Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• Is it time for Andy Scott to give them another roasting?
    Seemed to work last time
  • I can see why Hector doesn’t get dropped now. Need a centre back in January 
  • Can’t help thinking if we’d have had 11 in the first half, rather than 10 and Kirk, we’d have been away 
  • limeygent said:
    This one's down to Appleton.
    Have a day off. Did you want him to go full strength against a pub team? 

Team he selected should have been enough to be comfortable. They were shit. End of. 
    He selected Kirk.
  • NabySarr said:
    I can see why Hector doesn’t get dropped now. Need a centre back in January 
    CB, LB and a couple of wingers minimum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had apples picked anyone other than Kirk we’d likely have gone in 3-0 up and would have gone on to overwhelm Cray. 
    That’s down to apples, no one else, everybody knew the performance we were all going to see from Shirk. A classic. 
  • This performance and result shows our strength in depth is fucking shit 
    It says more about our mentality than ability and the mentality is fragile at all levels of the first team squad.

It’s the same issue as saw us clinging on mid week and always losing after conceding first. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    NabySarr said:
    I can see why Hector doesn’t get dropped now. Need a centre back in January 
    CB, LB and a couple of wingers minimum.
    We don’t need wingers .  We need defenders , someone influential in midfield and a striker .
  • Gotta suffer watching another 90 mins of that

will they be allowed to stage the game at Badgers? (serious question)?
.it’s only got 2 turnstiles 
  • Can I just point out that despite the woeful finishing early on in the second half, at least we were creating chances. 

Once May and Leaburn were on, we barely created anything
  • Appleton changed all 11. We have been humiliated and it is because of that. Top marks to Cray Valley Paper Mills,
    I said pre match they would be no mugs and would maximise what they had. Our fans digging out their keeper look like mugs too, he made three or four good saves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    Had apples picked anyone other than Kirk we’d likely have gone in 3-0 up and would have gone on to overwhelm Cray. 
    That’s down to apples, no one else, everybody knew the performance we were all going to see from Shirk. A classic. 
    Might as well start the Apples out thread then 
  • Croydon said:
    Abankwah, Ness, Thomas, Anderson, Fraser, Kirk, T Watson, Edun, and Tedic all utterly utterly pathetic. 117 league places below us and we never made a mark on the game.

I'd genuinely be looking at fines and transfer listings after that. Unacceptable. 
    The keeper looks crap too
  • Shows what level even our younger players are at

not good enough to beat 10th tier team from the football pyramid

• For me that showed that the players in that bit and pieces first 11 tonight are no where good enough to get into the first team. Unfortunately due to the smallest of the squad some of them actually do. 
    We are nor going to get near the top 6 in  the league.
  • Don't really mind the result that much - a replay gets them some money and gives our fringe players minutes.  That's as long as we win the replay, of course.

But the performance was poor. 
    ‘Poor’ - fuck me - what were you watching - that was fucking appalling 
    Didn't say it was good, did I?
  • Think I might be the only Charlton fan wishing that we do not score in those final seconds as CV deserve a reply after that performance.