Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• supaclive said:
    Noting what @Airman Brown said - about the next step for Powell would have been to talk to Methven.

Why?
    CM and his apologists keep saying he's got nothing to do with the running of the club
    Another lie

Which we all knew already

To be fair it has also been said that CM is the link between the SMT and the owners so although he might not be involved in the day to day running any big appointment like that would surely have to get his approval. CM would not be doing his job to the owners if not. 

I know I have been interviewed before and then told we like you but just want you in to meet the MD etc.

Agree, my first thought was the same, but on consideration, I doubt many managers get appointed without some discussions with the owner, and Methven has clearly said he’s the representative for ownership. 
  • Ok who is going to make the first joke about Bonner...

Gravesend Addick won that race at 2.09.👏
    Properly whooshed, that will teach me :smile:
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Noting what @Airman Brown said - about the next step for Powell would have been to talk to Methven.

Why?
    CM and his apologists keep saying he's got nothing to do with the running of the club
    Another lie

To be fair it has also been said that CM is the link between the SMT and the owners so although he might not be involved in the day to day running any big appointment like that would surely have to get his approval. CM would not be doing his job to the owners if not. 

I know I have been interviewed before and then told we like you but just want you in to meet the MD etc.

The MD runs the company.....

Ok take that last sentence about my experience out of it then the point stands, but you knew that.

You tell him mate.
  • supaclive said:

Why?
    Another lie

Agreed, it's Scott who will actually make the decision. CM will effectively rubber stamp it and recommend Scott's person to the owners. 

There would be no point having Scott there (on a decent salary no doubt) to make these key football decisions if you don't let him make the decisions.
    I agree, I think that's how it should work but I have a sneaky feeling that CM's PR background means he can't help throwing in old managers names into the mix. To try and placate the anger with the fans at this seasons calamitous start. 
  • Bowyer back in front

https://youtu.be/5al93RXgsVM?si=d8rz4yYIvDnrxYnz
  • clive said:
    This this is the next manager thread. Not the Ronnie Moore thread. 
    https://www.eastleighfc.com/ronnie-moore-announced-as-new-manager/
    Nice one Clive . He is still only 70. 

Remember watching him that season in the FA Cup at Eastleigh.
  • Bowyer back in front

If Bows doesn't want to come back (who'd blame him) then either Warburton or Richardson for me. Please not Appleton.....couldn't put up with that pic of him every 5 mins 😠.
  • Sponsored links:

• that was last friday however, so things could have changed in that time, but i doubt it.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

If Bows doesn't want to come back (who'd blame him) then either Warburton or Richardson for me. Please not Appleton.....couldn't put up with that pic of him every 5 mins 😠.
    according to SG who i spoke with last week and is obviously close with Bow, he does and is interested, but they have not made any contact. 
    Why would Bow or his agent not just get in contact then and let it be known instead of waiting around if he wanted to that much

• edited September 2023
    I don't want Richardson, I mean wtf is his first name? Liam spelt funny or is he named after a flash of light?

Or is it the Gaelic spelling or something?
  • I reckon the thread title should change to September 2023.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

according to SG who i spoke with last week and is obviously close with Bow, he does and is interested, but they have not made any contact. 

• Has Bowyer been approached ?
  • cfgs said:
    I don't want Richardson, I mean wtf is his first name? Liam spelt funny or is he named after a flash of light?

Or is it the Gaelic spelling or something?
    I could put up with any spelling of a managers name if they get us out of this league (preferably upwards)
  • Bowyer back in front

The bookies and the fans haven't got a clue who the new manager will be for the favourite to be as high as 2-1.
    Personally i'd have Bows back but only because the other options do absolutely nothing for me. 
  • Didn't Richardson play for Bolton with Holden?  Wonder if we were interested if he would take it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

Why would Bow or his agent not just get in contact then and let it be known instead of waiting around if he wanted to that much

Would be a weak negotiation point when it comes to remuneration?
  • Haven’t seen him mentioned in any odds for next manager but I what would people think about Mick McCarthy? He ain’t got a job atm either…
    Maybe in the 70s
  • edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Didn't Richardson play for Bolton with Holden?  Wonder if we were interested if he would take it. 

Dean Holden was at Bolton between 98-02 but for those 4 seasons only played 13 times for the trotters because of bad injuries. 
    Leam Richardson was at Bolton from 2000/03 and he also only played 13 games but that was because he went out on two loans to Notts County and Blackpool.

Their paths crossed and they would know each other but played in the same team ?
    Maybe.
  • Haven’t seen him mentioned in any odds for next manager but I what would people think about Mick McCarthy? He ain’t got a job atm either…
    Maybe in the 70s
    🤣

64 ain’t too old for a manager tho 
  • edited September 2023
    Haven’t seen him mentioned in any odds for next manager but I what would people think about Mick McCarthy? He ain’t got a job atm either…
    I would have loved big Mick a few years ago and think he is/was exactly the type of manager we need.  If you have no control of who you buy (and the transfer window is closed anyway) you need someone very pragmatic and not a process and evolution manager.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

who knows, i don't know if he has applied but they have ignored it or whether he has made it clear he'd be interested and is waiting for them to approach him. Couldn't tell you
  • edited September 2023
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

He could always make contact with them if he’s that interested (personally hope he doesn’t)
    We need a matchmaker...

You think you've lost your love
    Well, I saw her yesterday
    It's you she's thinkin' of
    And she told me what to say
    She says she loves you
    And you know that can't be bad
    Yes, she loves you
    And you know you should be glad
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Bowyer back in front

He could always make contact with them if he’s that interested (personally hope he doesn’t)
    pretty sure Cawley said out of work mangers need to apply to be considered (I know this is contradicted by the apparent approach to Powell)
    One hasn't come up yet..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!