Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-job-a-roller-coaster-ride-that-doesnt-last-long-tactical-issues-and-set-piece-woes-a-factor-in-dean-holdens-departure/

The South London Press understands that it had been mooted to Holden that he needed someone more experienced to aide  or mentor him but the Mancunian would not countenance a change, preferring to stick with his coaching team of Anthony Hayes and Danny Senda, who had both been promoted from the club’s academy.

Senda, who was appointed joint assistant manager in May, was also let go by Charlton along with goalkeeping coach Glyn Shimell.

• Chizz said:
    New interim manager bounce tomorrow.  

Followed by new manager bounce when the new manager is announced, "to take over after the next game". 

Followed by new manager bounce when the new manager finally takes charge of his first game.  

Followed by new manager bounce when Pearce is named as the new interim manager again after the new manager is sacked.  

That should take us nicely up the table during September, after which we can start again. 
    Boing boing boing !
  • Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-job-a-roller-coaster-ride-that-doesnt-last-long-tactical-issues-and-set-piece-woes-a-factor-in-dean-holdens-departure/

The South London Press understands that it had been mooted to Holden that he needed someone more experienced to aide  or mentor him but the Mancunian would not countenance a change, preferring to stick with his coaching team of Anthony Hayes and Danny Senda, who had both been promoted from the club’s academy.

Senda, who was appointed joint assistant manager in May, was also let go by Charlton along with goalkeeping coach Glyn Shimell.

Also, the person they asked to mentor him thought it was a ridiculous idea...
    Curbs??
  • Darren Moore is in the studio as part of the SSN Deadline Day coverage.
    Have people missed that Cawley tweeted Moore had already been interviewed for the job?
    not seen that, all I could find was this and it doesn't say he's been interviewed - 

'GFP’s stance is that they defer all football decisions to technical director Andy Scott. It is the 51-year-old who will drive their interview process  – with the likes of Michael Appleton (below), Darren Moore, Danny Cowley and Northampton boss Jon Brady all thought to have been seen as candidates when the process started.'
    Have people missed that Cawley tweeted Moore had already been interviewed for the job?
    not seen that, all I could find was this and it doesn't say he's been interviewed - 

'GFP’s stance is that they defer all football decisions to technical director Andy Scott. It is the 51-year-old who will drive their interview process  – with the likes of Michael Appleton (below), Darren Moore, Danny Cowley and Northampton boss Jon Brady all thought to have been seen as candidates when the process started.'
    Yes that's what I saw, hence the comment. He's been in London last couple of days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-job-a-roller-coaster-ride-that-doesnt-last-long-tactical-issues-and-set-piece-woes-a-factor-in-dean-holdens-departure/

Also, the person they asked to mentor him thought it was a ridiculous idea...
    The real gaff here is that they appointed someone so experienced that they thought he couldn't continue without a mentor

Yes that's what I saw, hence the comment. He's been in London last couple of days.
    Not looking for an argument but you said 'Have people missed that Cawley tweeted Moore had already been interviewed for the job?' which is entirely different to what the article above said. Moore has been in London, at a conference yesterday as reported by another Lifer and today he's working for Sky. 
  • Valley11 said:
    MacAnthony is so unprofessional. Div. 
    He reminds me of Karl
    Robinson….likes the sound of his own voice.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    JordanJLD said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

The bloke who nobbled Martin Pringle!
    I would say 80 precent of our fans wouldn’t have a clue who Martin Pringle is?
    I named my gold fish after him at the time, so I’m clearly the 20% 😢
    We had Pringle and Mendonca too! I would switch that and say 80% will know who he is! 
    I remember that like it was yesterday. Challinor can absolutely fuck off. Seriously. 

I suppose the one useful thing he could do is help Miles Leaburn to understand how to avoid being done by thugs like him.

Why don't we go the whole thug thing and get in as his assistant the Bristol Rovers bloke in who did Grant Basey, and Kevin Muscat in as Director of  In-Game GBH. Yeah. People wanted us to "get nasty", so let's not mess around.
    I respect your posts immensely.

I can see where you are coming from, not sure I agree on this one mate though 
    And that's just fine with me. Of course I was going a bit over the top, with my @blackpool72 use of language ;) , but I really can't imagine myself warming to the guy if he took over. More importantly I don't see him being remotely up to the job. Sure we can look at young up and coming managers from a division below but he isn't young. He did eight years at Fylde, as you can see from Wiki. So he's doing OK at Stockport now, finally? So this makes him ready to step up a Division, and then take us into the Championship? I don't see it. 

