Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• edited September 2023
    Chunes said:
    Really expected us to announce today.
    Need to sort out how many days he gets for annual leave although for 2023 it will be pro rata, three days are taken over the Christmas holidays. sick pay, how long notice has to be given, the length of the probation. Also has too supply three references from previous employers 
  • Chunes said:
    Need to sort out how days a year annual leave, sick pay, how long notice has to be given, the length of the probation. Also has too supply three references from previous employers 
    Katrien sorted it in 20 minutes!!
  • Chunes said:
    Need to sort out how many days he gets for annual leave although for 2023 it will be pro rata, three days are taken over the Christmas holidays. sick pay, how long notice has to be given, the length of the probation. Also has too supply three references from previous employers 
    And don't forget the CRB check 
  • I imagine we can't match Mark Robson's current salary. 

• I’m beginning to wonder if it will be someone unexpected and left field 
  • I imagine we can't match Mark Robson's current salary. 

A 54 year old that has manged 13 games and drew 3, lost 10.

No doubt a very good coach but hardly the sort of gamble we need to be making is it?  If we could afford his wages, which as you say we can't.
  • sam3110 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Hang on.. have people heard Jorge Costa is possible?
    Just Henners stirring the pot in all likelihood 
    It might be the end of a mad era. We've a lot of mad era whine.
  • Chunes said:
    And don't forget the CRB check 
    What to make sure we don't play him at wing back? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Much as I loved Jorge Costa, he would know nothing about the English lower leagues. Then neither would Mumbai Des. 

If we’re back to former players, you’d think Jason Euell might be worth considering?

Cue Appleton announcement!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Appleton is up there with how I felt about Russel Slade coming in. Vanilla. 
    Add Adkins to that list 
    Dunno...Adkins made some good videos...😉
    Especially sunny morning walkabout videos, "The sun is shining, the birds are singing and yet again, Charlton are losing ..... and it's a lovely sunny day!"  :)

And don't forget the importance of making your bed.

I'm pretty convinced that whoever we get won't be a big upgrade. 
  • Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
    More realistically, a poor appointment will leave us stuck in mid table mediocrity for the 3rd season running.
  • edited September 2023
    IAgree said:
    I’m beginning to wonder if it will be someone unexpected and left field 
    So someone who can cover LWB...🙄
  • IAgree said:
    I’m beginning to wonder if it will be someone unexpected and left field 
    Can’t see it, they’ve got touring and a new album commitments.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Mate at Sparrows Lane has just messaged me to say a new training schedule has gone up today courtesy of the Cowley's:

Monday - Football
    Tuesday - Cross Country
    Wednesday - Rounders

What do they do when they forget their kit 🫣
    Detention 
    Maybe made to play in their pants...

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
    More realistically, a poor appointment will leave us stuck in mid table mediocrity for the 3rd season running.
    Make no mistake a poor appointment could leave us in the 4th division for the first time in our history.
    It would have to be a TERRIBLE appointment to do that, and realistically that's not going to happen. The likes of Appleton and the Cowleys are unexciting, but they're also both safe pairs of hands as well.
    Totally agree but that's why I am less open to a gamble as many are.

A half decent manager will get us around 8th-12th, the likes of Appleton and Cowley are half decent.

A gamble on someone who has never managed or only in the Belgium 4th division, the India Premier league or at the University of Bath could get us in the play offs but could also get us relegated.

Some might think it's refreshing, I think it's idiotic.

The issues that have lead to this situation need to be resolved else we won't ever attract someone "exciting" and if we did they would fail anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
    Make no mistake a poor appointment could leave us in the 4th division for the first time in our history.
    It would have to be a TERRIBLE appointment to do that, and realistically that's not going to happen. The likes of Appleton and the Cowleys are unexciting, but they're also both safe pairs of hands as well.
    Totally agree but that's why I am less open to a gamble as many are.

A half decent manager will get us around 8th-12th, the likes of Appleton and Cowley are half decent.

A gamble on someone who has never managed or only in the Belgium 4th division, the India Premier league or at the University of Bath could get us in the play offs but could also get us relegated.

Some might think it's refreshing, I think it's idiotic.

The issues that have lead to this situation need to be resolved else we won't ever attract someone "exciting" and if we did they would fail anyway.
    Exactly how I see it as well. 

We get in a manger from Mumbai it could work but if it doesn't, more compensation they'll need to pay out and we could be right in the shit and then no one really will want to take it on.

Cowley in particular will give us an outside chance of play offs but at the very least not make the season a disaster, sadly enough that will do me for now, what a time 
  • Stewart said:
    ABA    - Anyone but Appleton
    ABB    - Anyone but Bowyer
    ABC    - Anyone but Cowley

Starting to look like my O level results. 
    Mine was more like 

UUC    - Unemployed Unknown Coach 
    More like CDB - Could Do Better...🙄
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    The fact that this man, who was a meme on this site before memes were even a thing is actually going to be our next manager sums up how fucking horrific it is. Piss poor
    Cheer up, it could be Kenneth Williams!
    At least he would stiffen up the back four & pull off anyone not giving their all 

• edited September 2023
    Jac_52 said:
    I will also add that I really hope whoever gets the job has the opportunity to bring in their own coaching team as otherwise we will continue to see the elements of an amateurly coached team that has led us to where we are.
    Yes indeed. That way when the inevitable next round of sackings comes around, the club has to pay off the manager they appointed, but all the helpers who came in as well ....

;) 
  • I don't worry too much about who they give it to.  I can't influence it so no point in worrying about it.  Whoever it is has a hell of a job on their hands.  And I very much doubt anyone will last that long...which is possibly why they are having trouble getting someone to accept. 
  • i do hope its Curbs
  • edited September 2023
    The Phoenix Sports Team have drawn one and lost five out of their six games this season.  Manager Steve O'Boyle is now bookies favourite to land the managers job at Charlton Athletic Football Club at odds of 1/500
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!