Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• edited September 2023
  • edited September 2023
    One person says something and immediately it's a fact.

Is that just a Charlton thing or true of every club.
    It's a social media thing.  "Truthiness" is the new truth.
  • Cowley now Favourite.
  • The bookies now have Cowley as favourite. 
    I’m not against it, but they haven’t done the business in the last few jobs.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

There is nobody else out there that appeals to me. 
    Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Where did you hear about Moore turning us down?
    Wouldn’t be surprised but I’ve not heard that anywhere.
    He declined to comment on the job to Cawley apparently.
    I move in football related circles but that doesn’t put me ITK on all subjects. 
    I’m a Darren Moore fan, but my info
    is that it’s not happening. 
    However, money talks and people change their mind. 

Similar with Challenor, I’m told it’s about moving here. We will see. 

On a positive note: you can’t beat an ex-Charlton player as our manager. 
    Are you Phil Neville?
    50% Correct. 
    Gary Neville?
    Correct. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Think I’m in the minority here but I would be relatively happy with Cowley. I don’t think his record is anywhere near as bad as some make out. He did ok at Portsmouth considering they didn’t do much before, or after him. It’s also easy to forget how bad Huddersfield were before he came in and turned it around. 
    Not my first choice, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as some are making out.
    (Also he is from Havering and taught at the school near me so he’s a local and has my backing!)

Make sure you ask for it back.
  • Bottom line is, no one knows who has been interviewed, what has been said, who is up for the second interview and why those approached have turned down the role.
    The only people that know who are those involved

• edited September 2023
    Danny Cowley is evens now at the bookies
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    The bookies now have Cowley as favourite. 
    FFS no !!!
  • If it is Cowley presumably we have to employ his brother too. So will somebody get chopped if that happens?
  • RedRobin said:
    The bookies now have Cowley as favourite. 
    Only in their last job, They've always done the business before that.
  • Gribbo said:
    Bookies ain't got a fudgin clue, that's why it keeps changing between about 5 people every 12 hours
    Bookies don’t care. They just adjust the odds to reflect the betting. Simples.
  • seth plum said:
    If it is Cowley presumably we have to employ his brother too. So will somebody get chopped if that happens?
    Yes, you can't have one without the other. I believe that although Danny is head coach/manager and Nicky assistant they share the money equally.
  • edited September 2023
    Redrobo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Bookies ain't got a fudgin clue, that's why it keeps changing between about 5 people every 12 hours
    Yeah that's kind of what I meant.

Would love to know how much has been waged on the new manager over the last couple of weeks. Its probably only a matter of about a fiver here or there, and it all changes again
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    If it is Cowley presumably we have to employ his brother too. So will somebody get chopped if that happens?
    Well Senda and Shimell have already gone.
  • seth plum said:
    Don’t forget Senda left too so I expect whoever is appointed to bring in their own assistant.
  • Redrobo said:
    Gribbo said:
      Wheres @bobmunro?
  • Cowleys come as a two! 
  • Interesting that Warburton has sneaked into the odds
  • ROKERITE said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes, you can't have one without the other. I believe that although Danny is head coach/manager and Nicky assistant they share the money equally.
    Thanks, Barry Cowley
  • Interesting that Warburton has sneaked into the odds
    Just the bookies using there loaf
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!