Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• The last manager from League 2 did great, signed plenty of players from L2 as well for us.  That ended well.   
    Hiring a successful L2 manager worked out horrendously for Rob Edwards and Luton as well.
    How did it work out for Rob Edwards and Watford?
  • Sam_777 said:
    Hard to tell if people are being genuine or facetious when saying legendary managers couldn’t get a tune out this mob. Regardless of how there may be some right crap in this team, a competent manager should be able to out-compete at least 17 of the shite clubs in this division & get top 6. 

Those legendary managers worked with legendary players though, what makes you think they could turn our current squad into league winners?
  • Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

The bloke who nobbled Martin Pringle!
    I would say 80 precent of our fans wouldn’t have a clue who Martin Pringle is?
    Funnily enough, I bumped into Martin Pringle in Bluewater, he was quite starstruck and tongue twisted, or was it the other way round…
    Was he still limping ?
    Sorry Fanny, I can remember, in fact I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The last manager from League 2 did great, signed plenty of players from L2 as well for us.  That ended well.   
    Hiring a successful L2 manager worked out horrendously for Rob Edwards and Luton as well.
    How did it work out for Rob Edwards and Watford?
    Watford are the only club worse than us for manager longevity!
    I think that's exactly the point.  With 1 or 2 exceptions any manager that hasn't failed somewhere hasn't been given an opportunity.
  • edited August 2023
    Not sure if this has been posted: 

This is why bookies odds can't be seen as gospel, there's no chance Moore is rocking up to York in the national League where wages would be an issue.

York City fans also believe it could be true. Find it very hard to believe 

They're almost rocky bloody bottom of the National League 
  • Sponsored links:

• The last manager from League 2 did great, signed plenty of players from L2 as well for us.  That ended well.   
    Good thing it’s not the same bloke then isn’t it…

Not sure that’s the best way judge a potential incoming manager.
    It was stated we were seeking a manager with a promotion from L1 on their CV, now we are interviewing Stockport L2 manager that has won promotion from non league only.  Does that qualify him to know about and be up to speed on what they are going to come up against in L1. Additionally this is a club with expectations above what they have encountered coupled with being a basket case and not the proper backing.  We've already seen experienced managers fall to the wayside from a dysfunctional hierarchy.

We were told start of last season that all our L2 signings would be great on here and succeed in getting us promoted, how many of them have lasted the course.       

Sure there are occasionally young up and coming managers form non league or L2 that have success but the Stockport guy isn't young with fresh bright ideas. 

I have given all new mangers a chance regardless, but right now if the SMT follow the Sandgaad theory of football then there is a bigger chance of failure.  I think we have all had enough of punts of chance and we keep getting informed that they the SMT are serious knowledgeable football people, so to them, prove it.  Get someone in with at least the appropriate track record to achieve what is required. 

• Not sure if this has been posted: 

This is why bookies odds can't be seen as gospel, there's no chance Moore is rocking up to York in the national League where wages would be an issue.

They have signed some big players, for the conference, this summer.  I think they are being well backed.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not sure if this has been posted: 

They have signed some big players, for the conference, this summer.  I think they are being well backed.
    https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/23620164.uggla-family-completes-takeover-york-city-football-club/
    That bloke had worked in League One before with Bristol Rovers, it didnt work out for him there, so perhaps a warning sign at the time for our owner.

Challinor is also a risk, but this time because he's unproven at this level.

However he's won promotion at all his clubs, so hope we dont buck the trend.
    This says it all.

We are told the SMT are experienced football people so why take that risk.  I accept all managers regardless of CV come with a risk factor but why largen the risk odds. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we really dismissing a manager on the basis of a tackle he made before half our current squad were born?
    Remember that Don McAllister joined Charlton after breaking Mark Penfold's leg.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    JordanJLD said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

The bloke who nobbled Martin Pringle!
    I would say 80 precent of our fans wouldn’t have a clue who Martin Pringle is?
    I named my gold fish after him at the time, so I’m clearly the 20% 😢
    We had Pringle and Mendonca too! I would switch that and say 80% will know who he is! 
    I remember that like it was yesterday. Challinor can absolutely fuck off. Seriously. 

I suppose the one useful thing he could do is help Miles Leaburn to understand how to avoid being done by thugs like him.

Why don't we go the whole thug thing and get in as his assistant the Bristol Rovers bloke in who did Grant Basey, and Kevin Muscat in as Director of  In-Game GBH. Yeah. People wanted us to "get nasty", so let's not mess around.
    This is the passion we need at the Club!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we really dismissing a manager on the basis of a tackle he made before half our current squad were born?
    No, I'm dismissing him as he hasn't managed higher than League 2. 

Then again, I suppose he'll be in place for next season when we'll be trying to get OUT of League 2. 
  • Darren Moore at 1/2 was yesterday - he's 14/1 now. Challinor 4/5. Bet Victor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Then again, I suppose he'll be in place for next season when we'll be trying to get OUT of League 2. 
    Who has been promoted from League 1 but never been sacked,  anywhere?
  • Odds right now, BetVictor

• Cafc43v3r said:

Did you dismiss Curbs who hadn’t managed at all ? 
    That bloke had worked in League One before with Bristol Rovers, it didnt work out for him there, so perhaps a warning sign at the time for our owner.

Challinor is also a risk, but this time because he's unproven at this level.

However he's won promotion at all his clubs, so hope we dont buck the trend.
    This says it all.

We are told the SMT are experienced football people so why take that risk.  I accept all managers regardless of CV come with a risk factor but why largen the risk odds. 
    There is risk regardless of the choice in Football - We had an experienced Manager recently what with Adkins, and that didnt work either.
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Remember that Don McAllister joined Charlton after breaking Mark Penfold's leg.
    Yeah, and he was shit too, as were we at the time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!