Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• swordfish said:
    cafcfan said:
    Right, Scott Parker. If he comes, I go. It will be my last season. It's not even that I hate him, although I do.

It's because he's just a little bit thick. He lacks every skill set a decent manager needs. Inspirational qualities; tactical nous; luck; man management skills; leadership; and coaching skills.  He has none of these in my opinion and have I mentioned that he is a dullard?

In addition, with his choice of cardigans, it would be impossible for any player to look at him and not laugh rather than take him seriously.

Scott Parkers cardigan cost around 5 for every MINUTE he wore it on the  touchline before he was sacked by Bourmouth  The Sun
    It may be me but, his head looks like it's a size too big for his body, and stuck on as an afterthought
    ...🙄
    Looks to me like he's just sunk a tricky short putt to keep himself in contention of making the cut at a low ranking golf tournament and is acknowledging some muted polite applause from a sparse crowd.
    That cardie makes him look like he's just bunked off primary school...
    I remember the days of being sent off to primary school, in my £1300 cardigan, ready to bunk off 
    Same school was it...😉
  • What not tick all the diversity boxes and go for Hope Powell 
  • What not tick all the diversity boxes and go for Hope Powell 
    Yeah, what not
  • edited September 2023
    What not tick all the diversity boxes and go for Hope Powell 
    Could make the showers interesting after the game...🙄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYZaqYCZyQ

;) 
  • Really hoping for Roy Keane. With recent events he might like the change of role. 😄
  • edited September 2023
    Scoham said:
    Valley11 said:
    I think the reaction is because we’ve tried all the different styles in the last 17 years:

Former favourite and legend- Powell ✔️ 
    Hard nosed, authoritarian- Bowyer ✔️ 
    Foreign coach- loads ✔️ 
    Foreign non league coach- Fraeye ✔️ 
    Progressive up and coming manager- Garner ✔️ 
    No dickheads nice guy northerner- Holden ✔️ 

Guess it’s time we went for vanilla, bland, lower league bloke with connection to Greenwich.

I really think we could expect to push the boat out fo Jones though. This idea that he’s unreachable is odd.

Didn’t we already try that with Slade?
    Oh yes, you’re right. I forgot about him, as you’d expect. 
  • cafcfan said:
    Right, Scott Parker. If he comes, I go. It will be my last season. It's not even that I hate him, although I do.

It's because he's just a little bit thick. He lacks every skill set a decent manager needs. Inspirational qualities; tactical nous; luck; man management skills; leadership; and coaching skills.  He has none of these in my opinion and have I mentioned that he is a dullard?

In addition, with his choice of cardigans, it would be impossible for any player to look at him and not laugh rather than take him seriously.

Scott Parkers cardigan cost around 5 for every MINUTE he wore it on the  touchline before he was sacked by Bourmouth  The Sun
    It may be me but, his head looks like it's a size too big for his body, and stuck on as an afterthought
    ...🙄
    He always struck me as looking like a Thunderbird puppet!  Still, looking forward to the cardi's...
  • cafcfan said:

...🙄
    That’s fucked it then, he’s probably Methvens son…
  • Sponsored links:

• Cowley has definitely made it to the second round of interviews.
    I hope he shaves his little beard before the interview or it's a big no from me 
    And stops dying his hair
  • Cowley did an absolute shocking job at Pompey. I really don’t know who I want out of the likely ones it’s going to be. Just gotta crack on and get behind him 😐
    Shocking? Where's that from. 

P97
    w42
    d27
    l28
    Win ratio 43.3

shocking!!

Mark Hudson is a manager mentioned by some because his Charlton links and I’d genuinely class his record as shocking:

P 18 w 4 l7 with Cardiff 

win ratio 22%
  • That cardie makes him look like he's just bunked off primary school...
    I remember the days of being sent off to primary school, in my £1300 cardigan, ready to bunk off 
    Same school was it...😉
    Saw 193 unread posts, a reference to an expensive top looking like school uniform and thought we must have announced LB.

He seemed to live in his expensive grey Gucci v-neck which is as the spit of the old jumpers at Our Lady of Grace, Charlton.

