Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Cowley did an absolute shocking job at Pompey. I really don’t know who I want out of the likely ones it’s going to be. Just gotta crack on and get behind him 😐
  • Finding the massive averse response to the Cowleys a little bit weird if I’m honest. They’re not my first choice either but some of you are acting as if the club is doomed with them.
    I think it's because their spell at Pompey, a comparable club to us, was pretty underwhelming. Not terrible, but nothing to make you want them as your manager.
  • Don`t you have to find two salaries if the Cowleys are chosen? That puts it out of range to start with.
  • Don`t you have to find two salaries if the Cowleys are chosen? That puts it out of range to start with.
    Why does it? Holden and Senda have been let go, so there’s space in the budget for two coming in.
  • Cowley did an absolute shocking job at Pompey. I really don’t know who I want out of the likely ones it’s going to be. Just gotta crack on and get behind him 😐
    43% win ratio is far from shocking
  • edited September 2023
    PWADDICK said:
    Cowley is a good manager at this level, people who wouldn’t take him have delusions of grandeur about us as a club
    Sorry but that is rubbish. It's not about him as a name. I'd actually prefer a few managers who don't even have his profile. A few of us have put our reasons why we don't want him, and if you want to argue them then go ahead by all means, but don't make up a strawman please
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the reaction is because we’ve tried all the different styles in the last 17 years:

Former favourite and legend- Powell ✔️ 
    Hard nosed, authoritarian- Bowyer ✔️ 
    Foreign coach- loads ✔️ 
    Foreign non league coach- Fraeye ✔️ 
    Progressive up and coming manager- Garner ✔️ 
    No dickheads nice guy northerner- Holden ✔️ 

Guess it’s time we went for vanilla, bland, lower league bloke with connection to Greenwich.

I really think we could expect to push the boat out fo Jones though. This idea that he’s unreachable is odd.

Why does it? Holden and Senda have been let go, so there’s space in the budget for two coming in.
    It was meant as a joke. 
  • cafcfan said:
    Right, Scott Parker. If he comes, I go. It will be my last season. It's not even that I hate him, although I do.

It's because he's just a little bit thick. He lacks every skill set a decent manager needs. Inspirational qualities; tactical nous; luck; man management skills; leadership; and coaching skills.  He has none of these in my opinion and have I mentioned that he is a dullard?

In addition, with his choice of cardigans, it would be impossible for any player to look at him and not laugh rather than take him seriously.

Scott Parkers cardigan cost around 5 for every MINUTE he wore it on the  touchline before he was sacked by Bourmouth  The Sun
    It may be me but, his head looks like it's a size too big for his body, and stuck on as an afterthought
    ...🙄
    A metaphor for his football career in general.
  • edited September 2023
    swordfish said:
    cafcfan said:
    Right, Scott Parker. If he comes, I go. It will be my last season. It's not even that I hate him, although I do.

It's because he's just a little bit thick. He lacks every skill set a decent manager needs. Inspirational qualities; tactical nous; luck; man management skills; leadership; and coaching skills.  He has none of these in my opinion and have I mentioned that he is a dullard?

In addition, with his choice of cardigans, it would be impossible for any player to look at him and not laugh rather than take him seriously.

Scott Parkers cardigan cost around 5 for every MINUTE he wore it on the  touchline before he was sacked by Bourmouth  The Sun
    It may be me but, his head looks like it's a size too big for his body, and stuck on as an afterthought
    ...🙄
    Looks to me like he's just sunk a tricky short putt to keep himself in contention of making the cut at a low ranking golf tournament and is acknowledging some muted polite applause from a sparse crowd.
    That cardie makes him look like he's just bunked off primary school...
  • Should knock all this talk of ex-players on the head, just in case P****w is looking in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    I think the reaction is because we’ve tried all the different styles in the last 17 years:

Former favourite and legend- Powell ✔️ 
    Hard nosed, authoritarian- Bowyer ✔️ 
    Foreign coach- loads ✔️ 
    Foreign non league coach- Fraeye ✔️ 
    Progressive up and coming manager- Garner ✔️ 
    No dickheads nice guy northerner- Holden ✔️ 

Guess it’s time we went for vanilla, bland, lower league bloke with connection to Greenwich.

I really think we could expect to push the boat out fo Jones though. This idea that he’s unreachable is odd.

Didn’t we already try that with Slade?
  • edited September 2023
    Cowley did an absolute shocking job at Pompey. I really don’t know who I want out of the likely ones it’s going to be. Just gotta crack on and get behind him 😐
    Shocking? Where's that from. 

P97
    w42
    d27
    l28
    Win ratio 43.3

shocking!!
    If you think the Cowleys were poor there, wait until you see our club’s league WDL record over the period that the Cowley’s were in charge of Pompey:

P80
    W28
    D22
    L30
    Win Ratio 35%

A period that effectively covers Adkins, Jackson and Garner.
  • What was Curbs win ratio ?
  • swordfish said:
    cafcfan said:

...🙄
    Looks to me like he's just sunk a tricky short putt to keep himself in contention of making the cut at a low ranking golf tournament and is acknowledging some muted polite applause from a sparse crowd.
    That cardie makes him look like he's just bunked off primary school...
    I remember the days of being sent off to primary school, in my £1300 cardigan, ready to bunk off 

Managerial statistics

As of 3 September 2008
    Managerial record by team and tenure
    TeamFromToRecord
    PWDLWin %
    Charlton Athletic24 July 19918 May 200672027418725938.1
    West Ham United13 December 20063 September 20087128142939.4
    Total79130220128838.2

P97
    w42
    d27
    l28
    Win ratio 43.3

shocking!!
    If you think the Cowleys were poor there, wait until you see our club’s league WDL record over the period that the Cowley’s were in charge of Pompey:

P80
    W28
    D22
    L30
    Win Ratio 35%

I was defending their record!

they would be third on my shortlist and I do not think they would be a bad appointment
  • edited September 2023
    Curbs Ratio..1991/2006

P : 720
    W : 274
    D : 187
    L  : 259
    Win Ratio :38.1%

P97
    w42
    d27
    l28
    Win ratio 43.3

shocking!!

P80
    W28
    D22
    L30
    Win Ratio 35%

I was defending their record!

they would be third on my shortlist and I do not think they would be a bad appointment
    I know, sorry was trying to back you up lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!