Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Scott Brown next Charlton manger. You heard it here first.

Available and was at the Valley yesterday.

2/5 with some bookies.
    He has been muted for the Hibs job.
    So he's not allowed to discuss it?
  • seth plum said:
    An option would be to
    Advertise the job
    Shortlist the applicants if there are any.
    Conduct interviews which includes a practical of some kind.
    Appoint someone, or re advertise if they’re all poor, asking those previously applying not to re apply.

And wait until November ?
    As every game is must win Mr Plum I would've thought time is of the essence ⏳
    We're eight points off professor Plum's target of four home wins and two away draws. As 14 points would see us top, two points a game may not be needed for automatic by season end.

Remember that after beating Orient he said P'bro was a must not lose to stay on track, but now we've been derailed, all games are must win until we're averaging two pints a game home and away. I think that's how it works.
  • My memory not what it once was but I think it was Les Reed who tried to sign Scott Brown before he went to Celtic. 
    Didn't we try and sign Brown and the striker who's name I can't remember, I think he ended up at Sunderland, from Hibs? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    My memory not what it once was but I think it was Les Reed who tried to sign Scott Brown before he went to Celtic. 
    Didn't we try and sign Brown and the striker who's name I can't remember, I think he ended up at Sunderland, from Hibs? 
    Was Brown and Kevin Thomson. Another Midfielder who both went to play for old firm.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6196309.stm
  • UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    My memory not what it once was but I think it was Les Reed who tried to sign Scott Brown before he went to Celtic. 
    Was Brown and Kevin Thomson. Another Midfielder who both went to play for old firm.
    Cheers I think I am confusing him with Anthony Stokes?  I mean it was 20 odd years ago 🤔 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cheers I think I am confusing him with Anthony Stokes?  I mean it was 20 odd years ago 🤔 

Yeah we were linked to Stokes, think he'd scored a load of goals at Falkirk on loan and ended up going to Sunderland from Arsenal. 
  • Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

There is nobody else out there that appeals to me. 
    Let’s stick with Pearce. 

Is it gossip or have both Moore and Challinor turned us down ?

Any reliable source ?
  • edited September 2023
    I the two year period that Moore was at Sheff Wed. How much did he spend on players or precisely did he have a very big budget to work with ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I the two year period that Moore was at Sheff Wed. How much did he spend on players or precisely did he have a very big budget to work with ? 
    50k on Famewo !! Snip at that price.
    I’d imagine it was the wage bill rather than transfer fees that were the biggest winner for Wednesday.
  • UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasnt it this lad as well? - Derek Riordan - Wikipedia
    So has CP. 

Let’s stick with Pearce. 

Is it gossip or have both Moore and Challinor turned us down ?

Any reliable source ?
    From Challinor’s word it seems he didn’t even interview, might have turned down the opportunity to interview.

I haven’t seen anything about Moore though. 
    So has CP. 

Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Moore not turned us down nor has Challinor because there not been any formal offer made to turn down .. Powell who cares he clearly don’t care about the club like he makes out he does . 
    Cares more about the club than that crap striker you've named your account after
  • Sponsored links:

• Beale's job hanging by a thread now. If Rangers sack him could we realistically go back in for him? Stock will have fallen after this recent failure.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah we were linked to Stokes, think he'd scored a load of goals at Falkirk on loan and ended up going to Sunderland from Arsenal. 
    Sorry, off topic, but we also wanted Clint Dempsey that January before he went to Fulham.

• Bowyer or Richardson for me would accept the Cowleys but don’t fancy any of the others mentioned but whoever it is will get my support 
  • Do we know for sure that Chris Powell turned the role down “because of the plan”. Where’s that bit come from ? I’d have thought it more likely he wasn’t interested because he’s already got the tee shirt and probably after his associations with England and Spurs can have some very attractive coaching options without the hassle of tin pot club management. 
    I'd think there are more than a few Charlton people with a direct line to Powell 
    You have to believe in the plan for sure but Chris Powell is in a far more stable job than was being offered, pretty good chance he would be number 18 in 18 and looking for work again. 
  • Bailey said:
    Do we know for sure that Chris Powell turned the role down “because of the plan”. Where’s that bit come from ? I’d have thought it more likely he wasn’t interested because he’s already got the tee shirt and probably after his associations with England and Spurs can have some very attractive coaching options without the hassle of tin pot club management. 
    I'd think there are more than a few Charlton people with a direct line to Powell 
    You have to believe in the plan for sure but Chris Powell is in a far more stable job than was being offered, pretty good chance he would be number 18 in 18 and looking for work again. 
    Is he in current employment?
  • Powell left England and Spurs so would be available for anything immediately 
  • swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    An option would be to
    Advertise the job
    Shortlist the applicants if there are any.
    Conduct interviews which includes a practical of some kind.
    Appoint someone, or re advertise if they’re all poor, asking those previously applying not to re apply.

And wait until November ?
    As every game is must win Mr Plum I would've thought time is of the essence ⏳
    We're eight points off professor Plum's target of four home wins and two away draws. As 14 points would see us top, two points a game may not be needed for automatic by season end.

Remember that after beating Orient he said P'bro was a must not lose to stay on track, but now we've been derailed, all games are must win until we're averaging two pints a game home and away. I think that's how it works.
    Yes, that is pretty much my aspiration.
  • Bailey said:
    Do we know for sure that Chris Powell turned the role down “because of the plan”. Where’s that bit come from ? I’d have thought it more likely he wasn’t interested because he’s already got the tee shirt and probably after his associations with England and Spurs can have some very attractive coaching options without the hassle of tin pot club management. 
    Is he in current employment?
    I thought he was still involved in the England coaching staff Shooters, I could be wrong though. 
  • Stand corrected 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!