2+2 did not equal anything and it seems we’re all still in the dark 
  • Realistically a manager with genuine prospects and/or ambition is most likely going to get a call or an email about the Charlton job, laugh, and hang up/delete it.

We've been a middle of the road milquetoast also-ran club for a long time now, and rightly or wrongly the name "Charlie Methven" is going to put some people off (however much he is or isn't involved.)

We either get a boring, safe established League One manager or hope that some Bright Young Thing reckons he can make a go of it.

We're shit. We know it. And so does everyone else.
  • I wonder if whoever it is will be at Crawley tonight. It the stands just observing. Anyone going just to take a look at the Directors Box. 
  • NabySarr said:
    swordfish said:
    Nathan Jones or Leam Richardson seem the least likely appointments to have some turning their backs on the Club but most likely to be serious contenders if interested. Of those two, I'd choose Jones.
    If you turn your back on the club because of who the manager is then that’s pathetic behaviour. Whoever it is we should get behind them and give them a chance 
    This. I remember jumping for joy when Pardew was appointed…

I don’t really want the Cowley’s but we can never really understand the context of failures at various clubs. Look at Powell. Successful with us, failed at Huddersfield and Southend. 
  • I wonder if whoever it is will be at Crawley tonight. It the stands just observing. Anyone going just to take a look at the Directors Box. 
    Knowing our track record it'll be this lot!

• Sponsored links:

• Along with Cowley, another name I wouldn't mind. Promotion with Northampton, narrowly missed out on autos the season prior and had a go at the play offs, seems to have got Northampton off to a decent enough start. Another one who seems to be on the up.

I think it's either him, Cowley, Appleton or an outside shot of Bonner. I don't see it being anyone else tbh 
  • I'm hearing, Pawel Abbott in the mix.
  • cafcfan said:

...🙄
    Like the Crown Woods Casemiro
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    swordfish said:
    Nathan Jones or Leam Richardson seem the least likely appointments to have some turning their backs on the Club but most likely to be serious contenders if interested. Of those two, I'd choose Jones.
    If you turn your back on the club because of who the manager is then that’s pathetic behaviour. Whoever it is we should get behind them and give them a chance 
    This. I remember jumping for joy when Pardew was appointed…

I don’t really want the Cowley’s but we can never really understand the context of failures at various clubs. Look at Powell. Successful with us, failed at Huddersfield and Southend. 
    If you were on the outside looking would you say Powell's last 18 months with us were a success, without context, that we probably don't have of other clubs?

Mid table finish followed by being sacked in a relegation battle?  Sounds shocking.

Add the other stuff in and it sounds mighty impressive, given the circumstances.

That's the problem with stats.
    It was pretty average with all the nausiating hero worship on here, it was quite unbearable at times.

• From talking to friends who have had the Cowleys at the helm of their club, I will be really disappointed if it is them we go with! 

I think back to the game with Huddersfield at home in our championship season and i thought their brand of football was absolutely shocking! I really hope it isn’t them! Journeymen! 
  • “The only approaches made, other than initially offering the role to Chris Powell on an interim basis, have been to managers in employment. Any out of work have been expected to apply if they want to be considered.”
    Which would rule out us approaching Darren Moore...
  • edited September 2023
    Gribbo said:
    Curbs Ratio..1991/2006

P : 720
    W : 274
    D : 187
    L  : 259
    Win Ratio :38.1%

And we named a stand after the bloke?! Ffs

;)
    ‘The Addicks longest-serving manager ever is Jimmy Seed, taking charge from May 1933 to September 1956. In 729 matches in the role, the Addicks won 311, draw 156 and lost 262, finishing with a win percentage of 42.66%.’

Not bad on a shoestring budget. 
    Sorry Curbs. 
    😉
  • edited September 2023
    cafc_se7 said:
    From talking to friends who have had the Cowleys at the helm of their club, I will be really disappointed if it is them we go with! 

I think back to the game with Huddersfield at home in our championship season and i thought their brand of football was absolutely shocking! I really hope it isn’t them! Journeymen! 
    Worked out ok for them as they beat us 0-1 and we didn't have a shot on target. They also absolutely dominated us when it came to possession & passes.
    Also, how can you be a journeyman after managing just three clubs, one of which you managed for over 180 games? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!