Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Scoham said:

I couldn't agree more, but how many low points are we going to have. As SHG mentions above, the new manager needs to go back to basics and start rebuilding the club from the bottom up.
    Isnt that Scotts job ?  
  • Whoever the new manager is I hope he's a proper no nonsense hard bustard.
    Some of our players are just going through the motions and not giving anywhere near 100%.

We need a Bowyer type manager who will come in and kick arse. 

I don't think the softly softly approach will get us anywhere with this lot.
    Some of our so called experienced players are setting a poor example to the youngsters who are being thrown in too soon.

A proper sergeant major type manager please. 
    There is a big chance you will get your wish. 
    Hmmmm, if that is the case we are looking to appoint somebody who has not been mentioned.
    Nigel Pearson anyone?
  • Whoever the new manager is I hope he's a proper no nonsense hard bustard.
    Some of our players are just going through the motions and not giving anywhere near 100%.

We need a Bowyer type manager who will come in and kick arse. 

I don't think the softly softly approach will get us anywhere with this lot.
    Some of our so called experienced players are setting a poor example to the youngsters who are being thrown in too soon.

A proper sergeant major type manager please. 
    There is a big chance you will get your wish. 
    Hmmmm, if that is the case we are looking to appoint somebody who has not been mentioned.
    Nigel Pearson anyone?
    Can’t see him leaving Bristol City for us 
  • Scoham said:
    Addick_8 said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    No chance. If we win four of those games I’d be very surprised. Three would be a more realistic target, sadly. 
    Realism is so last……whenever.
    If it is right to take one game at a time, then take the next eight games one at a time, and win them one by one.

I am not interested in excuses or reasons any more.
    We’re all desperate to win games Seth. 🙁
    Do you believe Charlie Methven is desperate for Charlton Athletic to win games?
    I would need a hell’ve a lot of convincing to believe that.
    Jesus Christ.
    Apparently when asked he said he has worked miracles previously but this is beyond his capabilities.
    Reminds me of the time a young boy who happened to be a Charlton fan was granted one wish from a genie.

Fan: I want a dragon!

Genie: Not possible.

Fan: Ok, I want Charlton to be the best football team in the world!

Genie: What colour dragon would you like?
    Both really made me chuckle at my desk. Well played!

• Promotion is pure fantasy for this season at the moment. Whoever comes in as manager  has to change the culture and attitude of players, build a decent fitness plan for each player, get that group to play well together, develop a playing strategy that fits the players available, work on player confidence (some will need a kick up the backside / others an encouraging word) etc. All this and more whilst managing a schedule of league games. It feels like we haven't even had a pre season.
  • Scoham said:

Spot on really, isn’t it. 
    Not forgetting quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• What's our path of scapegoating been over the years? I've noticed when things are going well it tends to be the assistant manager because we like the manager. So in my time supporting it's been Mervyn Day > Dowie > Reed > Pardew > Murray > Alex Dyer > Jimenez > Katrien > Roland > Southall > Farnell > Ged Roddy > Bowyer > Adkins > Thomas Sandgaard > Martin Sandgaard > Thomas Sandgaard again > Gallen a bit > back to Thomas Sandgaard > Methven > Andy Scott. Phew! Driesen just misses out by being too rubbish to even get onto a list of useless pricks.
  • edited September 2023
    Scoham said:

Why did he not buy the club then and show us how it’s done .. instead for the second time run away 

• Scoham said:

Why did he not buy the club then and show us how it’s done .. instead for the second time run away 
     No good you pining for him now Ronnie.
  • What's our path of scapegoating been over the years? I've noticed when things are going well it tends to be the assistant manager because we like the manager. So in my time supporting it's been Mervyn Day > Dowie > Reed > Pardew > Murray > Alex Dyer > Jimenez > Katrien > Roland > Southall > Farnell > Ged Roddy > Bowyer > Adkins > Thomas Sandgaard > Martin Sandgaard > Thomas Sandgaard again > Gallen a bit > back to Thomas Sandgaard > Methven > Andy Scott. Phew! Driesen just misses out by being too rubbish to even get onto a list of useless pricks.
    You missed Andrew Mills
  • Scoham said:

What sort of funds do you expect Peter Varney to personally have?
  • edited September 2023
    supaclive said:
    Andy Scott has hardly proven himself in two transfer windows to date.

Whether that's the restrictions he's working under or all his own doing doesn't matter - that's what the new Head Coach will find himself working under.

This is looking more and more like a shit sandwich.
    12 new signings .. think proved himself 
    Your posts have zero credibility.

If we went down you would paint a rosy picture.

But, hang on, you only post for a reaction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    No chance. If we win four of those games I’d be very surprised. Three would be a more realistic target, sadly. 
    Realism is so last……whenever.
    If it is right to take one game at a time, then take the next eight games one at a time, and win them one by one.

I am not interested in excuses or reasons any more.
    We’re all desperate to win games Seth. 🙁
    Do you believe Charlie Methven is desperate for Charlton Athletic to win games?
    I would need a hell’ve a lot of convincing to believe that.
    Jesus Christ.
    Chris Powell has already said no. 
    But Robert Powell gave it a good go
  • Saturdays match against fleetwood we knew all about stockley when he played for us he had 2 centre backs marking him 1 in front and 1 behind whenever the ball came to him he was in a wrestling match with the centre backs. 
    Against us Saturday Anderson was picking him up for the goal and Dobson was marking him at corners. 
    Where are our centre backs and what are they doing has Pearce said to them what ever you do don’t mark stockley. 
    I doubt it so what is happening who’s fault players or management. They’re professional footballers and they defend like school boys 
    And a feeble effort to stop the cross in the first place, when the winger should have been double marked. 
  • Betting seems to have closed on new manager 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!