Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Ok atleast we have a manager now and for me out of the main list of contenders LB would be my choice. I think he could be entertaining if the players don’t step up their efforts. I can’t wait to see his post match interview if Kirk ever plays 😂 
  • I would be happy with Bowyer but would think the new decision makers will want someone more diplomatic and willing to toe the line. 
  • AndyG said:
    Oh you twat I just saw the date 😂 
    Had me going for a split second but at least you noticed it before the Whoosh! 😉
  • Coming round to the idea of Bowyer, but only if he's got that enthusiasm back after a rest - jaded Bowyer was no fun.

When he came in the first time the side has a real energy and positivity about them we could really do with now, and his workrate rubbing off on the youngsters we've got could be a good thing.
  • Appleton odds shortening now. If we lose today and then appoint Appleton this week I might have to choose a different sport to follow 
  • I’d be surprised if the Cowleys don’t get the job - they have been relatively successful - even at Pompey they finished well above us ! They have recent League 1 experience 
    Also there would be no need to pay compensation which will be a big plus for this mob 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Appleton odds shortening now. If we lose today and then appoint Appleton this week I might have to choose a different sport to follow 
    How many more times football is the beautiful game and Charlton are not just for Christmas (what my Dad drilled into me many decades ago) 😉.
  • edited September 2023
    A young lad with the surname Appleton has recently started following the Charlton Twitter page. I wonder...
  • If it's Appleton, I hope he'll become a Club folk hero. The same applies to anyone who takes it actually.  No names on the list of those likely to be tempted jump out as being that much more suited than others to me, but with a hastily assembled squad of relatively inexperienced L1 players, I think we need someone used to managing at that level who will be bring a trusted proven assistant with him.
  • Macronate said:
    Just seen Appleton pumping weights whilst riding a unicycle along the A2 (Falconwood turnoff).

Make of that what you will.

Was his eyes bulging 👀
  • Surprised Jason Pearce is 33/1

A win today with a decent performance & there's a good chance he gets the job IMO
  • PWADDICK said:
    ROKERITE said:
    Think it’s going to be Cowley … really impressed the club in his interview and has been shown round the TG and Valley ?? 
    As would have been anyone who has been interviewed, 🤔…don’t want Cowley 
    I am a big admirer of the Cowleys but I don't want them getting the Charlton job. They failed for the first time as a management team at Pompey. It would seem Charlton Athletic is in a worse state than Portsmouth. If they flop at The Valley their careers will be thoroughly derailed. For their sakes I hope they are appointed at a big and stable League Two or National League club.

Mind if they do appear next week with their 'Addicks scarves above their heads I'll be following Charlton Athletic closely. You never know; Jimmy Seed, Alan Curbishley and Danny Cowley!
    That Wembley defeat still hurts?
    Which one?
    Indeed, I was there for the 4-4 but watched the 2-1 on television. It was definitely the former that hurt the most though had we beaten you we wouldn't have had a brilliant following season.  In truth both our clubs benefited from that match. The main emotion after the 2019 game was anger at Jack Ross for not taking advantage of the fifth minute gift you gave us.
  • Sponsored links:

• chev said:
    Assume he spent the night with the players just for some banter then 🤣
  • edited September 2023
    I’d like LB back, I think he would galvanise the team, and kick George D onto new levels, although he might break a few players along the way.
  • Appleton has done good at this level what has he done exactly 
  • colthe3rd said:
    People who want Bowyer back have extremely short memories. You forget just how bad things were, lots of talk about how toxic the place was. Just go back and look at some of his post match interviews to remind yourselves.
    What you mean by toxic mate?
  • Gribbo said:
    colthe3rd said:
    People who want Bowyer back have extremely short memories. You forget just how bad things were, lots of talk about how toxic the place was. Just go back and look at some of his post match interviews to remind yourselves.
    What you mean by toxic mate?
    Gribbo, it pains me to say this, but you talk out of your arse ! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!