Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Interesting that there is a lot of love for Mark Warburton.

Older than Adkins was
    Less successful than Adkins had been
    Hasn't been a manager for longer than Adkins hadn't

These comments aren't meant to be argumentative more to tease our the "why do you think that" because a lot of it comes across as group think based on someone else having a hunch.

I wouldn't be opposed to Warburton but I think it's highly unlikely.
  • i do hope its Curbs
    Maybe you could run a poll?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd take Bowyer back over many of the other names and I really didn't like him at the end. 

Whatever I want is immaterial. We'll get whoever they get.
    I’d take Holden back to be honest . 
    Gribbo said:
    At the end of the day no matter who get appointed, win two league games in a row, go over to the fans and throw a few passionate clenched fists around,  and then tell Terry in the interview afterwards how amazing the fans were, everyone will be positive about them no matter who it is. 
    Stick hundred quid behind the jump in The Oak, and I'll blindly defend him on here all the way to Lge 2
    Same :
  • Sensei said:
    Genuine question - Nathan Jones has been in the frame but I seem to recall quite a lot of hostility on here whenever he was mentioned. Is this down to some known incident or behavioural trait because he's familiar with Charlton, I thought he did a good job a Luton and he might be a good fit for us?
    He seems unhinged. He set fire to a ping-pong table. 
    On stats/ managerial record alone along with the Charlton connection I would have had him but I'm worried that he might be a nutter.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    We’ve talked a lot over the period about Leam Richardson. (He would be my first choice)

Has it ever been confirmed or denied that he applied to the role?
    It's not been confirmed that anyone has applied for the role.
    Appleton and Cowley definitely have...
    Not confirmed from the club though. It's all indirect information, where Cawley and the ilk are told stuff or hear stuff.
    The club won't confirm who was interviewed. A mate of mine literally met Cowley at the valley... And Appleton was there the same day. Not been fed this by anyone senior!
    Met Cowley ? I wouldn’t recognise him in passing personally. 

Did he also meet Appleton or are you saying you understand he was there the same day?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Rob said:
    I think the main problem on here with Appleton is that horrific mug shot we’ve had to put up with for a few years now. That mugshot was never posted in a positive light. Maybe, in real life, he’ll be alright. I for one don’t know much about him apart from that shot which is pretty gruesome. 
    And it's been "a thing" for so long people have forgotten why it was a thing in the first place.

Oh and he was mocked for winning the Man United u21 play of the year earlier in the thread 🙄 
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    We’ve talked a lot over the period about Leam Richardson. (He would be my first choice)

Not confirmed from the club though. It's all indirect information, where Cawley and the ilk are told stuff or hear stuff.
    The club won't confirm who was interviewed. A mate of mine literally met Cowley at the valley... And Appleton was there the same day. Not been fed this by anyone senior!

Did he also meet Appleton or are you saying you understand he was there the same day?
    Was told by him he was there the same day... 30th August. 
  • I’d be quite happy if they didn’t appoint anyone tomorrow and extended the search into next week if it meant we didn’t bring in an uninspiring journeyman like Appleton.
    Fans opinions play no part in the selection process. The managers concern is inspiring and organizing the players. As apparently our reputation has plummeted so low that few actually want the job, finding an experienced manager to take over who's proven to be competent at the level we find ourselves is the best we can expect, no matter how unappealing to the fans. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    Oporto Sports Management has recently started following the club's official X (Twitter) page. Two of their clients are Chris Powell and Michael Appleton.

Individuals – Oporto Sports Management

And Steve Evans... Would be interesting if he applied. Maybe he's exactly the type we need right now..
    I'm glad it's not just me who would like him here.

We'd have to widen the tunnel and reinforce the dug out seats though, he's a big lad.
  • Richard J said:
    I am probably biased given my disclosure last night,but I feel quite positive about Appleton.

Like us he needs this to work and I think he will be good given his record at Lincoln and Oxford.

Onwards and upwards.

Can you ask what the delay is please.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
    More realistically, a poor appointment will leave us stuck in mid table mediocrity for the 3rd season running.
    Make no mistake a poor appointment could leave us in the 4th division for the first time in our history.
    It would have to be a TERRIBLE appointment to do that, and realistically that's not going to happen. The likes of Appleton and the Cowleys are unexciting, but they're also both safe pairs of hands as well.
    A shame this cannot be said about our goalkeepers.
  • This is all bullishit rumours driving down the odds 
  • edited September 2023
    I have to say I am totally underwhelmed by the new manager appointment.

I have no idea who it will be but I’m just a dedicated follower of fashion.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Thank
    you. 

Surprised we have taken this long to reach a decision if ‘interview’ was last Wednesday. 

• edited September 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Thank
    you. 

Surprised we have taken this long to reach a decision if ‘interview’ was last Wednesday. 

Second interviews were yesterday and Tuesday. Not sure if those two progressed to that stage. Though was told Cowley's interview went well.
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Thank
    you. 

Well if there were 2 rounds of interviews that actually would fit. Last week the initial, first round, then the second round this week with those who made the shortlist.
  • Saw Pawel Abbot coming out of the Valley yesterday, just passing on.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Cowley told a random that Appleton was also interviewed earlier. 
  • At the end of the day no matter who get appointed, win two league games in a row, go over to the fans and throw a few passionate clenched fists around,  and then tell Terry in the interview afterwards how amazing the fans were, everyone will be positive about them no matter who it is. 
    ‘We’ve got our Charlton back’
  • I hope they make the announcement soon, or I sense we may become a little anxious. 
  • edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
    More realistically, a poor appointment will leave us stuck in mid table mediocrity for the 3rd season running.
    Make no mistake a poor appointment could leave us in the 4th division for the first time in our history.
    Even if we gave it to Pearce there is no way we get relegated. There is some proper shit in this league, Cheltenham haven’t even scored a goal yet. Our squad is far too good to get relegated, we’ve had 1 striker, no depth, been playing loads of teenagers and a load of players injured yet are still 16th. A poor appointment would have us bottom half and still a low point in our history. Anyone half decent will be able to match Holden/Jackson mid-table achievements and anyone good should get this team in or near the top 6 
  • Is there anything really worth reading on this thread?
    I come back on the site after a few hours off and see 300 + new posts but no new "new manager" thread so I know that it will be the usual garbage, so I just fast-forward to the the most recent comment, but still nothing of interest.
    I don't understand the constant need to post something, anything.
  • Kap10 said:
    No white smoke above the Valley yet then.

Is that Holden?
  • Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:
    No white smoke above the Valley yet then.

Is that Holden?
    I dunno where Holden is but to me looks more like somewhere like Beirut?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!