Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Thought I’d poppadom to see what all the new posts were about and all there is a lot of Punjabi.
  • My takeaway from all this is that Richard J genuinely believes he has a scoop that it is Appleton. 
    Thanks @Weegie Addick.

The reason I posted it is because my source doesn't particularly like football, but knows I am a fanatical Addick. After all Appleton isn't a household name outside the football community.

As I say above I know I could be heading for pelters and could deservedly appear on @Dazzler21's.wall of shame.
  • Thought I’d poppadom to see what all the new posts were about and all there is a lot of Punjabi.
    There's a lot of jeeras on this thread but no-ones really cumin in with anything except chaat.
  • Were going to score one more than you... Vindaloo, vindaloo and we all like vindaloo
  • So it’s been exposed we are approaching managers BOWYER tba 
  • At least we’re no longer in the Papadoms Trophy. 
  • Reminds me of an old job I had, a lad called Josh used to bring in curry and heat it up for lunch every day, was suitably nick named Rogan for the rest of his time there.
    Gosh!
  • Think these are the shortest odds so far.

• Sponsored links:

• Think these are the shortest odds so far.

Jesus wept.

If it is him it just stinks of a manager leading us to mid-table again. Probably be sacked by the end of the year or early next season with a 34% win rate or thereabouts. 

I would have been more inspired by Lee Johnson. 
  • edited September 2023
    Richard J said:
    I have never been itk in my life ,but I have just been told by my wife's best friend that her daughter in law is the best friend of the wife of the next Charlton manager...... Michael Appleton.

This is either top knowledge or I could look very stupid in the morning.
    Ha.
    Am trying to relate to this to work out if it's worth a bet at 2/5. 

If my partner had a best friend, who had a son who was married and the person they were married to had a best friend who was ITK (by being best friend's with MA's wife), what chance is there that that information would get relayed back to me as known charlton nut in that set of relationships... The son would know of me I'd estimate,  and his wife's best friend would have easily relayed that information to his wife and he'd have picked up on it.

More succinctly, if I was MA's wife I'd tell my best friend and expect she'd tell her husband the good news in turn. If I was the son I might tell my mum the exciting news entering the household this evening as to why my wife is excited for her best friend. As the mother I'd think that news has value for my best friend and so mention to Richard's wife. 

It also fits with the 6 degrees of separation theory, which IIRC is that everyone knows everyone within 6 hops.  Richard is 6 hops from MA in his account.

I think this is investible information.
  • Richard J said:
    I have never been itk in my life ,but I have just been told by my wife's best friend that her daughter in law is the best friend of the wife of the next Charlton manager...... Michael Appleton.

This is either top knowledge or I could look very stupid in the morning.
    Ha.
    Am trying to relate to this to work out if it's worth a bet at 2/5. 

If my partner had a best friend, who had a son who was married and the person they were married to had a best friend who was ITK (by being best friend's with MA's wife), what chance is there that that information would get relayed back to me as known charlton nut in that set of relationships... The son would know of me I'd estimate,  and his wife's best friend would have easily relayed that information to his wife and he'd have picked up on it.

More succinctly, if I was MA's wife I'd tell my best friend and expect she'd tell her husband the good news in turn. If I was the son I might tell my mum the exciting news entering the household this evening as to why my wife is excited for her best friend. As the mother I'd think that news has value for my best friend and so mention to Richard's wife. 

It also fits with the 6 degrees of separation theory, which IIRC is that everyone knows everyone within 6 hops.  Richard is 6 hops from MA in his account.

I think this is investible information.
    I like this. 

Appleton, it is then.

Nailed on.

• Shit fuck bollox.

Thought something might be brewing seeing as there were 65 new posts.

But no. More fucking stupid puns. Not fish this time but something to do with curry.

Juvenile. 

If you're really that Sikh of it then don't bother. Book yourself a nice relaxing holiday and switch off from CL.

Just be careful for the turban-lance on the flight.
  • Richard J said:
    My takeaway from all this is that Richard J genuinely believes he has a scoop that it is Appleton. 
    Thanks @Weegie Addick.

The reason I posted it is because my source doesn't particularly like football, but knows I am a fanatical Addick. After all Appleton isn't a household name outside the football community.

As I say above I know I could be heading for pelters and could deservedly appear on @Dazzler21's.wall of shame.
    Keep the info coming. Got us away from the food gags for a start.
    The Chinese whispers type of link will always get some Scepticism.
    Just a shame that at the manager had to be Appleton 😂 
    If only they’d known Nathan Jones!!😉
  • I think this appointment is much more about who is willing to do it than who the club wants. 
     I'll be more than willing to give it a go? 
  • Sponsored links:

• What do fans of his past clubs think of him, both good and bad? I don't think he's poorly regarded amongst his peers, but he's used to experiencing negativity from fans of clubs that appoint him at first. He can only change that by delivering results, but asking him to win the next eight or nine games to win you over is a high bar Seth 😉

I think I'd take us not losing the next as a positive sign of things to come as things stand. The Club certainly needs to get lucky and turn a different corner with whoever takes the job for so many reasons.
  • I think this appointment is much more about who is willing to do it than who the club wants. 
    The same as when Lenny and curbs and Gritt got the job then. 
    Regardless of the shenanigans that have gone on recently, we will still be an attractive proposition to many managers 
  • edited September 2023
    Can't wait until Martin Vilas has a rant about all these terrible puns
  • Shit fuck bollox.

Thought something might be brewing seeing as there were 65 new posts.

But no. More fucking stupid puns. Not fish this time but something to do with curry.

Juvenile. 

I don’t get this one. Can you get a Chicken Juvenile??
    I think it’s Chinese. Foo Yung
  • PWADDICK said:
    I think this appointment is much more about who is willing to do it than who the club wants. 
    Regardless of the shenanigans that have gone on recently, we will still be an attractive proposition to many managers 

Many out of work managers who can't get a job

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!