Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• If a manager has got the sack from a previous position, he would only take another job if they are better off financially as they are still getting paid a salary from their previous job. Di Matto turned down the Boro job as he was getting more from West Brom who had sacked him 
  • There’s also that clubs are more and more progressing towards having a system of play from youth through to first team. Eases progression for each age group towards the first team squad. That makes it very difficult to appoint managers who want to play something different. It’s a system that works well abroad and I think the days of managers like Curbs who controlled a club from top to bottom are long gone. 

In a way it was much the same then, except that Curbs was effectively the Head Coach AND the Technical Director.

I can't remember, but assume that the academy and reserve teams would have played in a similar style to the first team.
  • Multi stage interviews... Better than 200 meetings in 24 hours. 
  • edited September 2023
    I'd be surprised if Parker was even an applicant. Yes he's got 2 promotions but the stint at Club Brugge and the end of his tenure at Bournemouth went very badly. 

Another one I don't think would consider managing below the championship. 
  • If Parker riles up our fans than yes like Lee Johnson I want him in 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    If a manager has got the sack from a previous position, he would only take another job if they are better off financially as they are still getting paid a salary from their previous job. Di Matto turned down the Boro job as he was getting more from West Brom who had sacked him 
    That doesn’t leave to many people left in the pot.

Was Kevin Phillips sacked?
  • I’m pretty certain that we’d have heard if Scott Parker was in the mix. Be shocked if he accepted a third division job. Having said that. For those of you saying “I’m done” if x,y or z comes in, can I ask you to close the door behind you. What a pathetic and entitled nonsense. 
    I think we do know Parker is in the mix, read the comments from people who have previously proved to be ITK.  No one has directly said it but its been strongly hinted at.
  • I would not be surprised if we appoint somebody who has not even been mentioned.
    If we brought in a nobody from Italy as a player what is to say we cannot bring a manager in from abroad.
  • edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m pretty certain that we’d have heard if Scott Parker was in the mix. Be shocked if he accepted a third division job. Having said that. For those of you saying “I’m done” if x,y or z comes in, can I ask you to close the door behind you. What a pathetic and entitled nonsense. 
    I think we do know Parker is in the mix, read the comments from people who have previously proved to be ITK.  No one has directly said it but its been strongly hinted at.
    Thanks. Not sure how I missed the hints as I’ve read 99% of posts. I recollect  @Valliantphil hinting at a Charlton connection but I’d not included Parker in my list with that connection. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m pretty certain that we’d have heard if Scott Parker was in the mix. Be shocked if he accepted a third division job. Having said that. For those of you saying “I’m done” if x,y or z comes in, can I ask you to close the door behind you. What a pathetic and entitled nonsense. 
    I think we do know Parker is in the mix, read the comments from people who have previously proved to be ITK.  No one has directly said it but it’s been strongly hinted at.
    They strongly hinted a lot about our transfer window that didn’t happen. I think it’s likely they are mentioning names like Jones and Parker to boost credibility, and then will all end up talking up whoever it is that is actually appointed like they are the better choice anyway or that it’s Holdens fault we are 16th so those names aren’t interested 
  • cafcfan said:
    Right, Scott Parker. If he comes, I go. It will be my last season. It's not even that I hate him, although I do.

It's because he's just a little bit thick. He lacks every skill set a decent manager needs. Inspirational qualities; tactical nous; luck; man management skills; leadership; and coaching skills.  He has none of these in my opinion and have I mentioned that he is a dullard?

In addition, with his choice of cardigans, it would be impossible for any player to look at him and not laugh rather than take him seriously.

Scott Parkers cardigan cost around 5 for every MINUTE he wore it on the  touchline before he was sacked by Bourmouth  The Sun
    If he lacks all the above he must at least have had some luck seeing as he's managed to win two promotions. 
    Karel Fraeye could have got that Fulham side promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do not think Parker would come did he fall out with Curbishley over his transfer to Chelsea.
  • It’s time.

15-20 years ago we were regularly linked with Hayden Mullins and Darren Purse.

Interestingly they’re both have managerial experience - Mullins of the Turks and Caicos Islands national team and Colchester, and Purse with Cardiff u23s.

• No way will it be Parker, which is just as well, as my virtual season ticket would be going straight in the bin. 

I’ll never forgive him. Never.
  • edited September 2023
    Graham Potter

Graham Potter 🤔

As owner manager ?
  • I will be surprised if the chosen one doesn't have a pervious link to Scott or CM.
  • Derek1952 said:
    I do not think Parker would come did he fall out with Curbishley over his transfer to Chelsea.

Yes but fences mended at Fulham.
  • The reality: hinting at Parker but rejected by the Stockport manager. 
  • Derek1952 said:
    I do not think Parker would come did he fall out with Curbishley over his transfer to Chelsea.

Yes but fences mended at Fulham.
    or signing him for West Ham maybe?
  • No disputing that Parker was a top level player and was well respected as a player by fans of all the top clubs he represented.
    He has surely learned from his initial managerial jobs and could be ready to go again but I doubt it will be with us in League 1.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!