Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• Really poor. Really really poor.

All clearly not good enough. Against part timers. Each of them need to take a look in the mirror.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    This has been worse than Northwich in my opinion.
    No way. We were fully outplayed there and even worse, we lost.
    They were probably 50 players further up the pyramid at least. This is 10,000 times more embarrassing.

Honestly on TV as well. I hope our players go to sleep feeling utterly awful depressed and shit tonight. Because they humiliated themselves 
  • Shameful from Appleton - what a fool
    Nothing to do with him...get them players to have a fucking look at themselves. They should be smashing this team and whilst they worked hard, we should have put it too bed.
    Naive line up, many called it before a ball was kicked
  • edited November 2023
    Voldemort looking Cnut Appleton. 

Players also would gladly not see many of them play again for this once great club. 

Lowest point in my lifetime of supporting charlton hanging on to a part time outfit 3 miles down the road. 

Hope they win the replay and we can spare a dicking from the medway folk 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone surprised that a poor lower league manager gets poor results?
  • Shameful from Appleton - what a fool
    Nothing to do with him...get them players to have a fucking look at themselves. They should be smashing this team and whilst they worked hard, we should have put it too bed.
    Absolute nonsense. What style did we turn up with here?

I didn't see our players not trying. I saw them lacking any ideas how to break down a team working hard. 

Without CBT to unlock the defence what do we have?
  • Every single one of Appleton, those starters and several subs belong in the Charlton Athletic Hall of Shame after that. Absolutely grim but not even slightly surprising.
  • What an embarrassment that was. Can’t even beat the lowest ranked team in the comp. Same old s**t! As always no fight and please, never let Charlie Kirk wear the shirt again. Pulls out of every tackle and couldn’t finish a custard cream!!! 
  • CAFCTrev said:

Clown. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What an absolute pile of Fcuking dog sh1t that was from us. Good skills from them but fcuk me, really ...
  • edited November 2023
    I'd be swinging the tactics board at player's heads in that dressing room

But if I was Appleton I'd have to smash it over my own head as well

Utterly abysmal. There are no words

And Andy Scott can shove his 'elite levels of performance ' up his arse
  • Pretty certain it was Chirpy Red who got lambasted on here for calling us a shitty little south London club a few years ago but that’s exactly what we are.
  • edited November 2023
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Reminder: our U18s beat Cray Valley 3-2 in August.

We fielded eleven full time professionals that should have had far too much for them.

Appleton massively let down by the players on the day.
    Shouldn’t be making 11 changes either 
    Why not? Individually every player that started today’s game for us would be, on paper, Cray’s best player.

Should have started with the big guns like May and Leaburn who were on the pitch for 20 minutes and didn’t manage to do anything either?
  • will the replay be on TV
  • If we win at Pompey all is forgiven. 
    Lose and Appleton is a cnut 
  • will the replay be on TV
    Be very surprised if it isn't...
  • Don't really mind the result that much - a replay gets them some money and gives our fringe players minutes.  That's as long as we win the replay, of course.

But the performance was poor. 
    ‘Poor’ - fuck me - what were you watching - that was fucking appalling