Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Des Buckingham. Who else thought that was from a parody account? 

We might be better off with Des Barnes :):smile:
  • Buckingham it seems is/was also a Goalkeeper.

double bonus ;)

• Cowley's did not work at Pompey....the football was dire as well.......Appleton will get a bounce and then fall out with the players.....Lindsey Buckingham for me....looking out for love
  • Buckingham does seem like the kind of left field name someone like Andy Scott might have known or come across. I know in the piece Forever Addickted linked to it mentioned that he's ex Oxford United too so would have been known to Lenagan and Methven too, even if they aren't "involved" in this. 

Don't hate the idea of going for someone like that , at least it shows we aren't just looking in the usual suspects box.
  • Scoham said:

Why did he not buy the club then and show us how it’s done .. instead for the second time run away 
    Can't believe I'm feeding the troll, with the following based on what (from memory) has been previously posted

A) varney has never been directly involved with an parties interested in buying the club, purely introduced them
    B) I think it was airman that said that the parties wanted all assets and couldn't get in front of people selling the assets
    C) Varneys tweet isn't wrong

apart from that, I think you are spot on 😂

It genuinely shocks me that every post from Ronnie Moore is scrutinised but Golfie's miserable, negative nonsense is put up with. Ignore Ronnie Moore if you don't like it - he doesn't even post the worst opinions on here, that's the biggest joke of all! 
  • I know nothing of Indian football but Buckingham made them the most successful Indian side in the Asian Champions League plus;

Mumbai City won the Indian Super League (ISL) on 11 February 2023 after an 18-match unbeaten streak, the longest in ISL history. Buckingham’s side broke fifteen records while securing the title, including the most points and goals scored in a single season, while also having the best goal difference, most league wins and longest winning streak in the history of the competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know nothing of Indian football but Buckingham made them the most successful Indian side in the Asian Champions League plus;

Mumbai City won the Indian Super League (ISL) on 11 February 2023 after an 18-match unbeaten streak, the longest in ISL history. Buckingham’s side broke fifteen records while securing the title, including the most points and goals scored in a single season, while also having the best goal difference, most league wins and longest winning streak in the history of the competition.
    He'll tarnish that in just one season with us lol
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The reason there is no discipline at the club and hasn't been for 3 years is because the players know the manager isn't actually in charge of anything.

If he upsets them they can just down tools and wait for them to be sacked.

That's the root of it and has been the case since the international break before we played Gillingham away under Bowyer.

And that is different at other Clubs ?
    Since Bosman the power is with players but I don't believe its worse at cafc than other clubs but when on a losing run all the boils burst and it's not a pretty site. The pus hits the fans.

Perhaps we need to analyse how Luton, Coventry and Bournemouth managed to come back from  the National League in Luton's case and League 2 in Coventry and Bournemouth's case.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Just has a message from my so called ITK contact saying it's Appleton , I hope they are wrong :)
    Heard the same.
  • edited September 2023
    Bubble said:

Interesting choice... Looking at his record, age etc. he sounds the sort of gamble I'd be happy with us making.
    Might as well go for a non league manager. 
    Why... Because you've got no knowledge of him?

Was linked to the Celtic job in the Summer, so he's probably a target too big for us - But doesnt come across as a nobody.
    I’m sure he’s very good. I’m just a bit reality checked that the manager of Mumbai City is probably too big a target for us. I’ll ask my Mumbai City supporting mate what he thinks.
  • Was Appleton involved at Oxford at a similar time to Methvan?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Just has a message from my so called ITK contact saying it's Appleton , I hope they are wrong :)
    Heard the same.
    you heard that CH4RLTON had a message from his ITK contact?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Heard the same.
    you heard that CH4RLTON had a message from his ITK contact?
    No. That Appleton was the choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    His CV is impressive though. An Eddie Howe type. Shame. I’d prefer him over the Cowley and Appleton merry go round 
    Why is he a Eddie Howe "type" not a Ben Garner "type"?
  • CFG obviously see something in Buckingham to outright reject an approach. Wouldn't be surprised if he was in MLS next with NYCFC 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The reason there is no discipline at the club and hasn't been for 3 years is because the players know the manager isn't actually in charge of anything.

If he upsets them they can just down tools and wait for them to be sacked.

That's the root of it and has been the case since the international break before we played Gillingham away under Bowyer.

And that is different at other Clubs ?
    Since Bosman the power is with players but I don't believe its worse at cafc than other clubs but when on a losing run all the boils burst and it's not a pretty site. The pus hits the fans.

Perhaps we need to analyse how Luton, Coventry and Bournemouth managed to come back from  the National League in Luton's case and League 2 in Coventry and Bournemouth's case.
    The manager had/has no power at the club due the ownership/SMT.  If the players go crying to Thomas/Martin/Andy/Charlie it is the manager that gets the chop.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    His CV is impressive though. An Eddie Howe type. Shame. I’d prefer him over the Cowley and Appleton merry go round 
    Why is he an Eddie Howe "type" not a Ben Garner "type"?
    Because he’s been successful
  • Bubble said:

Interesting choice... Looking at his record, age etc. he sounds the sort of gamble I'd be happy with us making.

Des Buckingham's journey to Mumbai City success - via Oxford United and Oceania - BBC Sport
    Ah of course there’s an Oxford United link. How imaginative of Methven and Rodwell. 
  • Valley11 said:o
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    Why is he an Eddie Howe "type" not a Ben Garner "type"?
    Because he’s been successful
    Because he has had £££ 
  • What's our path of scapegoating been over the years? I've noticed when things are going well it tends to be the assistant manager because we like the manager. So in my time supporting it's been Mervyn Day > Dowie > Reed > Pardew > Murray > Alex Dyer > Jimenez > Katrien > Roland > Southall > Farnell > Ged Roddy > Bowyer > Adkins > Thomas Sandgaard > Martin Sandgaard > Thomas Sandgaard again > Gallen a bit > back to Thomas Sandgaard > Methven > Andy Scott. Phew! Driesen just misses out by being too rubbish to even get onto a list of useless pricks.
    You forgot Slater.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!