Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• How many of us joked to ourselves that we might hold on for a draw when Fraser scored?

Any half decent player, out of contract in the Summer, would be a fool to stay.

We're not even organised enough to be a pitiful shambles.

That said, thank you all for the updates, the only good thing about this match (other than seeing Kevin Lisbie again).
  • will the replay be on TV
    Think it's nailed on isn't it? 
    Would anyone watch it if it was...🙄
  • Appleton better be honest post match and say we were poor and his selection was poor. 

If he comes out with the usual nonsense he isn’t credible. 
  • That starting 11 should have been good enough to easily win.

BUT the attitude had to be right. I thought we started the second half slowly, whereas they really gave it a go. Once they got the goal, they were further lifted, while we got worse when we tried to chase the game 
  • Appleton creates a humiliation. There are no excuses.
  • The players out there should have been more than capable winning today, not down to Appleton. I'm not convinced by him but not getting a clear win is just pathetic 
  • Totally embarrassing, now we’ve got another game we could do without. I’d play the u18 team next time. If we go through so be it. If not,  fuck it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    will the replay be on TV
    Of course... Its not just about clamouring for tickets to Old Trafford or Wembley
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Thanks everyone, let’s carry on here with what is sure to be a glorious post-match thread!
    Better rename it the "Sweary Mary Thread".

This thread should only be available after the watershed.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Reminder: our U18s beat Cray Valley 3-2 in August.

We fielded eleven full time professionals that should have had far too much for them.

Appleton massively let down by the players on the day.
    Shouldn’t be making 11 changes either 
    Why not? Individually every player that started today’s game for us would be, on paper, Cray’s best player.

Should have started with the big guns like May and Leaburn who were on the pitch for 20 minutes and didn’t manage to do anything either?
    Kirk wouldn’t.
    I’d take any of theirs instead of Kirk, even the fat keeper
  • Pathetic performance
..Ness should never play for us again
.he is a gormless waste of space

one of the worst center half performances I have seen
  • On the bright side surely that must have got the message through to Appleton that fucking about with the line up, or not taking early action to replace a player when he’s having a shit game, is not acceptable.

He better get it right at Fratton Park
  • Fumbluff said:
    Anyone surprised that a poor lower league manager gets poor results?
    Seriously??
  • supaclive said:
    It isn't Appleton's fault
    He didn't sign Abankwah, Campbell, Ness, Taylor, Edun, Fraser etc

We simply have no bollocks
    No depth 
    No pride to do a professional job
    We have plenty of bollocks, just about everything that happened on the pitch was utter bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• DDOUBLEE said:

We fielded eleven full time professionals that should have had far too much for them.

Why not? Individually every player that started today’s game for us would be, on paper, Cray’s best player.

Should have started with the big guns like May and Leaburn who were on the pitch for 20 minutes and didn’t manage to do anything either?
    I personally prefer to play a stronger team than that from the off then make changes at 2/3-0. We know Kirk is useless, Tedic below average, Ness a liability. I can’t believe any of us or Appleton needed any reassurance of that before today.
  • Was Abankwah that bad? I thought he was one of the brighter ones first half. Admittedly with next to zero competition. Campbell and Anderson probably the other two that played with something close to the energy required. 

It’s the more “senior” players that need to take the biggest share of blame for that. Fraser as captain an absolute joke. Kirk pulling out of challenges that were 80:20 in his favour. McGrandles invisible. Tedic jogging everywhere.

We didn’t even look any fitter than them. 

• I'll say it again, theres not a veterans team in the country that would let Charlie Kirk get anywhere near their first team!
  • seth plum said:
    Appleton creates a humiliation. There are no excuses.
    You must be absolutely delighted

• People defending Appleton. 

He’s employed to manage - end of 

he put out a weakened side, if there not good enough jog them on down the road, don’t wanna be here can do one. 

There professional players should of seen them off and couldn’t - useless as per usual clubs an embarrassment 
  • Feels like a lot of our fans are only focusing on the negatives.
    We've already been through the positives.
  • Fumbluff said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

Kirk wouldn’t.
    I’d take any of theirs instead of Kirk, even the fat keeper
    Show me a Cray Valley player that has over 200 EFL appearances and over 30 EFL goals and I’ll admit they have an individual player better than Charlie Kirk.
  • Well done Cray Valley. I think they deserved a draw. Disappointing from us. Was expecting more. 
    Of course... Its not just about clamouring for tickets to Old Trafford or Wembley
    Sure there ain't another Grand prix due FA...😉