Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    The other forum are suggesting it's Appleton too. Announcement shortly.
  • Options
    I could just about handle the lack of money spent and ambition shown in the owners first proper transfer window

if they now get appleton in i really am worried!!! 
    such a cheap uninspiring appointment🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
    He may well do ok but surely if you want success and to be ambitious you would go all out for someone proven and who would unite the fans and club 

Ffs why is it always so 💩 being a charlton fan
  • Options
    I could just about handle the lack of money spent and ambition shown in the owners first proper transfer window

He may well do ok but surely if you want success and to be ambitious you would go all out for someone proven and who would unite the fans and club 

I understand what you are saying but we are hardly a great proposition for any manager at the moment. 
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Still can’t get my head around sacking Holden without having someone else lined up, the new manager could have had 2 full weeks with the majority of the squad before the next game. 

Such an amateur, clownish outfit. 
    Maybe something brought things to a head, and it was impossible to continue with Holden. We simply don't know the full facts. 

Amateur and clownish could certainly be applied to TS, but under the new ownership we finally have a recognised structure, with appointments at appropriate levels.  It may not be going as well as hoped for, but amateur and clownish - no.
  • Options
    Interview bingo. 
    Massive club
    good atmosphere when i have been here as a manager in the past
  • Options
    I don’t particularly want Appleton, but I do believe his favoured 4231 formation suits us quite well
  • Options

Proven with a squad of better players elsewhere though?

How does that translate to managing this squad?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    swordfish said:
    Anyone who seriously thinks the end goal of our new owners is the wilful destruction of the Club is more deluded than they or any of our previous owners.

Incompetence, negligence, stubbornness, greed, and simple bad luck are the reasons why we are where we are. It isn't the result of some deliberate plan of destruction.

If fans believe their owners to be their enemies and only in it to see it's ruination, is it any wonder our support base is shrinking. Reputationally, we've become a hard sell to players and managers. Being fans, as ever all we can do is get behind the players, although some don't and it sounds as though others won't if xxx gets the job 🙄
    Matt Southall had an end goal of the wilful destruction of Charlton Athletic in my opinion. He was a previous owner.

So my stance is not born of delusion but bitter recent experience of Southall and others.

If the plan is not one of diminishing our lovely club then in what way is the plan to make us any better?

If Charlton are destroyed Warrick always has Peterborough, Methven always has Oxford, Rodwell and Scott can shrug and say they did their best but losing Charlton Athletic is no biggie.

For the fans we have put in time, money, effort and genuine love. We have a dog in the fight, they don’t.

On a personal level I always get behind the players, I am a long term season ticket holder, subscribe and watch all the games, watch and follow the development of players as they come through our system, I care about the players and won’t abuse them, I for one always get behind them.

What I can’t do is stay silent as this Shamocracy diminishes Charlton Athletic further.

My stance will soften if we win the next eight games in succession.
    Going back on my promise but felt I should respond. Southall sought to extract money from the Club motivated by greed. I don't believe his intent was to see Charlton Athletic go out of business though and so derail his gravy train. I concede his motives were the worst of them all though.

Just out of interest, has the name of a manager been mentioned on here who you feel can deliver the team you loyally support a run of eight winning games in a row? 
  • Options
    The most I can say for Appleton is that I haven't seen his 'appalling football' being talked about much. Kind of don't really know what style of play he's known for. Hopefully one that wins games?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That should be all that bothers us at the moment. A winning style whatever it is, is all that matters.
  • Options
    I can't believe i got sucked into the bullshit and bought 4 seasons tickets, feel so disillusioned right now with everything associated with the club. I will of course support whoever is appointed, but I do not have a good feeling about anything relating to Charlton and Football. 
  • Options
    Appleton will do as he is told by Scott
  • Options
    I just hope if it is Appleton the official X/Twitter account troll us with the infamous Appleton photo 
  • Options
    Also does he have a favoured right hand man/coaching team as whoever takes over needs to bring in his own team rather than rely on Pearce and Hayes who need to go back to working with the academy/u21s - we need a strong defensive and set piece coaches.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    swordfish said:
    Anyone who seriously thinks the end goal of our new owners is the wilful destruction of the Club is more deluded than they or any of our previous owners.

Incompetence, negligence, stubbornness, greed, and simple bad luck are the reasons why we are where we are. It isn't the result of some deliberate plan of destruction.

If fans believe their owners to be their enemies and only in it to see it's ruination, is it any wonder our support base is shrinking. Reputationally, we've become a hard sell to players and managers. Being fans, as ever all we can do is get behind the players, although some don't and it sounds as though others won't if xxx gets the job 🙄
    Matt Southall had an end goal of the wilful destruction of Charlton Athletic in my opinion. He was a previous owner.

So my stance is not born of delusion but bitter recent experience of Southall and others.

If the plan is not one of diminishing our lovely club then in what way is the plan to make us any better?

If Charlton are destroyed Warrick always has Peterborough, Methven always has Oxford, Rodwell and Scott can shrug and say they did their best but losing Charlton Athletic is no biggie.

For the fans we have put in time, money, effort and genuine love. We have a dog in the fight, they don’t.

On a personal level I always get behind the players, I am a long term season ticket holder, subscribe and watch all the games, watch and follow the development of players as they come through our system, I care about the players and won’t abuse them, I for one always get behind them.

What I can’t do is stay silent as this Shamocracy diminishes Charlton Athletic further.

My stance will soften if we win the next eight games in succession.
    Going back on my promise but felt I should respond. Southall sought to extract money from the Club motivated by greed. I don't believe his intent was to see Charlton Athletic go out of business though and so derail his gravy train. I concede his motives were the worst of them all though.

Just out of interest, has the name of a manager been mentioned on here who you feel can deliver the team you loyally support a run of eight winning games in a row? 
    Well I couldn’t predict what a new manager will do, so I leave the door open for them to win, not lose.
    Of the names mentioned I would have taken a chance with Euell, Moore, Bonner, and possibly Bowyer.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Still can’t get my head around sacking Holden without having someone else lined up, the new manager could have had 2 full weeks with the majority of the squad before the next game. 

Such an amateur, clownish outfit. 
    Suggests Holden wasn’t sacked for footballing reasons.
  • Options
    Appleton, so uninspiring but what can we do. We live in hopes he will be our next Curbs but I have feeling he'll be our next Adkins 
  • Options
    Appleton. Yet another Oxford link. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope it isn't a long contract if they're going to be paying it off in December
  • Options
    At least if its Appleton we know he won't be here long as he's the classic journeyman manager who never seems to hang around at one club for long which makes a mockery of all this building for the future bollox - we're fast becoming a tin-pot underfunded division 3 club that no half decent established manager wants to work at so its either take a punt on a rookie or go for one of the out of work journeymen. Meh.
  • Options
    Was hoping for Des Buckingham - the name is brilliant - picturing a double fronted pin striped suit Boycey type of character - a proper puffed up jackass 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cue …. Meltdown
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Mmm it’s official - underwhelming 

• Options
    Searched high and low for that one didn’t they. Another one of their mates. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!