Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Addick_8 said:
    Unless Rich Cawley tweets it, I’m not listening to anything else.
    All we have confirmed is the Powell interim link. I don’t think we have been rejected by Challinor (as in job offer) and I am not entirely convinced about this Buckingham link until Cawley confirms. 
    The Buckingham link came from one of Cawley's colleagues
  • I wonder what sort of wage and transfer budget we are offering. 
    The amount of managers supposedly turning us down shows just what a shit show we have become 
    I imagine Holden was cheap, probably 100k a year, maybe higher 

Depends on who we want I guess.  I would imagine the likes of Appleton and the Cowley’s can’t command as good a wage as their previous one with each previous sacking.  

Someone like Holden (no disrespect) was going nowhere in his career and would’ve jumped at the chance to manage us, probably at something like the figure above.  Someone like a Bowyer will probably want more, but again, he’s had a couple of jobs now, and it’s a balance of ‘do they want to get back in’ vs ‘what they think they should earn’.

• The final 2 on the shortlist 
  • Addick_8 said:
    All we have confirmed is the Powell interim link. I don’t think we have been rejected by Challinor (as in job offer) and I am not entirely convinced about this Buckingham link until Cawley confirms. 
    Hes a friend of a friend and also a millwall fan …
  • Read an article recently on des Buckingham and actually thought he looks very promising, would be a good appt. In my eyes.
    shame it’s not a…goa
    goat? is it a goat?
  • edited September 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Genuine question - if it is Appleton - are there other examples where a manager who has bumbled around the lower leagues with limited success, eventually found the right club and propelled them to genuine success? 
    He seems like the ultimate jobbing manager. 
    Mark Robbins at Coventry?

But yes, like players, if you're actually that good you will tend to move up the divisions quickly and stay there and not get stuck in League 1/2 for any great length of time. Not to say it never happens, but it's the exception rather than the rule. A lot of managers who get promotion from this league are in their first job.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Hes a friend of a friend and also a millwall fan …
    Des also has a barrow in the market place. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Genuine question - if it is Appleton - are there other examples where a manager who has bumbled around the lower leagues with limited success, eventually found the right club and propelled them to genuine success? 
    He seems like the ultimate jobbing manager. 
    Mark Robbins at Coventry?

But yes, like players, if you're actually that good you will tend to move up the divisions quickly and stay there and not get stuck in League 1/2 for any great length of time. Not to say it never happens, but it's the exception rather than the rule. A lot of managers who get promotion from this league are in their first job.
    Robbins a good shout. Wilder, Pulis and Warnock perhaps. Depends how you define limited and genuine success.
  • Sponsored links:

• If as looks likely we announce one of the obvious 2nd rate options that we have named on here since DH went I can’t wait for the club statement “After a lengthy and competitive interview process we have appointed (insert name) who we feel is the best equipped to lead the club forward”

I would honestly prefer it if they said “well we are such a shite state at the moment it was between him and another even worse option as nobody was interested”
  • Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    No chance. If we win four of those games I’d be very surprised. Three would be a more realistic target, sadly. 
    Realism is so last……whenever.
    If it is right to take one game at a time, then take the next eight games one at a time, and win them one by one.

I am not interested in excuses or reasons any more.
    We’re all desperate to win games Seth. 🙁
    Do you believe Charlie Methven is desperate for Charlton Athletic to win games?
    I would need a hell’ve a lot of convincing to believe that.
    Didn’t he say he’s put some of his own money in? If so he’ll want to make a profit on that, no just collect a salary (do we know he’s getting one?).
    I think he said something along the lines of if he put x amount in it would be a huge amount to him whereas for the other investors it would be a drop in the ocean. Only problem here is that he isn't an investor, he was given 5% shares of the club for putting the deal together. Bullshitter !
  • Well I for one am excited who we will be sacking in September or October 2024, if not before.
  • edited September 2023
    DA9 said:
    So is it Des Buckingham or Mumbai City who are having naan of it?
    If he came to us he would only Phaal...
  • DA9 said:
    He is having Naan of it
  • Well if we’re opening those doors I’ve been patiently waiting for a few hours  to file through with…

Speaking to my Mumbai City supporting mate…
    He said Des is a big fan of Pep Guadiola and got them playing a similar style of tikka-taka:-) 
    Missed opportunity there, Tikka-tarka-dal...
  • You should all be ashamed of yourselves, I thought there would be a sari-ous conversation on this thread at the very least.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    DA9 said:
    We haven't got the players to play a tikka tikka style

edit. Just seen sizzles comment. I'm like an Indian takeaway driver.....20 mins late
  • AndyG said:
    If as looks likely we announce one of the obvious 2nd rate options that we have named on here since DH went I can’t wait for the club statement “After a lengthy and competitive interview process we have appointed (insert name) who we feel is the best equipped to lead the club forward”

I would honestly prefer it if they said “well we are such a shite state at the moment it was between him and another even worse option as nobody was interested”
    Actually I think Insert Name could definitely do a job for us at this level.
  • Davo55 said:
    I predict a raita.
    You spent all night thinking that one up.
  • Rekon Des will just be using us as a pathia to better things anyway 

• He said Des is a big fan of Pep Guardiola and got them playing a similar style of tikka-taka :-) 
    Dizzle said:
    I wonder if he plays a Tikka Taka style of play
    I demand at least two of your LOLs @Dizzle :-) 
  • Dennis romme-dahl
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!