Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• I've never understood why people get so worked up over Ronnie Moore's posts..

I just ignore him  it's pretty simple really 
    It can’t be that simple or people wouldn’t get so worked up?

Sounds like an R.D. Laing knot.
  • seth plum said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who is R.Moore on the other side?
     A true WUM ( @seth plum Wind Up Merchant)

What do you mean?
    I only post here under the one name.
    I think he is being considerate and spelling out the TLA (three letter acronym) for you. Not everyone’s out to get you, Seth 😉
    I am. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Any plans to help Ronnie Moore are totally misguided. He is an effing idiot who deliberately posts controversial views. 
    He has openly posted on ITTV forum that he comes on here to wind people up. Ignore. 
    If true then I’d be reaching for the mute button if there was one.
    It's true, he posts as Bexleyboy on ittv
  • Gribbo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

There is nobody else out there that appeals to me. 
    Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Where did you hear about Moore turning us down?
    Wouldn’t be surprised but I’ve not heard that anywhere.
    He declined to comment on the job to Cawley apparently.
    I move in football related circles but that doesn’t put me ITK on all subjects. 
    I’m a Darren Moore fan, but my info
    is that it’s not happening. 
    However, money talks and people change their mind. 

Similar with Challenor, I’m told it’s about moving here. We will see. 

On a positive note: you can’t beat an ex-Charlton player as our manager. 
    Are you Phil Neville?
    50% Correct. 
    Phil Mitchell
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Do we know for sure that Chris Powell turned the role down “because of the plan”. Where’s that bit come from ? I’d have thought it more likely he wasn’t interested because he’s already got the tee shirt and probably after his associations with England and Spurs can have some very attractive coaching options without the hassle of tin pot club management. 
    I'd think there are more than a few Charlton people with a direct line to Powell 
    You have to believe in the plan for sure but Chris Powell is in a far more stable job than was being offered, pretty good chance he would be number 18 in 18 and looking for work again. 
    Is he in current employment?
    I thought he was still involved in the England coaching staff Shooters, I could be wrong though. 
    Powell has definitely left the England coaching staff. He was replaced by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink a few months ago.
  • JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who is R.Moore on the other side?
     A true WUM ( @seth plum Wind Up Merchant)

What do you mean?
    I only post here under the one name.
    I think he is being considerate and spelling out the TLA (three letter acronym) for you. Not everyone’s out to get you, Seth 😉
    I am. 
    Although WUM is a TLA, strangely enough TLA isn’t 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronnie pass the bucket Moore is 70 years old and Eastleigh will be his first manager's job for 7 years.
    He only ever works "grim up North" so by coming down to Hants he can meet up with his fellow Merseysider Nigel Adkins and go on lovely walks in the countryside.

Ronnie Moore as an Ex Charlton player is hoping to be on the shortlist next season (autumn) when Charlton are looking for a new manager again 🙄

• TeeC said:
    Boy does this thread need a rumour 
    Shall we start a Will Still bandwagon? He was all the craze last year. Knows how to be a 'Football Manager' inside out...
  • C_Dubz said:
    TeeC said:
    Boy does this thread need a rumour 
    Shall we start a Will Still bandwagon? He was all the craze last year. Knows how to be a 'Football Manager' inside out...
    Solid start this year as well, 4th in the league behind Monaco, PSG and Marseille.

Wonder if he'd be interested in a move to 16th in league one.
  • We really need to be making an appointment by tomorrow latest. We're quite fortunate that we have no game next weekend, so that gives the new manager time to work on things before a trip to Stevenage who could well be top of the table by then.

Yes things have got that bad whereby we'd probably be quite happy to take a point from Stevenage. I can remember seeing them play at Welling in the 90s.
  • Stevenage is a must win.
  • I don’t see the new man in the dugout at Stevenage. Hopefully in the stands watching. Pearce in the hot seat for the last time I hope.
  • I think it'll be Mark Warburton, not a rumour but just a feeling.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    The next manager will be the one who does as he is told by Scott.
    Scott who? 🤔 😉
  • edited September 2023
    My main concern/question is just how much our new manager will be free to actually manage. Andy Scott is doing a lot of the signing/transfer work which is okay and perhaps expected as DoF.

But hopefully that won't turn into RD style dictating of who plays and what formation etc 
  • thenewbie said:
    My main concern/question is just how much our new manager will be free to actually manage. Andy Scott is doing a lot of the signing/transfer work which is okay and perhaps expected 
    I think that’s why we might look for more of a coaching style manager, especially with the young players we’ve got. Appleton fits that but I’m still hopeful we can get someone more exciting or with a better record 
  • I don’t see the new man in the dugout at Stevenage. Hopefully in the stands watching. Pearce in the hot seat for the last time I hope.
    If we still don't have a new manager in 12 days time then we really are a joke.
  • If we got Parker in Methven could always say it's all Scott's fault...
  • Andy
    Pandy?
  • I'm not making any wider point but Powell was offered the interim post, which is what Pearce is doing, not the manager's post. That is what he declined.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!