Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Bailey said:
    Stand corrected 
    In fairness, nobody seems to know for certain what Powell is doing now and where he us.
  • Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

There is nobody else out there that appeals to me. 
    Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Moore not turned us down nor has Challinor because there not been any formal offer made to turn down .. Powell who cares he clearly don’t care about the club like he makes out he does . 
    Clubs have agents, as do managers. 
    When a prospect says “I’ve not spoken to them” - it can still be true. 

Perhaps my post should have said “declined the opportunity to enter discussions”
    but the net result is the same - it’s not Moore or Challinor. 
  • Alex Dyer was at Newport. We ran into him in the lift at the team hotel the following morning (the team had gone) so clearly he is doing something related to Charlton. Scouting?

The hotel thing is likely a coincidence as I don’t think there is a huge choice.
    Been a coach in a lot of places, love to see him back at the club in some capacity 
  • AndyG said:
    Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Moore not turned us down nor has Challinor because there not been any formal offer made to turn down .. Powell who cares he clearly don’t care about the club like he makes out he does . 
    Mate I usually never bother to respond to your posts as they are obviously written to try and cause effect. However this one got me thinking how little you must have going on to constantly keep thinking this stuff up 😂 
    This is an important to remember. There is clearly, a very damaged, impotent individual behind the RonnieMoore persona. 

As a civilised group we should be doing everything in our power to support this man, with the ultimate goal of reintegrating them into mainstream society.

However unpalatable that may be.
    Wise words lol
  • Bailey said:
    Alex Dyer was at Newport. We ran into him in the lift at the team hotel the following morning (the team had gone) so clearly he is doing something related to Charlton. Scouting?

The hotel thing is likely a coincidence as I don’t think there is a huge choice.
    What hotels or prospective managers ? 
    Sorry, meant Hotels or GOOD prospective managers
  • edited September 2023
    AndyG said:
    Challenor and Moore have both turned us down. 
    So has CP. 

Let’s stick with Pearce. 
    Mate I usually never bother to respond to your posts as they are obviously written to try and cause effect. However this one got me thinking how little you must have going on to constantly keep thinking this stuff up 😂 
    This is an important to remember. There is clearly, a very damaged, impotent individual behind the RonnieMoore persona. 

As a civilised group we should be doing everything in our power to support this man, with the ultimate goal of reintegrating them into mainstream society.

However unpalatable that may be.
    Fair comment. Think we should do all we can to help one of our own. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Alex Dyer was at Newport. We ran into him in the lift at the team hotel the following morning (the team had gone) so clearly he is doing something related to Charlton. Scouting?

Didn't you ask him?
  • I’ll be honest and say that all the names being mentioned are pretty much a punt. They’ve all had successes and failures. The latter being the reason they are linked to us. As long as the new man, whoever it is can come in and organise and add discipline to what I now think is a squad capable of achieving top six then I’ll be happy. Appleton wouldn’t be my number one for the job but he’s no more likely to succeed or fail as any of the others. Personally for me I hope it’s Darren Moore but if it’s any of those names we’ve been discussing I won’t be throwing a hissy fit. Quite why some posters are saying if it’s this one or that one then they’re done is frankly laughable. 
    We’re a league 1 club and not one that looks like running away with the league, any manager that comes in will be a punt. In fact I’d argue that any manager appointed in football these days (other than say half a dozen) are a “punt”. 
  • Redrobo said:
    As I said a while ago, Darren Moore is the only candidate that does not divide the fans.
    on that basis alone he should be given the job
    He had problems with the owner at Wednesday, I'd be amazed if he came here for another dose of problems.

Not sure he'd have the same issue. The main players in this appear to be staying well away. Then we have Methven who has kind of said (Whether you believe him?) that he will leave the football stuff to football people.
    So I guess the only person keeping the manager in check will be Andy Scott?

So hopefully he should not have to deal with a buffoon similar to Sandgaard
    Saw this group of four Saturday afternoon.

Didn't you ask him?
    He was doing a hotel lift assessment in wales. That particular lift went from floor 4 to ground floor in 25 seconds and had a capacity 6 people. 
  • Moore hasn’t been approached how can he turn it down ?
  • edited September 2023
    swordfish said:
    Scott Brown next Charlton manger. You heard it here first.

Available and was at the Valley yesterday.

2/5 with some bookies.
    Didn't Curbs try to sign him way back when. Unfinished business 🤔 My guess is that Appleton might end up at Fleetwood now, so they'll steel him out from under our noses 😉
    Not  more knife crime!?
  • swordfish said:
    Scott Brown next Charlton manger. You heard it here first.

Available and was at the Valley yesterday.

2/5 with some bookies.
    Didn't Curbs try to sign him way back when. Unfinished business 🤔 My guess is that Appleton might end up at Fleetwood now, so they'll steel him out from under our noses 😉
    What you mean he’ll be carried in on a sedan chair with metal poles. That’ll be some arrival 😉.

• Moore hasn’t been approached how can he turn it down ?
    Maybe that’s our new strategy - can’t be rejected if we don’t approach any potential managers!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    I notice Michael Beale is under pressure at Rangers already. Fans are calling for his resignation after being humiliated by, er, a 1-0 defeat to Celtic. Wow, what an appalling result. Embarrassing. 🙄

Anyway, he’s a name people usually mention as a potential manager for us. Maybe he’ll be available sooner than expected?
  • edited September 2023
    I notice Michael Beale is under pressure at Rangers already. Fans are calling for his resignation after being humiliated by, er, a 1-0 defeat to Celtic. Wow, what an appalling result. Embarrassing. 🙄

Anyway, he’s a name people usually mention as a potential manager for us. Maybe he’ll be available sooner than expected?
    He's a local lad so I think that's why his name has come up in the past
  • Local lad and ex academy player but I can't see him being available in the right kind of timeframe to be in contention. 
  • Davo55 said:
    Beale is totally out of our league.
    And price range, I imagine. 
  • Any plans to help Ronnie Moore are totally misguided. He is an effing idiot who deliberately posts controversial views. 
    He has openly posted on ITTV forum that he comes on here to wind people up. Ignore. 
    If true then I’d be reaching for the mute button if there was one.
  • UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    My memory not what it once was but I think it was Les Reed who tried to sign Scott Brown before he went to Celtic. 
    Didn't we try and sign Brown and the striker who's name I can't remember, I think he ended up at Sunderland, from Hibs? 
    Was Brown and Kevin Thomson. Another Midfielder who both went to play for old firm.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6196309.stm
    Wasnt it this lad as well? - Derek Riordan - Wikipedia
    I suspected it might have been due to the profile, I knew it wasn't Fletcher, but I have zero recognition of him ever being leaked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!