Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• msomerton said:
    Darren Moore is in the studio as part of the SSN Deadline Day coverage.
    "Great signing for Charlton there. I'm really looking forward to working with him, er watching him. From home of course."
    He was a good manager for Wednesday after a slow start, but he had a very good squad we do not. So we do not know how good he will be with a small squad of poor players.
    Tbf he had a great record in league one with Doncaster with a much worse squad
  • msomerton said:
    Darren Moore is in the studio as part of the SSN Deadline Day coverage.
    "Great signing for Charlton there. I'm really looking forward to working with him, er watching him. From home of course."
    He was a good manager for Wednesday after a slow start, but he had a very good squad we do not. So we do not know how good he will be with a small squad of poor players.
    Tbf he had a great record in league one with Doncaster with a much worse squad
    Yeah you’re right. Let’s forget about him.
  • or they go for the cheap option. Keep Pearce interim manager until January before making a permanent appointment for rest of the season.
  • Stop this cheap option repetition !

Curbs, Powell and Bowyer were on lower wages at first and none had managed before, other than Curbs was joint manager with Gritt.

I would've thought Nigel Adkins was on a better than average league 1 wage.
  • Does anyone know who the senior guy offered to hold on was?

Pearce wins a few, gets the gig on the basis the senior guy comes in?
  • Does anyone know who the senior guy offered to hold on was?

Chris Powell.
    No wonder Holden was pissed off. 
  • edited September 2023
    Does anyone know who the senior guy offered to hold on was?

Chris Powell.
    Wow. There must be at least a slim chance of him coming in as number one then surely 
  • Sponsored links:

• TeeC said:

Chris Powell.
    Wow. There must be at least a slim chance of him coming in as number one then surely 
    Wasn't it posted on here that he thinks the squad isn't up to it and wouldn't take it.
  • TeeC said:

Chris Powell.
    Wasn't it posted on here that he thinks the squad isn't up to it and wouldn't take it.
    Was said on Charlton Live by Louis last night. Think it then got relayed on here.
  • So the owners are happy for Chris powell to come in and mentor a younger manager, happy for him to be interim manager but didn't have him as no 1 target after sacking holden. 

Something with their decision making doesn't add up
  • So the owners are happy for Chris powell to come in and mentor a younger manager, happy for him to be interim manager but didn't have him as no 1 target after sacking holden. 

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. It’s just they weren’t going to appoint him last weekend.

My understanding is that he had a good look at the squad, listened to what they were planning to do and decided it was unlikely to work, so he declined.
    Do we know what that is?

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. It’s just they weren’t going to appoint him last weekend.

My understanding is that he had a good look at the squad, listened to what they were planning to do and decided it was unlikely to work, so he declined.
    This is the full time manager role, not the Holden mentor job?

This is the full time manager role, not the Holden mentor job?
    Yes. The mentor thing was always a non-starter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be bad if Powell said no.
    He knows he would have been given time by the fans and the emotional ties are obvious.

We are bang in trouble! 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Bowyer odds falling again
    Why is he suddenly the favourite??
  • Is this why Holden went on about Thomas Frank? 
  • sm said:
    I'm surprised that Andy Hughes hasn't yet been given a chance as a manager - he appears to have undertaken a number of coaching roles already with some success. 

Now that's a really interesting name to throw into the mix. Seems to be very well thought of as an U23 and first team coach and I'm also surprised he's never had a proper managerial role yet. 
  • sm said:
    I'm surprised that Andy Hughes hasn't yet been given a chance as a manager - he appears to have undertaken a number of coaching roles already with some success. 
    Good shout 
  • Think it’s going to be Cowley … really impressed the club in his interview and has been shown round the TG and Valley ?? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!