Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Mate at Sparrows Lane has just messaged me to say a new training schedule has gone up today courtesy of the Cowley's:

Monday - Football
    Tuesday - Cross Country
    Wednesday - Rounders

What do they do when they forget their kit 🫣
    Detention 
    Maybe made to play in their pants...
  • It’s going to be Appleton, won’t be anyone in a job as it would have been reported. 
  • Chunes said:
    Mate at Sparrows Lane has just messaged me to say a new training schedule has gone up today courtesy of the Cowley's:

Monday - Football
    Tuesday - Cross Country
    Wednesday - Rounders

Thursday - Country Dancing
    Friday - "mufti" day.  Bring board games.
  • Jac_52 said:
    I will also add that I really hope whoever gets the job has the opportunity to bring in their own coaching team as otherwise we will continue to see the elements of an amateurly coached team that has led us to where we are.
    imperative that they be allowed to bring in a trusted right hand man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    I will also add that I really hope whoever gets the job has the opportunity to bring in their own coaching team as otherwise we will continue to see the elements of an amateurly coached team that has led us to where we are.
    We got rid of the coaches except our set piece "expert" Anthony Hayes when we fired Holden so I assume the new Head Coach will at least get a say in it......

You'd hope!
  • Twitter admin very quiet today…
  • Appleton is up there with how I felt about Russel Slade coming in. Vanilla. 
    Add Adkins to that list 
    Dunno...Adkins made some good videos...😉
    Especially sunny morning walkabout videos, "The sun is shining, the birds are singing and yet again, Charlton are losing ..... and it's a lovely sunny day!"  :)

• Appleton is up there with how I felt about Russel Slade coming in. Vanilla. 
    I think it will be another season of treading water if he comes in. Pointless.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    The fact that this man, who was a meme on this site before memes were even a thing is actually going to be our next manager sums up how fucking horrific it is. Piss poor
    I must’ve missed the announcement…
  • Shame Bows didn't apply - doesn't really add up with the reports from people saying he'd said he wanted it. But each to their own I guess.

I agree, Appleton would be boring. 
  • Appleton has recently been doing commentary work for BBC radio Leicester. Here are his views and insights on Leicester's recent win at Huddersfield- first 17 minutes;

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c90v0x23wj7o

He lacks some charisma but thats ok right? 

• Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Either Cowley or Appleton will mark the completion of our transition from one of the bigger League One clubs to an established mid table one. That's why they are depressing appointments.

Both of them would be metaphorically holding a mirror to our face of how far we've sunk.
    and Dean Holden and Ben Garner didn’t? Don’t get me wrong I would prefer someone more exciting but I’d say Holden and Garner also showed that we weren’t fishing in the same pond as those at the top of L1
    Can't disagree with that. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    The fact that this man, who was a meme on this site before memes were even a thing is actually going to be our next manager sums up how fucking horrific it is. Piss poor
    I must’ve missed the announcement…
    Spot on this. Why sack Holden and get him. We really are a shit house of a club currently. A laughing stock.
  • Who do we want for our next next next manager? 
  • Not that the markets are a hugely reliable indicator but they’re accepting bids on Appleton again, more than anything probably just shows they know f all! 
  • fenaddick said:
    Either Cowley or Appleton will mark the completion of our transition from one of the bigger League One clubs to an established mid table one. That's why they are depressing appointments.

Both of them would be metaphorically holding a mirror to our face of how far we've sunk.
    and Dean Holden and Ben Garner didn’t? Don’t get me wrong I would prefer someone more exciting but I’d say Holden and Garner also showed that we weren’t fishing in the same pond as those at the top of L1
    I can't disagree either in retrospect, but Garner had the potential as a young manager with new ideas on the up, and Holden felt like a bit of an undiscovered old school find.

Cowley and Appleton have enough of a track record to know exactly what their level is.
  • fenaddick said:

Or Adkins and Jackson really, to be honest.

And who are the big fish managers in L1 anyway? Most of the names are only regarded because of the job they're doing at the moment, not because of their history.
  • Either Cowley or Appleton will mark the completion of our transition from one of the bigger League One clubs to an established mid table one. That's why they are depressing appointments.

Been that way for a while
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!