Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Look, the Cowleys aren’t my preference for the job at all. I’ve nailed my colours firmly to the mast for who I’d like. BUT, can we please not call them the PE teachers from the word go if they get the job? It’s really disrespectful - we can at least give them a go
    How about you can only call them PE teachers if 1) you have been a PE teacher and 2) you have managed over 400 games in the EFL?

That sounds fair?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Look, the Cowleys aren’t my preference for the job at all. I’ve nailed my colours firmly to the mast for who I’d like. BUT, can we please not call them the PE teachers from the word go if they get the job? It’s really disrespectful - we can at least give them a go
    How about you can only call them PE teachers if 1) you have been a PE teacher and 2) you have managed over 400 games in the EFL?

That sounds fair?
    Do the 400-games count from the comfort of my armchair?
  • I just can’t be bothered to read it over and over for for 8 months until they get sacked. It’s really not funny and unoriginal. We had the same thing with Adkins and ‘walking is great’/being a physio. 
  • Expecting statements from Cowley and Appleton tomorrow to say that on reflection they’ve decided to give it a miss. Just hours later, Karel Fraeye is spotted at St Pancras. 
  • edited September 2023
    I just can’t be bothered to read it over and over for for 8 months until they get sacked. It’s really not funny and unoriginal. We had the same thing with Adkins and ‘walking is great’/being a physio. 
    Who are we talking about... The PE teachers?
  • Richard J said:
    People seem to forget Lennie Lawrence was a PE teacher.
    Who?
  • Richard J said:
    Roy Hodgson was as well, wasnt he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Richard J said:
    Who?
    Our best manager … 
  • Gribbo said:
    Richard J said:
    Who?
    Our best manager … 
    Jimmy Seed?
  • Someone at the game saying it’s Appleton. 
    (Not the best manager, the new manager). 
  • Not an inspirational choice IMO
  • JamesSeed said:
    Someone at the game saying it’s Appleton. 
    We are concluding interviews tomorrow so I doubt anyone has been chosen, yet
  • Addick_8 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We are concluding interviews tomorrow so I doubt anyone has been chosen, yet
    That’s what I thought. Why bother to have interviews if they’ve picked their man. 
    Only time will tell I guess. 
  • My money’s on Les Reed.   
    Changed my mind.   Les Dennis.  
    Changed my mind again. 

Les Miserables.   

Should have been my first thought really.   That’s 10 Bob I’ll never see again. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Someone at the game is just watching the bookies odds…

We’ve had Bowyer, Cowley, Challinor and Appleton all go very short odds and then immediately drift back out as soon as the next whisper comes along and someone sticks £20 on.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

We’ve had Bowyer, Cowley, Challinor and Appleton all go very short odds and then immediately drift back out as soon as the next whisper comes along and someone sticks £20 on.
    Not sure anyone has been as low as 4/6 before now though.
  • Scott was talking about bringing in a performance manager in one of his early interviews - wonder if we’re getting one of them as well and if so, what will Scott do ? Guessing he will review the performance of the performance manager ? 
  • Richard J said:
    Mourinho wasn’t even that.

(I am in no way comparing Cowley to Mourinho)
  • edited September 2023
    I will never understand how an interview is going to help you find the right manager. It just makes the people doing the interviews feel important. Different skills are required to do a good interview and be a good football manager.
  • I will never understand how an interview is going to help you find the right manager. It just makes the people doing the interviews feel important. Different skills are required to do a good interview and be a good football manager.
    Probably helps if u can talk about players and tactics though 
  • Kips said:
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure anyone has been as low as 4/6 before now though.
    Someone was 1/2 at some point, I think Bowyer 
  • Some are saying 'no thanks' to certain names based on their past teams  reputations for style of play, but given where we are now, is anything less important?

Whoever gets the job needs to focus on organizing the defence better, getting us fitter, making us harder to beat and on winning more games than losing. That's all and it's more than enough for now.

Better quality signings won't come in future if results don't improve as today's player knows us to be an established average L1 club regardless of our past.  I doubt any teams in the football league fear playing us and  there isn't a single one I'm confident we'd beat at present, not even Pompey!
  • I will never understand how an interview is going to help you find the right manager. It just makes the people doing the interviews feel important. Different skills are required to do a good interview and be a good football manager.
    How would you find the right manager?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!