Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    As I said a while ago, Darren Moore is the only candidate that does not divide the fans.
    on that basis alone he should be given the job
    He had problems with the owner at Wednesday, I'd be amazed if he came here for another dose of problems.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    As I said a while ago, Darren Moore is the only candidate that does not divide the fans.
    He had problems with the owner at Wednesday, I'd be amazed if he came here for another dose of problems.
    If a manager can’t handle problems he may as well find himself a different career. No manager is ever satisfied with the players he has and no owner is happy unless they are winning. There will always be conflict at some point.

If he didn’t want the gig he wouldn’t have gone for the interview.

Chasniri is a very difficult chairman, as unpopular up there as Dushitelet with us.
  • Redrobo said:

Not sure he'd have the same issue. The main players in this appear to be staying well away. Then we have Methven who has kind of said (Whether you believe him?) that he will leave the football stuff to football people.
    So I guess the only person keeping the manager in check will be Andy Scott?

So hopefully he should not have to deal with a buffoon similar to Sandgaard
  • NabySarr said:
    Redrobo said:
    I think everyone would be pretty happy with Leam Richardson too 
    I would not go as far as “happy”, but certainly not against him, which is important. At least he would be given a chance.
    I am not sure the other candidates would and it would not take much for some fans to turn on them.
  • RedRobin said:
    Cawley reporting that Darren Moore has declined to comment about an approach or any talks with us. Would suggest Cawley has heard something? 
    Where he said this?
  • I noticed Nathan Jones talking to Maupay in the crowd at Brentford v Bournemouth. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I noticed Nathan Jones talking to Maupay in the crowd at Brentford v Bournemouth. 
    Why didn't you go to Charlton? :)
  • Appleton’s record as a manager is shockingly awful - I’d take the Cowleys over him any day
    Their stats can't be hidden but for every manager there's the context behind them to consider. If only managers with high win percentages were offered work, he'd be one of many permanently unemployed.

Including interim positions, he's managed  or assisted in all four divisions and has been moderately successful in L1 with both Oxford and Lincoln without getting promoted out of it. I don't think he is poorly regarded within the industry though.

Whoever gets it I wish well and I won't be "done" with the Club, but I can't see him finding London and us an attractive proposition. I think it unlikely he'll take it if offered, but it depends how desperate for work he is I suppose. 
  • If we're going for an experienced manager who knows the division then I'd rather go for someone who's achieved promotion.
  • swordfish said:
    Appleton’s record as a manager is shockingly awful - I’d take the Cowleys over him any day
    Their stats can't be hidden but for every manager there's the context behind them to consider. If only managers with high win percentages were offered work, he'd be one of many permanently unemployed.

Including interim positions, he's managed  or assisted in all four divisions and has been moderately successful in L1 with both Oxford and Lincoln without getting promoted out of it. I don't think he is poorly regarded within the industry though.

Whoever gets it I wish well and I won't be "done" with the Club, but I can't see him finding London and us an attractive proposition. I think it unlikely he'll take it if offered, but it depends how desperate for work he is I suppose. 
    Going for Appleton not only ruins the interminable joke, but underscores we're a shit club in a shit league. 

Powell won't come, so for me it's really only Moore out of the names mooted that shows any ambition, and he strikes me as the sort of person who'd get the club. Maybe Nathan Jones - I do think he'd get us promoted, but showed his limitations in his last role. 
  • In a strange way, a lot of the people who don't want the job are the ones we need. It is possible, even likely, there is a gem out there but I would say the best 'interview' in terms of finding him is seeing somebody do the job and all those applying for our job will have suceeded and failed. That is why I favour giving Pearce a few games. Not because I know he will be a success, but he might be and if he isn't it is easier to go to option B. A new manager that fails will cost a lot of money.

• rikofold said:
    swordfish said:
    Appleton’s record as a manager is shockingly awful - I’d take the Cowleys over him any day

Going for Appleton not only ruins the interminable joke, but underscores we're a shit club in a shit league. 

Powell won't come, so for me it's really only Moore out of the names mooted that shows any ambition, and he strikes me as the sort of person who'd get the club. Maybe Nathan Jones - I do think he'd get us promoted, but showed his limitations in his last role. 
    It also shows what a good job the previous Southampton manager was doing!

I wouldn't have powell or bowyer purely because you should never go back

my shortlist
    moore
    jones
    cowley
  • I ain’t got no friends called punctuation got a cousin called Peter
    Minto and Brown both saying we should bring back Bowyer on Charlton Tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever it is needs to be backed with decent experienced players and time.
    We can't expect any long term success if we are constantly churning the squad with 10+ players each season. 
    Every year you have to expect that 1 or 2 of the successful players will be sold on. Will that money be reinvested?
    It worries me that Powell turned us down because of the 'plan'.
  • Says a lot when the Fleetwood, yes Fleetwood, manager is sacked after a narrow away defeat to us!!!!!
    If you watched the game yo can see why .. one trick pony once we combatted that , Fleetwood was non existent 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!