Generally btw there isn't much evidence of dirty/red mist players making good managers. Compare say Jack Charlton (good hard player) and Roy Keane (red mist to cover the planet). Can anybody think of a real dirty bastard, one who  deliberately maimed his fellow pros, who made a good manager? Funny enough I think Kevin Muscat had a crack at it, but only in Oz of course.

• Got much more time for Karl Robinson than MacAnthony. 
  • edited September 2023
    This is gonna be the worst potential ITK post of all time but fuck it. 

Darren Moore just gave a talk at my job. Whilst saying goodbye to people Moore stated he is staying in London overnight and the host wished him luck for tomorrow.

No idea what he's doing tomorrow but hopefully he's interviewing to be our manager.
    Unfortunately it looks like the good luck may have been for Darren Moore appearing on transfer deadline day on sky sports, shame.

For clarification, Darren Moore did not cheekily wink at me at Asda 
  • We would obviously be interested in Moore but would be surprised if he applied for the job, assume he will be hoping to be in the mix for the first struggling Championship club who sack their manager.
  • Chizz said:
    New interim manager bounce tomorrow.  

Followed by new manager bounce when the new manager is announced, "to take over after the next game". 

Followed by new manager bounce when the new manager finally takes charge of his first game.  

Followed by new manager bounce when Pearce is named as the new interim manager again after the new manager is sacked.  

That should take us nicely up the table during September, after which we can start again. 
    Watford watch with interest, and decide to trump us by sacking their manager at HT in every game, to get the new manager bounce for the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

"Great signing for Charlton there. I'm really looking forward to working with him, er watching him. From home of course."
    He was a good manager for Wednesday after a slow start, but he had a very good squad we do not. So we do not know how good he will be with a small squad of poor players.
  • Has anyone who fancies Darren Moore as manager listened to him. He talks total gibberish ! 
  • Has anyone who fancies Darren Moore as manager listened to him. He talks total gibberish ! 
    I listened to him yesterday and I never thought he spoke very well

Speaks the language of a decent manager..thats enough for me.
  • Just been reading an article on Northampton manager Brady … very impressive guy Australian talks good football , use to work in Northampton many moons ago but still have friends who rate him very highly and like the attacking style of football .. said he will move up to a bigger club sooner rather then later . 
  • so not us then if a bigger club
  • cafc_se7 said:
    JordanJLD said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

The bloke who nobbled Martin Pringle!
    I would say 80 precent of our fans wouldn’t have a clue who Martin Pringle is?
    I named my gold fish after him at the time, so I’m clearly the 20% 😢
    We had Pringle and Mendonca too! I would switch that and say 80% will know who he is! 
    I remember that like it was yesterday. Challinor can absolutely fuck off. Seriously. 

I suppose the one useful thing he could do is help Miles Leaburn to understand how to avoid being done by thugs like him.

Why don't we go the whole thug thing and get in as his assistant the Bristol Rovers bloke in who did Grant Basey, and Kevin Muscat in as Director of  In-Game GBH. Yeah. People wanted us to "get nasty", so let's not mess around.
    I respect your posts immensely.

I can see where you are coming from, not sure I agree on this one mate though 
    And that's just fine with me. Of course I was going a bit over the top, with my @blackpool72 use of language ;) , but I really can't imagine myself warming to the guy if he took over. More importantly I don't see him being remotely up to the job. Sure we can look at young up and coming managers from a division below but he isn't young. He did eight years at Fylde, as you can see from Wiki. So he's doing OK at Stockport now, finally? So this makes him ready to step up a Division, and then take us into the Championship? I don't see it. 

Generally btw there isn't much evidence of dirty/red mist players making good managers. Compare say Jack Charlton (good hard player) and Roy Keane (red mist to cover the planet). Can anybody think of a real dirty bastard, one who  deliberately maimed his fellow pros, who made a good manager? Funny enough I think Kevin Muscat had a crack at it, but only in Oz of course.

You may well be right about his management skills, but you are wrong in your assessment of being a dirty/red mist player which I have pointed out earlier.
    He received 1 red card in his career - for handball, which was rescinded. Not exactly a history of violence is it? 

He was not fined by his manager for that tackle after all, the ref who saw the tackle gave a yellow. I am not sure how you conclude that it was deliberate.

I have not seen the tackle, but I am not writing him off on that basis.

• Just been reading an article on Northampton manager Brady … very impressive guy Australian talks good football , use to work in Northampton many moons ago but still have friends who rate him very highly and like the attacking style of football .. said he will move up to a bigger club sooner rather then later . 
    Northampton friends?  Cobblers!
  • edited September 2023
  • Gribbo said:
    Just been listening back to Charlton Live. Louis' view is that Powell wouldn't touch it having looked at the squad and decided not good enough.
    Well that's not a very good attitude, if correct, is it?
    typical palace
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!