Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we really dismissing a manager on the basis of a tackle he made before half our current squad were born?
    I am. If anybody has a problem with that, they can fuck off too. are free to disagree.
    Been on the Staropramen mate 🍻😉
  • vff said:
    I applaud 👏 Scott & Methven looking at managers with League 2 & National League experience. Its a win all round for Charlton. Excellent to have a manager experienced in League 2 & National League given the direction Methven, Scott & his pals club are sending the club in.

These L2 / unemployed managers will also be cheap to hire & fire & perfect for pinning the blame on & distracting from the Methven & Scott genius strategy -  when everything goes even more pearshaped. 
    Charlton supporters have the added benefit of getting used to the standard of football coming our wayin future seasons, so its not too much of a shock. Throw ins should improve though. Happy days !

Methven can also get those costs down by getting the budget down to national league / league two levels. Man of his word is Charlie. Not sure 🤔 why any Charlton supporter is unhappy given Scott & Methven solid preparation for the future. 
    Our best manager ever was not even a manager but a coach when he joined us and had never been a manager …… all managers have to start somewhere even Pep and co needed that break 
  • vff said:
    I applaud 👏 Scott & Methven looking at managers with League 2 & National League experience. Its a win all round for Charlton. Excellent to have a manager experienced in League 2 & National League given the direction Methven, Scott & his pals club are sending the club in.

These L2 / unemployed managers will also be cheap to hire & fire & perfect for pinning the blame on & distracting from the Methven & Scott genius strategy -  when everything goes even more pearshaped. 
    Charlton supporters have the added benefit of getting used to the standard of football coming our wayin future seasons, so its not too much of a shock. Throw ins should improve though. Happy days !

Methven can also get those costs down by getting the budget down to national league / league two levels. Man of his word is Charlie. Not sure 🤔 why any Charlton supporter is unhappy given Scott & Methven solid preparation for the future. 
    Apart from a simple fact that CM has nothing to do with appointing a new manager . 
    Yes he does. He's part of the SMT.
  • vff said:

Apart from a simple fact that CM has nothing to do with appointing a new manager . 
    ........ but he is responsible for bringing multiple Billionaires into the fold................. who in turn have the ambition and clout to turn this club around........ well some idiots have fallen for that one !! 
  • Stupid
    Muddlesome
    Tits
  • Sponsored links:

• Odds mean diddly squat
  • vff said:

Our best manager ever was not even a manager but a coach when he joined us and had never been a manager …… all managers have to start somewhere even Pep and co needed that break 
    Your faith in Methven & leaping to his defence in the face of evidence & current shambles is admirable & touching, brought a tear to my eye 😂 Example to us all. 
  • If it is to be Challinor then why not?

A good recent record, and potentially a "young, hungry" manager.

Historically Eddie Firmani ,Lennie Lawrence,Alan Curbishley , Chris Powell and Lee Bowyer managed us successfully without any pedigree of success as managers. I think for all of them it was their first job in management. 

We could have gone for the Cowleys.I like them.They talk a lot of sense but after great success at Lincoln are on a merry go round of recent disappointments. Sacked by Portsmouth last season!

Darren Moore did well at Wednesday in the end. What a turnaround at Hillsborough in the 2nd leg and a lot down to his management of the team in the week leading up to the game.But after their collapse towards the end of the season many Wednesday fans lost faith in his tactics.There was even talk of his being sacked after their abysmal performance at Forest Green near the end of the season. 

This could be thinking outside of the box and doing something a little bit different.Let's give the guy a chance - if it is him!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Same bloke that said he was gone, on a different account, about 6 hours ago.
    Probably a Nigel in his bedroom playing with himself on a wind up.
  • edited August 2023
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The last manager from League 2 did great, signed plenty of players from L2 as well for us.  That ended well.   
    Hiring a successful L2 manager worked out horrendously for Rob Edwards and Luton as well.
    How did it work out for Rob Edwards and Watford?

Worked out very well at Watford.
    He was in the top half of the table in 10th place after just 10 games and he got a years money when sacked. Win/win situation and now he has overachieved at Luton.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    I do hope so.

Back to the drawing board guys. Who's next ?  We've gone from Darren Fergusson, through to Chris Powell, Lee Bowyer, The Cowley brothers & Michael Appleton. Now it looks like Dave Challinor has snubbed us too.

who's for the Erith & Belvedere manager ?  Start off low & aim high... right ?
  • MattF said:
    Will have to start making a list of whose turned us down. 
  • Funny if he rejects us and stays at stockport and they lose another 3/4 games and he gets sacked😂👍🏻

Tbf he is northern and maybe we wasnt enough of a pull to uproot him and his family to come south🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited August 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The last manager from League 2 did great, signed plenty of players from L2 as well for us.  That ended well.   
    Hiring a successful L2 manager worked out horrendously for Rob Edwards and Luton as well.
    How did it work out for Rob Edwards and Watford?

Worked out very well at Watford.
    He was in the top half of the table in 10th place after just 10 games and he got a years money when sacked. Win/win situation and now he has overachieved at Luton.
    You mean he was 10th, mid table, like the Cowleys were when they got sacked?

The whole point is success is relative, and in the eye of the beholder.  

Some say Jackson was a success for finishing midtable, some say he was a failure.
  • Uboat said:

Many bets coming in from the greater Manchester area.
  • Ryan Whelan is not a reliable source. I doubt it's even been offered formally to anyone yet, let alone been turned down.
    He was the original source of him getting the job in the first place.
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we really dismissing a manager on the basis of a tackle he made before half our current squad were born?
    I am. If anybody has a problem with that, they can fuck off too. are free to disagree.
    Been on the Staropramen mate 🍻😉
    I am never, ever on that. It is nowadays produced for export to non- EU countries😉
  • RedChaser said:
    Fully qualified Physiotherapist has a first class Hons degree which augers well, two for the price of one
    Physiotherapist you say? Sorry, we’re after a fully qualified psychotherapist!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!