’s down to apples, no one else, everybody knew the performance we were all going to see from Shirk. A classic. 
    Might as well start the Apples out thread then 
    Today won't get many fans on his side. I hate it when our managers disrespect this competition. I don't think even Bowyer changed all 11 when we played in the F.a cup and he hated the competition. 
    Bowyer never had a squad of 22 full time professionals that all need minutes.

The team he picked should’ve won 3-0, 4-0, 5-0. They didn’t. I’m sure Appleton is letting them know that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we start a petition to say that our manager and players don't deserve a replay, and that in our shame and disgust as supporters we prefer to let our neighbours Cray Valley go through?
    Where do i sign?
  • 7. Beaten to a pulp.
    8. Don’t have to read between the lines to see Appleton’s not happy.
  • aliwibble said:
    will the replay be on TV
    Be very surprised if it isn't...
    They'd be hopeful for a proper upset after that.
    Except, it would not be an upset....
  • seth plum said:
    Appleton changed all 11. We have been humiliated and it is because of that. Top marks to Cray Valley Paper Mills,
    I said pre match they would be no mugs and would maximise what they had. Our fans digging out their keeper look like mugs too, he made three or four good saves.
    Quite. We gave him a night off really. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I know Man City sign loads of these types of players that never make any impact on their first team but what on earth did they see in Tedic? 
    I didn't realise that he'd been there since 2019 and they paid millions for him. What were they thinking?
  • Same Shit on a different Day, Wankers !!!! 👌👌👌👌