Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Sadly Ricardo Vaz Te has no managerial experience so one presumes not him
  • Appleton now 4/7 & Cowley slashed to 5/2 

It's heating up!
  • Costs was only appointed manager at AVS a few months ago, going very well in Portuguese second division with none other than Jorge Teixeira playing for them. Funnily enough the club was only founded 4 months ago and went straight into the second tier which probably tells you quite a bit about the Portuguese football pyramid.
  • Are we waiting to announce until Appleton has returned from his holiday in the Algarve?
  • Really expected us to announce today.
  • This is one hell of a job they're doing softening us up for Chris Wilder is all I can say
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    I will be completely underwhelmed if its Appleton or The Cowleys, they are hardly awe-inspiring, and I'm not sure they will be anything but 'yes' men.
    Why change without a plan B? I just don't get it!
    Well, because it wasn’t working, and very basic mistakes were being made re line-up, formation and substitutions. E.g. leaving Asiimwe on when his legs had gone, when there was a replacement on the bench.
    Realistically how are we supposed to find a manager who is awe inspiring, when we’re floating around outside the relegation zone in L1 with owners who are an unknown quantity. 
    It’s either the likes of Appleton and Cowley, who have at least has some success in lower league football, or a Jimmy Seed left field appointment, based on ‘a good feeling’. Do we as a fan base have the patience for one of those?
  • I suspect the club are waiting for a busy news time that will hopefully distract the fans and then announce the appointment. They must be preying for Putin to do something really stupid
  • Next appointment is absolutely crucial, without sounding too doomsday, balls this one up, and they’ll be little left of the club in league 2, we need someone who can unite the fans, and not be so naff they’ll get the heave ho by Christmas.
  • edited September 2023
    appleton's a bang average league one manager (at best) and has more managerial jobs than i've had hot dinners. Hard pass.
    I have had more hot dinners this week, you must have malnutrition.

No wonder you have trouble with your stool.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The reason there is no discipline at the club and hasn't been for 3 years is because the players know the manager isn't actually in charge of anything.

If he upsets them they can just down tools and wait for them to be sacked.

That's the root of it and has been the case since the international break before we played Gillingham away under Bowyer.
    Interesting you mention that date. I'm guessing Roddy was appointed around that time.
  • appleton's a bang average league one manager (at best) and has more managerial jobs than i've had hot dinners. Hard pass.
    Has he had a chance to manage a good squad in league 1 though?
    Bit harsh to judge a manager if hes only had average/poor squads to work with.
  • Who's everyone's favourite pick from the 2001/02 squad as manager? I don't meant the one with the best managerial record, I mean your favourite to have as manager. I'm going Kish with Andy Todd as assistant.
    Alternatively a rotating managerial carousel across the season of Svensson, Pringle, Lisbie and Johansson who aren't quite good enough overall as managers, but each win 5 games a season to get us where we need to be
    David Collis for me.
  • appleton's a bang average league one manager (at best) and has more managerial jobs than i've had hot dinners. Hard pass.
    Has he had a chance to manage a good squad in league 1 though?
    Bit harsh to judge a manager if hes only had average/poor squads to work with.
    This is the sort of straw clutching I can get behind. 
    With a squad like ours, perhaps a golden dawn awaits! 
    👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Who's everyone's favourite pick from the 2001/02 squad as manager? I don't meant the one with the best managerial record, I mean your favourite to have as manager. I'm going Kish with Andy Todd as assistant.
    Alternatively a rotating managerial carousel across the season of Svensson, Pringle, Lisbie and Johansson who aren't quite good enough overall as managers, but each win 5 games a season to get us where we need to be
    David Collis for me.
    You big hipster you
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who's everyone's favourite pick from the 2001/02 squad as manager? I don't meant the one with the best managerial record, I mean your favourite to have as manager. I'm going Kish with Andy Todd as assistant.
    David Collis for me.
    You big hipster you
    The is genuinely the first time I have ever been called one of them.  My wife will be impressed 😉
  • Who's everyone's favourite pick from the 2001/02 squad as manager? I don't meant the one with the best managerial record, I mean your favourite to have as manager. I'm going Kish with Andy Todd as assistant.
    Richard Rufus?
  • swordfish said:
    Are we waiting to announce until Appleton has returned from his holiday in the Algarve?

A man you’d want to have a beer with! 😂
  • Chunes said:
    Really expected us to announce today.
    Undisclosed.
  • Maybe we’re looking for a versatile manager,  who can manage in a number of different positions or across the board. ‘A jack of all trades, master of none’ type.

A bit like the players we generally sign.
  • Yes we’re in deep doodoo. I gave up on this clutch of owners/smt around 6 weeks ago.
    Hope we get a ‘ strong man ‘ manager, not holding my breath.
    Bowyer for me but appears he’s not been contacted.

Personally I’d even welcome back Robinson, his scouse verbal diarrhoea worth putting up with if he could sort us out.
    Anybody but Appleton!
  • Costa would definitely be an interesting one... Has managed, allbeit in Portugal, and would get the fans massively behind the team
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!